CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
B-G
smoovecock
usc1
StormOfTalons
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (874)
Spurrier vs Saban (865)
Kansas to invest $75 (783)
When does fall pract (739)
An Air Algerie Fligh (305)
Expect A Healthy Dos (288)
Anyone Switching to (279)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (279)
Darth Vader 'Vette (205)
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Official WWE Thread
Spurrier vs Saban
college football match up
Coach's media golf press
Preseason Depth Chart
Signee James Thompson arr
Texags
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red

Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation Cack's Toast Of The Game: Arkansas

Minus the opening drive, we finally play a complete game. There was a lot of talk about some Defensive starters losing their starting position, and starting out on the bench. I think we saw what this Defense can do with a little light under their tails. Every game this season, our guys would be out of position or be in position and miss the tackle. Minus a very few plays Saturday, they were where they were supposed to be, and brought the ball carrier down when they got a hand on them.

Another thing I saw Saturday that we hadn't in other games. When one guy hit the ball carrier ... 2-3 others were quickly there helping on the play. We've been used to seeing gang tackles in recent past from guys flying to the ball. This season everyone would just watch the play and not help out. I saw a lot of help on Defense bringing the carriers down.

It was a great Defensive showing, but the toast is going back to the Offensive side of the ball this week ...

THIS WEEK'S CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME ... AGAINST ARKANSAS IS ... CONNOR SHAW

Connor has really opened up the Offense this year, and it has blown up. I have been one of the fans that hasn't been 100% sold on Shaw, but the kid is beasting it this year and deserves some recognition. He went 19 for 28, and from what I can remember, not a lot of those were dump off passes. He fired it into 3 man coverage to complete a first down to Byrd, he read the play perfectly on the first Ellington TD when he went outside and was left wide open, and he hit Byrd in stride on another bomb play. Connor is starting to trust his eyes and arms and it's really showing what time of a QB he can be. Mix that in with his tremendous running ability (3rd and 17 pick up and TD run) ... and I don't see any Defense stopping this Offense. If he's on his game ... the Atlanta Dome is still in the picture.

Honorable Mentions:
Mike Davis - I believe it's been enough for me to start saying ... Davis being Davis

Jadeveon Clowney - The broadcasting crew (although they were completely clueless about MOST of everything else) finally pointed out the impact that Clowney REALLY has on the game, even if he's not making every tackle.

Defense - I think the whole group deserves some love this week. They stayed full speed ahead the entire game. We don't expect keeping every team to 7 points, and shut out after the opening drive ... but we'll take it. We have to have a performance close to this the next few weeks if we want to win these next 2 road games.

Offensive Line - Wow, just wow. So many plays show the amazing job these guys are doing. With just 1 senior on the team, we can only hope and pray all of these guys come back next year. If they return, there's no doubt we'll have the #1 Oline in the nation next year. These guys force their will on any and everybody they're matched up against. Whether it's giving Shaw tons of time on 3rd and 17 before he decides to just take off, or if it's 4th and 2 and Shell gets behind Davis and throws him 5 yards down field. This group is a bunch of BEASTS!!!!!

Pharoh Cooper - Soon, Williams Brice Stadium will adopt the "Cooooooop" cry that we grew to love at Carolina Stadium for Blake Cooper. Pharoh is a PLAY MAKER! He doesn't look that fast, but you just can't take him down ... unless you're the punter

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR GLASS ... HERE'S TO YOU CONNOR SHAW

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis
Week 5 - JT Surratt
Week 6 - Connor Shaw

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cack's Toast Of The Game: Arkansas

Here, here to all. Also good to see Vic cover his man and make a play.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Finally Connor gets a toast !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

CockyCash: 500
5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Agree! Connor played lights out. He is trusting his eyes and arm and his O-line is playing their butts off for him.

Like you say, if these guys come back.....look out!

Side note. I don't think Patrick is playing this week is he?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Heck yeah!! Tge dude is ballin like a muthaficka. (Excuse my french) like i said in my thread in the offseason where i was called a tater. Tgis is the player he coulda been the whole time. Tge ofense will only get better. I hope he has a 400 yard game before he leaves here.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

"Davis being Davis" makes its debut
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

19 for 28 and his completion % average goes DOWN. When is the last time we could say that about a QB?

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Heck yeah!! Tge dude is ballin like a muthaficka. (Excuse my french) like i said in my thread in the offseason where i was called a tater. Tgis is the player he coulda been the whole time. Tge ofense will only get better. I hope he has a 400 yard game before he leaves here.

Why do you not use "h"?

And screw the 400 yard game, I just hope he doesn't lose another game, regardless of yards..
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
BrutusJ
Two Deep

Male

BrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudly

I personally think the defense had a better game than the offense, especially in the first half.
BrutusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

good call on the toast...I wondered if you might give it to Pharoh but there were so many to choose from!
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'll go with that.

Hell of a game by Shaw.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Not much to complain about for this game. The team came focused and ready to ball and ball out they did!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Shaw has been in Beast-Mode all season!! I also loved the scamper on 3rd and 17 to get the first down! Hated the play after it!!! But then it was the dagger to their psyche when we scored before halftime.

Sweetness never looked so good or felt so right...
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Although I never felt Thompson was a better alternative to Shaw, I was never really sold on him until this year. He is still late on a few throws, but last Saturday he was right on the money on everything. Even most of his misses seemed to be throwaways to avoid a sack.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

Bruce Ellington is somewhere wondering why he gets no love for 96 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half...
SC Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Shawn Elliot finally getting the results of the oline that he has been teaching since he got here
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
Shawn Elliot finally getting the results of the oline that he has been teaching since he got here
We've been hearing the talk about how great of an Oline coach he was for years ... glad to see it showing up on the field.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Great game for Connor and an all around great game for the Cocks!
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
We've been hearing the talk about how great of an Oline coach he was for years ... glad to see it showing up on the field.
I think it also shows you can be the best coach around but until you get talent and depth of talent the results won't show.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Great write up. Our offense has really exceeded my expectations for this year. It looks like Shaw feels comfortable engineering our drives.