CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
b381l
GabbieM
NinjaSven
kingofnerf
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
Gyle41386
Order 66
So, Dylan Thompson? (5442)
Confused fan here. (3825)
Is anybody still opt (3661)
Here's a terrifying (2643)
Predict the Season ( (2448)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1926)
Could Mike Davis Be (1348)
How were the Aggie f (1222)
David Williams?? (1159)
Will Gameday still c (938)
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Good crowd for volleyball
Step back from the ledge
Is anybody still optimist
So, Dylan Thompson?
Well, there's still women
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Confused fan here. Why i
How were the Aggie fans a
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit
Default We will win the east.

ESPN said so. That means it has to be true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-2?ex_cid=null

Bold prediction: South Carolina will win the SEC East. That means the Gamecocks will need Georgia to lose at least one more conference game, while they win out. It can, and will, happen. Missouri and Florida pose threats, but South Carolina gets Florida at home and Mizzou is down its starting quarterback.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default Re: We will win the east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post

Bold prediction: South Carolina will win the SEC East. That means the Gamecocks will need Georgia to lose at least one more conference game, while they win out. It can, and will, happen.
Edward Aschoff article. I personally put more stock into what SEC blogger Chris Low writes.

Aschoff just assume that Vandy, Florida and/or Auburn will beat UGA. While he may turn out to be right, most who follow SEC football know that UGA will be a much better team when Todd Gurley gets healthy for the Dawgs.

Would jump for joy to see UGA take another L, but Richt seems to always get a favorable break that keeps Carolina from getting to the SECCG.

GO COCKS!!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Is that you SteveWalsh?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You can only control the things you can control and not the things you can't control so you should concentrate and focus your efforts on controlling those things that are under your control instead of wasting effort on trying to control the things you can't control, because attempting to control the things you can't control can often result in loss of control over thing controllable things once focus and energy is taken off of controlling those things.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You can only control the things you can control and not the things you can't control so you should concentrate and focus your efforts on controlling those things that are under your control instead of wasting effort on trying to control the things you can't control, because attempting to control the things you can't control can often result in loss of control over thing controllable things once focus and energy is taken off of controlling those things.
The OP was just quoting the article I think.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Mark Richt has lost control of controlling things he can control
Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Don't control me Bro!

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Gotta beat UT. Gotta beat UT. I know we can win mizzou and UF. But can our defense stop the run at Numbnut Stadium? They do that, and maybe we start to see this defense a little differently.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Don't underestimate control.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
ESPN said so. That means it has to be true.

Bold prediction: South Carolina will win the SEC East. That means the Gamecocks will need Georgia to lose at least one more conference game, while they win out. It can, and will, happen. Missouri and Florida pose threats, but South Carolina gets Florida at home and Mizzou is down its starting quarterback.

First of all...welcome "granny". You seem to be a newcomer who has the passion to hang with these guys. Good posts thus far....and again - welcome.

I hope the ESPN dudes are correct. I think Georgia is banged up enough that they will have another loss. I can see it happening. Missouri is PROBABLY a little bit of a "smoke and mirrors" team so unless they ARE a true Cinderella...I don't see them winning, especially with Franklin out against us.

Being on the road over these next two weeks still concerns me a little...but the closer we get to the Tennessee game this week, the better I'm feeling about winning and maybe winning convincingly. Obviously what is more important than all of these other teams LOSING a game or two...is USC winning out in the SEC games. On the road three straight can be tough for any team but I like that we have a positive vibe going right now and hopefully that TRULY carries over against Tennessee this weekend and there's no let down.

I think Missouri will lose this weekend which puts Florida in the driver's seat and that concerns me, because they are improving each week and I could still see a tossup game when we play them. Being at home and potentially being for all the marbles works for us...although Florida will be motivated as well.

However if we get through the next two weekends unscathed...MAN I like our chances. That's a big IF...but after last Saturday it looks more do-able for certain.

I'd almost rather Missouri WIN this weekend against Florida because I think WE'D take that game more seriously and after we beat them, we'd be in a better position for taking the SEC...with the head to head favoring us.

Of course everything could go squirrely in a hurry if one or teams lose another game or two or if we do, etc. But it sure makes things exciting for today!
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I'm confused.. Has Mark Richt lost control or not?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

You are the hottest granny I've ever seen and you're smart. Dayum!

welcome aboard.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

ESPN hates, oh, wait.....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

We can win out and mizzou only lose to us and Georgia not lose again and we win the east because of a 3 way tie and the highest ranked team goes to Atlanta. This makes the Clemson game a conference game for us essentially. That would be epic but I would rather beat Florida to lock it up.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dabo?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I'm confused.. Has Mark Richt lost control or not?
Mark Richt has lost control of CONTROL, he is now in control of KAOS.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Just gotta stay focus!

Big let down spot at UT. Gotta escape this game with a W somehow someway.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
First of all...welcome "granny". You seem to be a newcomer who has the passion to hang with these guys. Good posts thus far....and again - welcome.

I hope the ESPN dudes are correct. I think Georgia is banged up enough that they will have another loss. I can see it happening. Missouri is PROBABLY a little bit of a "smoke and mirrors" team so unless they ARE a true Cinderella...I don't see them winning, especially with Franklin out against us.

Being on the road over these next two weeks still concerns me a little...but the closer we get to the Tennessee game this week, the better I'm feeling about winning and maybe winning convincingly. Obviously what is more important than all of these other teams LOSING a game or two...is USC winning out in the SEC games. On the road three straight can be tough for any team but I like that we have a positive vibe going right now and hopefully that TRULY carries over against Tennessee this weekend and there's no let down.

I think Missouri will lose this weekend which puts Florida in the driver's seat and that concerns me, because they are improving each week and I could still see a tossup game when we play them. Being at home and potentially being for all the marbles works for us...although Florida will be motivated as well.

However if we get through the next two weekends unscathed...MAN I like our chances. That's a big IF...but after last Saturday it looks more do-able for certain.

I'd almost rather Missouri WIN this weekend against Florida because I think WE'D take that game more seriously and after we beat them, we'd be in a better position for taking the SEC...with the head to head favoring us.

Of course everything could go squirrely in a hurry if one or teams lose another game or two or if we do, etc. But it sure makes things exciting for today!
Thank you. Hang with them? Hell I could probably kick half of em's ass. Lol
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
grannycock
Banned

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
You are the hottest granny I've ever seen and you're smart. Dayum!

welcome aboard.
Thank you, I am a younger, and very recent granny. But damn proud of it.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

G&B, control it son. This is a sports site, not a hook up site! Now on that note, Granny, hit me up at 843-555-1234!!! :)
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote