CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
peterlemon
ktguen
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2514)
Morris to SMU (1858)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1237)
Carolina on a Walmar (688)
Game simulation (537)
Penniless: Creed's S (334)
Strategy First Steam (251)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans (152)
Origin Sale Too (140)
Morris to SMU
2017 - Savales Cann
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Clemson fans
Have we been favored in e
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso

Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation Call of Duty Ghosts

Not sure where the original thread went, but here's a new multiplayer video

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Call of Duty Ghosts

Sick
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

There doesn't seem to be much hype for this one at all. By now we usually know a lot more about multiplayer and have seen a good bit of in-game footage. I think the last two games have really killed the COD hype a good bit.

I am still getting it buy would like to know a bit more about the game before it comes out.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Devs started getting lazy, it seems like to me with the last few...look at COD like I look at NCAA games lately.
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
DabosWeenie
Walk On

Male

DabosWeenie has hatched from the shell

I was actually about to make the exact same comparison...points to you. COD is the new college football. But as long as people go all goo-goo for it, they'll keep churning out the crap.
DabosWeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabosWeenie View Post
I was actually about to make the exact same comparison...points to you. COD is the new college football. But as long as people go all goo-goo for it, they'll keep churning out the crap.
Unfortunately, I think you are right on. I stopped playing NCAA because it just got repetitive.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I don't think COD has got as bad as NCAA just yet. COD at least tries to introduce new things to the game each time. Sometimes these new things just don't work though and has turned a lot of people off from the franchise. Each games plays a lot different from the previous, meaning that I can definitely tell when I play MW3 vs playing BO2. NCAA still feels like the exact same game year in and year out with only the player ratings changing for the most part.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Devs started getting lazy, it seems like to me with the last few...look at COD like I look at NCAA games lately.
When the developer has owners/head guys leaving and suing and the game gets picked up middevelopement and pushed to a Nov release ... that tends to happen.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

The devs are the laziest in the business.. they have so much money yet spend so little on the games. For example, they have been using an ancient engine (hasn't changed since COD 2... not MW2, but 2..). It's pathetic. Rockstar is an example of a company that also has tons of money, yet puts a ton into their games and it shows in comparison
Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
There doesn't seem to be much hype for this one at all. By now we usually know a lot more about multiplayer and have seen a good bit of in-game footage. I think the last two games have really killed the COD hype a good bit.

I am still getting it buy would like to know a bit more about the game before it comes out.
I was thinking the same thing the other day when I saw the commercial for it. By now, you're usually seeing TONS of commercials and there's just a huge buzz about it. I wonder if the new platforms coming out is taking some of that hype away. Everyone's talking about the consoles instead of actual games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I don't think COD has got as bad as NCAA just yet. COD at least tries to introduce new things to the game each time. Sometimes these new things just don't work though and has turned a lot of people off from the franchise. Each games plays a lot different from the previous, meaning that I can definitely tell when I play MW3 vs playing BO2. NCAA still feels like the exact same game year in and year out with only the player ratings changing for the most part.
Agreed here too ... exact that NCAA is the same game. This year they made a huge improvement ... too bad it's the last.

As for COD, it's a FPS ... what else do people want with it? The graphics continue to get better, but the gameplay is always going to be the same ... you're going to be a player trying to shoot another ... nothing to change there.

I will say after watching the above video, it seems they've added destructable enviroments to the multiplayer game. That in itself should be interesting to see how it will play.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Battlefield 4 ftw
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
The devs are the laziest in the business.. they have so much money yet spend so little on the games. For example, they have been using an ancient engine (hasn't changed since COD 2... not MW2, but 2..). It's pathetic. Rockstar is an example of a company that also has tons of money, yet puts a ton into their games and it shows in comparison

Really? You compare a franchise that used ground breaking facial movements in the most recent installment to a franchise that still looks like The Simpsons color wise?

Lets get this straight, you protest NCAA and now also COD? Dang, you're just too cool for school aren't you.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Also with BF4 releasing so close to CoD. BF4 is really impressive and they actually make changes. It is more combat sim (though not like ARMA) then CoD's "jump in, die, respawn, die again."

Also the classes mean something in BF4, you can actually be a sniper and do sniper stuff instead of the close combat quick scoping of CoD. Not to mention the vehicles.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Hmm. What are we going PS3 guys? I'm thinking I might get BF4, but you've GOT to have friendlies to play with on that one.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Both FTW!!! but actually im a huge IW fan... they tend make a way better game than Treyarc
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #16
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Each year now I don't even call it the "New Call of Duty," I just ask people if they got the new map packs and if the game is any different. It is still a fun game if you want a very casual pick up and play experience, but do not be fooled it is almost the same game every year. I would definitely go with BF4. Even the BETA for Bf4 was amazing and it had a lot of issues and bugs like all betas.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Idk if this game will be any good
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Also with BF4 releasing so close to CoD. BF4 is really impressive and they actually make changes. It is more combat sim (though not like ARMA) then CoD's "jump in, die, respawn, die again."

Also the classes mean something in BF4, you can actually be a sniper and do sniper stuff instead of the close combat quick scoping of CoD. Not to mention the vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Hmm. What are we going PS3 guys? I'm thinking I might get BF4, but you've GOT to have friendlies to play with on that one.

It still baffles me that people go in a Call of Duty thread ... to talk about how great Battlefield is ...

Here, I'll help.

Step 1. Sign into CockyTalk
Step 2. Scroll down to iCocky
Step 3. Click on iCocky tab
Step 4. Look for thread about Battlefield 4
Step 5a. If thread exists, post it in your love for Battlefield 4
Step 5b. If no thread exists, scroll to "New Thread" tab
Step 6. Click on "New Thread" tab
Step 7. Title the thread "Battlefield 4 Discussions"
Step 8. Fill the large box with text about all things Battlefield 4
Step 9. Scroll down to "Submit Thread" tab
Step 10. Click on "Submit Thread" tab
Step 11. Stop being a douche.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #19
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknit View Post
Each year now I don't even call it the "New Call of Duty," I just ask people if they got the new map packs and if the game is any different. It is still a fun game if you want a very casual pick up and play experience, but do not be fooled it is almost the same game every year. I would definitely go with BF4. Even the BETA for Bf4 was amazing and it had a lot of issues and bugs like all betas.
I just wish they'd fix te sniping on BT4
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Wow, in the time it takes me to type a response ... 2 more come in with their love affair of Battlefield ... amazing.