CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock

Old 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
theoSCARfan89
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
theoSCARfan89 has hatched from the shell
Default Any word on Brandon Wilds

Just curious if anyone had heard any updates on his injury? If he's recovering more slowly or if he's recovering faster? Just curious/can't wait for him to get back out there.
theoSCARfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

RoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spurs
Default Re: Any word on Brandon Wilds

I was concerned about this, too. While I think UTK will be challenging, I think USC can/should win that game with Shaw/Davis/Carson, et al. But that Mizzou game looms large, and I think it's imperative that Wilds is back to give Davis a spell.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
theoSCARfan89
Walk On

Male

theoSCARfan89 has hatched from the shell

It'd be nice to have Shaq Roland back, too...just one more playmaker on the outside.
theoSCARfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

wasn't it just a left elbow sprain? Can't he just carry it in his right hand or is left handed?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Shaq will be back for the UT game.

Wilds I hear in progressing nicely in his recovery. I wouldn't be surprised if he got cleared to play for the Mizzou game.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
wasn't it just a left elbow sprain? Can't he just carry it in his right hand or is left handed?
no, dislocated elbow.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #7
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I thought it was four weeks.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #8
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

i have been wondering the same, when a player goes 2 weeks without a word edgewise I start to worry if he is out for the season.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #9
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I read the initial idea was 2-3 weeks, but not definite. That put Brandon returning at best for Missouri, and at worst for Miss State. You can't play with a bum arm or elbow: you won't be able to hold onto the ball if an opponent tries to strip it from you, because you're one-armed with the other one too weak. Arm braces are probably too slick to use as well, and the ball might slip out.

We should be fine with Davis and Carson for the next couple of games, with Shaw also getting a lot of touches and Cooper now also factoring in. For a while in 2011 right after we lost Marcus to his first ACL, we only had Wilds and Shaw for a few games until Miles came back from his crushed hand that kept him out for most of the season. Just hope no one else gets hurt, or we pull Williams' red-shirt off.....
Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #10
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Hopefully we'll have some of our injured guys back for the Clash of the Columbias.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

I can not wait for Wilds to be back. The two-headed monster at RB is a great strength of ours. In the mean time, I hope to see Carson making improvements. He had some decent runs on Saturday, even though his YPC were pretty dismal.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

As long as Carson can get 3-4 yards a carry and most importantly PROTECT THE BALL, I'm fine with him getting some time while Wilds gets healthy. We didn't need Wilds against Arky, and hopefully we won't against TN and MO.

I'd put the combo of Wilds and Davis against any other in the league.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

I would sure love to have him back for the Florida game.