CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
5lbYardcock
The Vent and Coachin (8070)
Disturbing comments (3166)
2015 schedule is bru (2389)
UF lets Durkin go (2109)
2015 Early Enrollees (1667)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1100)
SOS...a day late &am (1083)
The U ends apparel d (724)
Bobo to Colorado St? (707)
Keeping it all in pe (389)
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Defensive Line's toughest challenge is this week

Deke's guys have got to come to play this weekend. They must be active and get a push. If they can get Justin Worley moving around a little bit, I think they can rattle him enough to get him to make some bad throws but if he gets to do what Tyler Bray did to us (twice) and sit on his spot the entire game and throw the football, we are in for a long afternoon.

This is hands down the toughest matchup for our guys this year and I'm a little worried. Juwaun James and Tiny Richardson are good enough to make Clowney work for every by themselves. There won't be much help for those guys it appears so first and foremost he (Clowney) has got to DOMINATE.

Misdirection is also going to be an issue.

To me, this is the matchup that'll determine the outcome of the game.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: Defensive Line's toughest challenge is this week

I know gut feeling doesnt amount to anything tangible, but I have a feeling that Clowney shows up on the stat sheet this week. I think the DL recognizes this week as one of their biggest challenges, and I think they'll rise to the occasion. Just a wait and see kind of thing.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I agree. Their OL is probably the best we will face this year. And our DL has been anything but dominant. They have to somehow find a way to get pressure this week. I think we will have to blitz because we just don't get in the backfield enough.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
crockcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I agree. Their OL is probably the best we will face this year. And our DL has been anything but dominant. They have to somehow find a way to get pressure this week. I think we will have to blitz because we just don't get in the backfield enough.
I agree with the blitzing but.....Tenn is going to try and do what UGA did...run it down our throats....control the clock. Hopefully, we will get some stops and their stragey will back fire on them..
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Yep, win the battle in the trenches and you win this game.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
PageUSC

Male

PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockcock View Post
I agree with the blitzing but.....Tenn is going to try and do what UGA did...run it down our throats....control the clock. Hopefully, we will get some stops and their stragey will back fire on them..
They're gonna sling it around too and take shots on our secondary. Recipe to beat our team is block our DL, double Clowney(UT might not have to double him) and beat our zone coverage which has been horrible. They will try to do this and get the ball to Pig in space
Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
They're gonna sling it around too and take shots on our secondary. Recipe to beat our team is block our DL, double Clowney(UT might not have to double him) and beat our zone coverage which has been horrible. They will try to do this and get the ball to Pig in space

I totally agree..
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming inU-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming in

We should find out if Ark is just that bad or if our defense is starting to come around. It's the time of season where if we are going to get better on defense it should start showing.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

If they couldn't defeat a desimated GA team then they aren't going to beat a Garnet hot Shaw-Davis-Clowney-Victor led Gamecock team. I don't see it. We lose this we will have beaten ourselves by either not showing up, not taking serious, mistake laden game. And them getting every break known to football.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Has our defense turned the corner or did Arkansas just not show up? I see both Tennessee and Arkansas offenses as pretty equal except with the o-line. Same goes for there defense but home field could play a big part in this game. I really believe that this game will truly show us what we can expect from our team down the stretch.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Playing in the afternoon will be in our advantage especially in Knoxville.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Before the season all we heard was that Deke was going to let our guys play wide open. Attack hard and get in the back field. That was suppose to be the difference between him and Lawing. Yet 6 games in to the season, it's been the complete opposite! What's the deal with this? Is it because our LB play is just that bad that we can't afford to let our Dline rush the backfield and get knocked out of the play? Are the guys on the line this yr just not performing the way they should?
The question is this: Will the refs call holding on UT when blocking Clowney??? He gets held all the time, yet they rarely flag anyone against him. UT may have great tackles, but they aren't a match for a Clowney that is motivated to play. He wouldn't be a sure lock as a number 1 pick if guys on the college level can just handle him that easily.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
crockcock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Has our defense turned the corner or did Arkansas just not show up? I see both Tennessee and Arkansas offenses as pretty equal except with the o-line. Same goes for there defense but home field could play a big part in this game. I really believe that this game will truly show us what we can expect from our team down the stretch.
Unfortuntley, I just think Ark was that bad...especially at QB. Our boys played hard and better but it was mostly I think how bad they were.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I agree.
Our interior linemen are going to have to have a big game.
The OT will be one-on-one with Sutton and Clowney, that should free up Kelcy, J.T., Gerald and Philip to have good days.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'd love to see us stunt, move Clowney around and mix in a few new blitz packages. I think we can rattle Worley if we disguise some blitzes and move where the pressure's coming from.

Unfortunately, other that adding some blitzes, we really don't do a lot of movement on the D-line. Have no idea why.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Gotta try and stop some drives and hope our offense can stay on the field. Our offense has been saving our defense this year....was the other way around most of '11.
Would help to get a lead and force them into passing...we might be able to get some sacks or picks.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I agree.
The OT will be one-on-one with Sutton and Clowney, that should free up Kelcy, J.T., Gerald and Philip to have good days.
Might be without JT Surratt
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #18
UTVOLS
Vols, Butch!

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I agree.
Bullard and Fulton aren't chumps. Fulton will get himself drafted. I anything, blitzing your LBs would really create some problems for Worley.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
poke
Walk On

Male

poke is learning to peckpoke is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'd love to see us stunt, move Clowney around and mix in a few new blitz packages. I think we can rattle Worley if we disguise some blitzes and move where the pressure's coming from.

Unfortunately, other that adding some blitzes, we really don't do a lot of movement on the D-line. Have no idea why.
My question all year!!! Why don't we get more creative in moving our DL around a little....??? We don't even do much shifting pre snap. That's a sime wrinkle we rarely do but did frequently prior to Deke. I'm not a Deke fan I guess it's easy to see.....
poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
fridayserv
4-Star

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Tenn has one of the best Olines in the SEC. The key will be numbers on the line. To help Clowney we must do like Oregon, Georgia to shut down the run. When they have 7 on the Oline we have 6 on the Dline. Second Last year the soft zone did not work. Put our DBs in tight. Lastly, put clowney over center.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote