CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cockypantherfan
roosterdude21
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Thenardier
Spurticus
qcgamecock
GH
eaglegolf018
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1513)
The #AskEmmert Q& (473)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (197)
Peach Bowl name retu (187)
Construction of Worl (152)
Save Electricity By (136)
Stadium Ratings-Site (108)
HELP calculating acr (101)
How Experienced In P (55)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2015 - Davon Durant
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Amazon Fire TV
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudly
Default Decibel Meter at WB?

Saw where Clemson is going to try to break the all time decibel mark in their stadium this weekend. Just wondering has anything like that ever been registered in Williams Brice? If so how high did we get? Go Cocks!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Decibel Meter at WB?

A weighted or C weighted?

FWIW, you can buy a Sound level meter for almost nothing. Weather it's good quality or properly calibrated, that's a different story.

This is stupid. No matter what they do, I'm sure that they will "break the record" because they've never really done this before. Anyway, no matter how loud they get, they'll never be able to get their place swayin'!!!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

They took the idea from the KC Chiefs. Arrowhead stadium has a meter and displayed it on the video board. I think they broke the record for the worlds loudest stadium.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Williams Brice won't ever have the chance Memory Stadium has. Their stadium is nearly straight up which keeps the sound close and together. Our stadium is more leg friendly, so the angle is more outward than upward.

I would say the 05 UF, 10 Bama, or last years UGA game would probably be our loudest games ever.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
They took the idea from the KC Chiefs. Arrowhead stadium has a meter and displayed it on the video board. I think they broke the record for the worlds loudest stadium.
True. Arrowhead hit 137.5 dBa. Yeah an in the process the talking heads called out "death valley".

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...-chiefs-record

Old 10-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Yeah...Clemson is one of those places where a casual cheer can be pretty loud. Not saying WB isn't loud, because it can be plenty loud, but the way Death Valley is designed makes it a noise pit.

That being said....at our best, we are just as loud as that place is.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Lonnie
Band

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Yeah...Clemson is one of those places where a casual cheer can be pretty loud. Not saying WB isn't loud, because it can be plenty loud, but the way Death Valley is designed makes it a noise pit.

That being said....at our best, we are just as loud as that place is.
They should take the reading in the 4th quarter when "there's orange in the parking lot!!!"

Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

hopefully it's louder than the screams of the molested sheep

oops, should have been in smack...mods please delete if needed.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

I wish we had a "like" button on cockytalk. Some of y'all make me laugh a ton.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I was at 10 Bama and last year UGA.
I thought 09 Ole Miss was louder.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

I've been to 2 games at cLLLLemson and while they were loud they weren't anything special. I have regularly heard our stadium get louder than anything I experienced there.

IMO, the 2001 Florida game is the loudest I've ever heard it. At least in the first quarter that is.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I was at 10 Bama and last year UGA.
I thought 09 Ole Miss was louder.
That Ole Miss game was crazy. I will say this, you can only compare the games if you sat in the same seat. I've been all over our stadium for games, and it can sound different at each spot. The Bama game we won 37-35 back in the early 2000's was nuts also. I was young but I remember the stadium going nuts during the "Rodney, Rodney" Clemson game years ago.

btw,
Is there anyway I can get cockytalk to stop capitalizing the "C" in Clemson? I hate even capitalizing their name!
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Williams Brice won't ever have the chance Memory Stadium has. Their stadium is nearly straight up which keeps the sound close and together. Our stadium is more leg friendly, so the angle is more outward than upward.

I would say the 05 UF, 10 Bama, or last years UGA game would probably be our loudest games ever.
I can vouch for Bama '10 and UGA last year and WB was going insane! Definitely the two loudest games I've been to with the Clem game from '11 as 3rd.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #14
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Nothing but a gimmick for the Taters and $100 says they "break" the record.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
rivenest1
Walk On

Male

rivenest1 has hatched from the shell

Seattle Seahawks own the world record they broke it this year against the 49ers
rivenest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #16
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote from Mike Leach in his book "Swing Your Sword."

"In my opinion,the loudest place on earth is the closed end zone at South Carolina.The distance from the back of that end zone to the crowd is about the length of your arm,and the stands go straight up. It's just this wall of people.The stadium overall isn't as loud, but that spot at Williams - Brice Stadium is like nothing else in college football. It's just sheer noise."
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
usc4lyf
Recruit

Male

usc4lyf is learning to peckusc4lyf is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
I was just about to say that. You know they can't come up with their own ideas.
usc4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivenest1 View Post
Seattle Seahawks own the world record they broke it this year against the 49ers

Kansas City just broke it last weekend. See post above.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

my buddy had to interview a couple football players for his class. They all said the loudest stadium they played in last year was in Death Valley by far. One of the toughest SEC environments for sure
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #20
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 84706
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

San Antonio Spurs have been doing the decimal meter thing since the '80s and break the record often. Nobody cares anymore.

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote