CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
The Yancey
BlueHerons
Evilchicken2
donbgamecock
OBC banner being add (2124)
The bane of our seas (1775)
Ward wants us to pla (1393)
Who scores the first (1340)
Davis Playing in A&a (1081)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (748)
SL,UT Gamecocks (701)
CFB Playoff Bracket (627)
All garnet for Thurs (535)
THE OFFICIAL ICEBUCK (446)
I'm not buying the hype,
SL,UT Gamecocks
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
First "Carolina Call
Ward wants us to play fas
OBC banner being added to
Who scores the first touc

Old 10-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
thespurr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
thespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his comb
Default Tailgating in Knoxville

Anyone got any suggestions about a good Tailgate spot around the stadium? I'm looking for a place to park with a few friends. I remember going up last year and parking in a garage and it sucked. Hoping someone on here found a pretty decent place to park that's not in a garage.

Thanks in advance.
thespurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs
Default Re: Tailgating in Knoxville

Just go to Calhouns, down a few and then walk down to the stadium for the game. I like Knoxville much better at night, that way you can hit Calhouns for lunch and dinner and stay there all day watching games on TV and then walk down to the stadium, if you are still ambulatory at that point.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

There's a sandy lot up a hill across the street from Calhoun's on the river. It will mostly be occupied by Carolina fans, including myself. PM me if you need further assistance. I live in Maryville, so I'll be glad to help any way I can.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
UT's#1Fan
Walk On

Male

UT's#1Fan is learning to peckUT's#1Fan is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespurr View Post
Anyone got any suggestions about a good Tailgate spot around the stadium? I'm looking for a place to park with a few friends. I remember going up last year and parking in a garage and it sucked. Hoping someone on here found a pretty decent place to park that's not in a garage.

Thanks in advance.
Call this place...... http://wscoincollectibles.com/
865-584-8070 He should have plenty of parking passes for this game for well under $100.

Or search Knoxville craigslist for parking passes... im sure there will be REALLY cheap ones on there.

Here's a picture of the parking lots close to Neyand... i've bubbled the decent better lots in blue.
Attached Images

UT's#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^UT fan-what do you think the ticket situation will be like up there? i know the students will be on fall break. will that make tickets easier and cheaper to find? what do expect prices to be like?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Church Street United Methodist Church
We usually park here not too bad a walk and lots of gamecock fans around. They have real bathrooms inside they allow you to use and there is a long hallway/lobby that is heated you can escape the cold from if you need.
Name:  parking ut.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  275.1 KB

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
UT's#1Fan
Walk On

Male

UT's#1Fan is learning to peckUT's#1Fan is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
^UT fan-what do you think the ticket situation will be like up there? i know the students will be on fall break. will that make tickets easier and cheaper to find? what do expect prices to be like?
I would assume tickets should be relatively easy to come by at right around face value.... the Westside Collectables place sells tickets as well. But I wouldn't advise you buy from him because they'll be double what they cost on the street... but the one positive his establishment offers is that you can pay by credit card over the phone and he'll hold them for you and you won't have to worry about tickets anymore… he’s pretty legit. Plus he has a crap load of tickets to choose from so you could essentially pick your section...

Again, Knoxville craigslist is your friend here... should be plenty available there and of course on location at the game. NOTE: They've cracked down on selling directly outside the stadium but they're sold everywhere else.
UT's#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
thespurr
4-Star

Male

thespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Just go to Calhouns, down a few and then walk down to the stadium for the game. I like Knoxville much better at night, that way you can hit Calhouns for lunch and dinner and stay there all day watching games on TV and then walk down to the stadium, if you are still ambulatory at that point.
I did that last time and that place was just too packed. Plus I like to drink the free beer in my cooler.
thespurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

i posted this in the "going to knoxville" thread but i figured id repost just so more people would know but:

Just a public service announcement:

I just drove home to Chattanooga today from charlotte there are two areas on the route between Columbia and Knoxville that have construction and major traffic (this was on a Sunday afternoon):

the first area where there was construction was on the on ramp from I26 to I40 in Asheville. The traffic was backed up 8 miles or so almost to the Mt. Home/Fletcher exit

the second place was on I40 in Tenn right before I81 and I40 merge and turn towards Knoxville. They are working on the bridge across the French Broad and it is one lane. This was backed up about 10 miles or so.

With all the traffic backed up it probably added around an hour to my travel time. I just wanted people to be aware if they are coming up that way from SC. If you know of some alternate routes you may want to take them or just be aware of the added time.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

There are tix on stubhub for less than face value($59 upper end zone)so I would think that game day tix would be much cheaper
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #11
BeanStringVol
Walk On

Male

BeanStringVol has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
There's a sandy lot up a hill across the street from Calhoun's on the river. It will mostly be occupied by Carolina fans, including myself. PM me if you need further assistance. I live in Maryville, so I'll be glad to help any way I can.
I just posted this in another thread, but this is a great place to tailgate. Especially if you're a visiting fan. This lot is usually 50%+ away team, and the Vol fans there are always very welcoming to visitors. I believe it is only accessible from Main St. in downtown. Take Main St. and then turn on Locust going toward the river. The lot will be on the right before you hit Neyland Drive.

Plus, you are right across the street from Calhouns and go down there for beers, lunch (if you aren't cooking at the car), and to use the bathrooms.

That's my favorite spot to camp out when doing a big tailgate. Just be careful on the "nature trail" to the stadium. It can get a little difficult after hours of adult beverages.
BeanStringVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
I did that last time and that place was just too packed. Plus I like to drink the free beer in my cooler.
That's why it's best to get there early get a seat and stay in it except to go pee.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Tailgating in Knoxville

Quote:
Your cooler has free beer? Where do I get one of those coolers?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Kuhn
Starter

Male

Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Heading up Friday from Florida. Looking forward to it always wanted to go. Looks like Calhouns on the river is where I will be, Here we go. Geaux Cocks!

Kuhn
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Right Here.. usually plenty of Gamecock fans. Awesome view and it's across the street from Calhoun's.
Attached Images