CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (826)
Call of Duty: Advanc (523)
Good Riddance to bad (456)
Keeping tailgate foo (316)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (288)
Bashing Players, coa (213)
An A to Z of Noah We (207)
The Comeback & T (206)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (97)
Wallpaper & Back (97)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 10-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly
Default If the Vols try to block Clowney 1on1 with Tiny

I think Clowney is going to have a very big game.. He has been double teamed and triple teamed all year long and has been waiting for someone to have the balls to go up against him 1on1...
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: If the Vols try to block Clowney 1on1 with Tiny

They went 1 on 1 with him a lot last year too.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

Clowney has gained 25 pounds of pure muscle and Tiny has lost 20 pounds... They both are not the same players that they were a year ago, nor are they in the same state of mind either.. I think Clowney is starting to doubt himself a little and he will play every snap like his hair is on fire because he feels he has something to prove, not only to himself, but to every one else as well.. Last year that is exactly how Tiny went into the game thinking and he got the best of Clowney for the most part.. Think about this, Clowney has been getting after it every single snap he has taken this year, only to be ran away from or be double & triple teamed all year long.. He blew past and worked through the triple team arky had on him a couple times, but he was so quick in the backfield he took his self out the play most of the time... All year long he has been working against two or three guys, so I think if they try to contain him with only one man, he is gonna light it up like a christmas tree...

Last edited by cockyness11; 10-17-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
I think Clowney is going to have a very big game.. He has been double teamed and triple teamed all year long and has been waiting for someone to have the balls to go up against him 1on1...
This could be a huge game for JD. If the Vols do decide to let Richardson take him on alone and he goes off it could shut the doubters up once and for all.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material
Default If the Vols try to block Clowney 1on1 with Tiny

IF ut only goes 1 on 1 against Clowney, that first defensive series may be all we need to "jump on them early" n take that crowd out of the game! Especially, if we have first possession and take it in for a TD!! Wishful thinking, maybe, but this would be about the best possible scenario for us to be up by 14 when ut begins their second possession!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

If they do and he gets handled Clowney would be getting handled by the 3rd best LT in the conference and 4th in the nation

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

If their plan all week was to block him 1 on 1 and it blows up in their face the first series, then I think it will put a dent into their offensive scheme and it might take them a couple more series to get a different type of approach that works for them... Although I am sure they will have a plan B intact as well, it will still give us an upper hand on them..
Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

If this is the same kid that Clowney went up against last year, I have nothing but respect for him. He did a hell of a job last year. He looked like he had fought Mohammed Ali by the games end, but he was a tough kid.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Will be real interesting to see which route they choose to go. I'm thinking either way, seeing all that ugly ass urange is gonna have JD as mad as a Bull and ready to tear it up.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
The_General
Walk On

Male

The_General has hatched from the shell

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA9ekS...%3D_xA9ekSzrQ4
The_General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Honestly, I don't see Clowney doing a lot more in this game than he has in any game thus far. That tackle will probably keep him in check again. With the exception of a couple of plays late in that game last year, Clowney was handled by UT.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Has anybody told Clowney that Melvin had 6 sacks at Neyland Stadium.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
That was one play AND Clowney was doubled. BTW, who made the "game saving" play later in that drive?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

The kid performed as well as anyone against clowney last yuear aside from 1 or 2 plays...which affected the outcome.

I swear, fandom makes people blind.
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
The_General
Walk On

Male

The_General has hatched from the shell

He was kept in check the whole game. I have to admit he made the play when it counted and props to him for that, but one would have to be in denial to say tiny didn't block him well 1 on 1. Clowney is a great player. I just think he will be kept in check.
The_General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
The kid performed as well as anyone against clowney last yuear aside from 1 or 2 plays...which affected the outcome.

I swear, fandom makes people blind.
Richardson and Lewan went toe to toe with Jadeveon last season and held their own. I think that Clowney has even publicly said that Tiny was the best tackle he has went up against. Nonetheless, when the game was on the line late AND a defensive stop was needed, Jadeveon made it! I think this matchup will be exciting to watch and one that we all can use to see if Jadeveon has improved and has his heart in the game!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
UT's#1Fan
Walk On

Male

UT's#1Fan is learning to peckUT's#1Fan is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
That was one play AND Clowney was doubled. BTW, who made the "game saving" play later in that drive?

that was one play and Bray stepped into Clowney... see how we could go round and round?

Bottom line is Tiny MORE THAN held his own agaist Clowney last year... that's a given... This year could be different... IMO Tiny played better last year... he's given up a few sacks this year and has had several false start penalties.

Personally I think Clowney has the edge... he's searching for that breakout game and sadly, Tennessee has perfected the art of allowing players in need of a breakout game to have a big game.
UT's#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
He was kept in check the whole game. I have to admit he made the play when it counted and props to him for that, but one would have to be in denial to say tiny didn't block him well 1 on 1. Clowney is a great player. I just think he will be kept in check.

Good luck with that, we will see if you are back on Sunday...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 400
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

They did it with him last year. UT will be just fine if they let Tiny block Clowney alone, but Tiny is going to have to play better. He hasn't exactly been impressive this season. Of course, neither has Clowney.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote