CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Lonnie
B-G
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
Why is everyone anti (2237)
Busta out indefinite (1246)
How did we not make (1209)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Miss St. defense (1060)
Just thought of some (1056)
SOS says his next st (883)
Our Road Upset Wins (775)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (692)
Busta out indefinitely.
To ANYONE complaining abo
Michael Sams done in Dall
No easy road for our offe
Our Road Upset Wins
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Miss St. defense
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat

Old 10-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit
Default ESPN Poll

Which team will win the SEC East?

20%
Missouri (2-0)
37%
South Carolina (3-1)
13%
Florida (3-1)
28%
Georgia (3-1)
2%
Another team
(Total votes: 8,434)

+

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/college-football/
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: ESPN Poll

I know bleacher report isn't as reliable (and not well liked on here) but they had a poll a few days ago asking the same ?and we had the most votes...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Everyone at ESPN and every major sports site is jumping on our bandwagon this week. One game at a time.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Don't pay the Ferry Man, till he gets you to the other side ! Go Cocks !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Everyone at ESPN and every major sports site is jumping on our bandwagon this week. One game at a time.
It could be because the Arky win was what we and most of the country expected from us all year. We may have come to life at the most perfect time. I know I was expecting games like this from the beginning, not jumping out to big leads only to have to hang on for dear life. This is what I expected from the start of the season, and I really feel like we have turned the old proverbial corner, and will be a total bitch for any team in the country to beat right now. Or I could be totally wrong, this weekend should tell us more. God I hope I'm right though.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I am taking it one week at a time.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Don't pay the Ferry Man, till he gets you to the other side ! Go Cocks !
one game at a time
Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #8
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Carolina 59 Tennessee 24.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 28459
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Carolina 59 Tennessee 24.
Would LOVE to see this, along with the fact that "reserves" played the entire 4th quarter!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

It's easy for everyone to like us now that UGA is having the injuries they're having. I think it's going to cost them another game or two as well, but it's not like everybody thinks we're giant killers now. They're just saying UGA is going to fall a couple of times because of it.

Which, I'm ok with backing into it like they did the past 2 years too.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

fact is we ARE the most balanced offensive team in the SEC E. However, the defense has to continue to improve or we will lose another one
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Tater_Hater
Write that down

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Tater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his combTater_Hater is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
It's easy for everyone to like us now that UGA is having the injuries they're having. I think it's going to cost them another game or two as well, but it's not like everybody thinks we're giant killers now. They're just saying UGA is going to fall a couple of times because of it.

Agreed. Unfortunately for them and FL, their seasons took a turn for the worse with injuries. Missouri is undefeated, but aside from a decimated UGA team, they haven't played anyone this year. I see them as a second half flop. We just have to stay on target and take it a game at a time.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
The last time was last year when we were ranked No.5 and headed to LSU. I don't like it when we are played up before a game. It never seems to end up well. I would rather just fly under the radar until the end of the season. Thats not going to happen.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons

We have a GREAT shot at the East with Missouri beating Georgia last weekend, and us getting our first in AT Arkansas since 2005. But we are far from having the SEC East locked up! If Georgia was to get Gurley back they could truck it on to Atlanta yet! I believe we have a solid, solid shot at the SEC EAST. But we can't lose ANY of our next FOUR games! We must beat Tennessee up on rocky top, we MUST travel to Columbia, Mo and knock off a 6-1 or 7-0 Missouri team, we must avoid a let down to Mississippi State, and we must slay Florida. And Georgia has to lose one more conference game. I believe we can do it! I believe Georgia will probably lose again. But it's not guaranteed they will, and A LOT can happen in four SEC Games! Let's keep our eye on the prize, but first and foremost, BEAT Tennessee and than get ready for Missouri's best shot!!
Carolinafan8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #15
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

One game at a time...got it!
Whew...thought I was getting ahead of myself.

Last edited by Travelin; 10-17-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: nearly got ahead of myself
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Amazing how a few weeks back, people were ready to slit their wrists, saying we had no chance........

The season is a marathon....... not a sprint!

It is difficult for any team...... even the best team...... to navigate the SEC without a loss........

My biggest concern is that at times in the last few years, we have not handled success very well...... and with a young team, road games are always a challenge!

We need to be able to handle adversity, be resilient when things don't go as planned......

The good thing though....... our offense has the ability to to do some special things this year....... and when clicking on all cylinders, is virtually unstoppable!
If we can stay injury free on offense, it will be interesting to see just how good our offense can be!

I will say, after the TD pass to Byrd last week, that was as giddy as I believe I have ever seen SOS....... he lives for those ball plays that work!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

We're leading a poll on ESPN? But I thought they hated us and would rig the votes against us...
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

Yep, I think it's only fitting that we return the favor for the last two years. I'll take it any way we can get it.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

I want to know what the two percent that think it will be another team than what is listed is smoking. And I don't want any. They might be face-eaters.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material