CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
taylorssc
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
doubledribble
Order 66
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks321
ScottK
So Disappointed With (2634)
Rank the QBs under S (1859)
Back like cooked cra (1478)
No Comments on the H (801)
Who start on the d l (714)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (231)
Gameday parking in A (163)
Call of Duty: Advanc (118)
Why I think we beat Aubur
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Tennessee game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Back like cooked crack

Old 10-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
cockypastor
Exiled in Hogland

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his combcockypastor is developing his comb
Default Scheduling mistakes?

I'm going to the Missouri game with an old Navy buddy. While working out the details of the trip he told me it's their homecoming. Do schools not realize these are not the Gamecocks of the late 90s? Schedule them as your homecoming opponent at your own peril.
cockypastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly
Default Re: Scheduling mistakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypastor View Post
I'm going to the Missouri game with an old Navy buddy. While working out the details of the trip he told me it's their homecoming. Do schools not realize these are not the Gamecocks of the late 90s? Schedule them as your homecoming opponent at your own peril.
Indeed. Let's turn a homecoming into a homewrecking.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Can't wait to hear SOS 's post game comments.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

does that really matter ... is homecoming really that big of a deal to people.. cause ive never understood why its such a big insult to be scheduled as a homecoming game or even why its a big deal at your own school
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

homecoming means more in highschool than college...

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Its just a title in College.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

The last time we were scheduled for a homecoming game didn't turn out so well for the other guys...

Just ask Hawgy...
Old 10-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

If I'm only going to come back for one game a year (and that game being homecoming) I'd rather it be against someone like UGA, Tenn Florida or Clemson than an FCS school or Miss State.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

These days the SEC and ESPN do most of the scheduling. Homecoming? Bleh.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

It's always been considered a slap in the face to be someone's homecoming. For the most part, a school tries to schedule someone they feel they should beat. Listen to what SOS said after the Arkansas game. He mentions how it wasn't much of a homecoming for them. He notices it, and I would be willing to bet a lot that a coaching staff will tell their team, over and over that they are the homecoming team for that school.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

It happens. Normally you do want a patsy but it does not always work out that way. My brothers HS had the defending state champs for homecoming last week. Actually that turned out ok.

Points to the first person to figure out and post BOTH teams!!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
It happens. Normally you do want a patsy but it does not always work out that way. My brothers HS had the defending state champs for homecoming last week. Actually that turned out ok.

Tell me where your brother lives, & I'll find the answer quickly.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #13
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar90 View Post
Tell me where your brother lives, & I'll find the answer quickly.
He doesn't live where he coaches but he lives where I do (hint hint!). Check the defending champs that travelled and lost last week... If I get more specific it'll give it away!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #14
davidwatson249
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 490
davidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervous

Being scheduled as the homecoming team is a sign of disrespect. You normally schedule homecoming for a game where there is not going to be any real worry if you are going to get the win. Just a time for people to show up and enjoy a large victory.
davidwatson249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I heard Missouri makes a big deal about their Homecoming. So, let's make them regret that insult.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:

crestwood hartsville?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
crestwood hartsville?
Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner!
there are so many programers and staff at google that I'll have to thank in my acceptance speach, but mostly thanks to mr daddy66 for the entertaining break from work.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

we have MSST as our homecoming this year.

Our homecoming theme is the United States of the Carolina's. Our relay theme for the year is Gamecocks vs Cancer. They came up when some VERY creative themes

Unless you are in a large student organization (mainly greek life), homecoming here isn't a huge deal. They make a big hoopla about it at UF though. Gator Growl the night before the game can attract upwards to 50,000 people. It's the largest student run event in the country
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
there are so many programers and staff at google that I'll have to thank in my acceptance speach.
I wondered where they had all disappeared to after lunch.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote