CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
Storm Of Spurs
talkincock
doubledribble
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
**USC vs. South Alab (18448)
Clemson (2350)
Drew Owens missing? (2262)
Question about after (1865)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1209)
Shaq Roland (1168)
FishFry 47-yarder (684)
clemson game time: N (653)
How about this scena (530)
Tenn-Mizzou game (346)
Clemson fan here
Clemson
Question about after the
Winston
Tenn-Mizzou game
Drew Owens missing?
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
what I think ab ward
2014 Charleston Classic *
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa

Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
COCK-N-ROLL
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
COCK-N-ROLL is learning to peckCOCK-N-ROLL is learning to peck
Default VOLS PRACTICE...

hmmm... i dont get it. when i played ball, we didnt have a dj get on mic and pump us up by exploiting our opponents weaknesses and strengths. we watched film and played the best we could. this practice video motivates and pisses me off at the same time lol. do we practice like this? loud music and dj's/announcers? i just dont see spurrier letting our guys practice like this.

COCK-N-ROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #2
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default VOLS PRACTICE...

I like it! It wouldn't go well with spurrier though.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
COCK-N-ROLL
Banned

Male

COCK-N-ROLL is learning to peckCOCK-N-ROLL is learning to peck
Default Re: VOLS PRACTICE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I like it! It wouldn't go well with spurrier though.
i would be pissed off at practice lol. all i heard was rap. i would want to practice to Slayer and Cannibal Corpse blasting across the field!

you play this kind of music during practice, i dont see how these guys wouldn't leave the field half the team with season ending injuries!!!

COCK-N-ROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #4
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

hype man, music, encouragement... that was fun and all that, but WHOA...

if the coach is giving that much time for his WR to catch and turn before jarring them with a pad then that is a sh!thouse practice!! I hope our practices feel more like a game than that... OMG was that SLOOOOW... I pray that video was a real representation of their practice regime...
Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #5
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPit

Hope Skai knows they are coming for him.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCK-N-ROLL View Post
hmmm... i dont get it. when i played ball, we didnt have a dj get on mic and pump us up by exploiting our opponents weaknesses and strengths. we watched film and played the best we could. this practice video motivates and pisses me off at the same time lol. do we practice like this? loud music and dj's/announcers? i just dont see spurrier letting our guys practice like this.

I am totally impressed! Maybe because it is 645am in the morning and the first thing I look at....but my gosh I am so impressed with the pace, vibe, intensity of what I saw..
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Quote:

Dude, I think it is a great idea to pump the music into practice....good vibe, good pace, not some boring ass grind everyday practice.

The younger generation likes it....deal with it. Our old asses need to get with it or be left behind....
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
Hope Skai knows they are coming for him.
He will be ready for them now.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:

Should make Skai play well this weekend...

Otherwise not much to see here. I DID think that the LONG delayed pan of the players asses was a little uncomfortable as the cameraman must have had a little man crush going on.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post

Funny but when I first say this I IMMEDIATELY though of Damiere Byrd!
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

When your practice whips you into a frenzy everyday, by gameday you have probably spent a lot of energy and it could be a let down in comparision. You want to peak on gameday, not during the week at practice....JMO.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Just based off the size of the field and how they are going about things, I'm thinking this isn't part of their normal practice...maybe something they do on a certain day or during a certain part of practice like a scrimmage or at the end of practice.

Honestly though, if we had that and produced wins... would it matter? Do I think it does anything... nah.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #14
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

actually alot of teams now a days including us play music during a teams stretch and warm-ups
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

This isn't anything new. I haven't heard DJ's talking about the other team, but I've seen a lot with DJs and what not.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Butch usually walks around with a microphone so everyone can hear him. That wasn't a dj talking that was the coach.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #17
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I'm pretty sure we play a little music during warmups.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Funny but when I first say this I IMMEDIATELY though of Damiere Byrd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #19
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockcock View Post
The younger generation likes it....deal with it. Our old asses need to get with it or be left behind....
Exactly.

Loads of schools have been doing this for years. Chip Kelly brought this type of thing to the Eagles.

You either move forward or fall behind.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I'm pretty sure we play a little music during warmups.
We've been playing loud music during warmups at our Spring and Fall
practices for two years. We don't do Rap / Hip Hop all the time though.
They change it each practice. Heavy Rock, Rap, Country, etc... There's
no live or recorded DJ (thank god!), but this is nothing new to our practices.
I'm guessing they still do it even though the practices aren't open to the
public. I'm assuming music during warmups / stretching is part of our
normal practice routine.