CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
smoovecock
usc1
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (841)
Spurrier vs Saban (770)
Kansas to invest $75 (745)
When does fall pract (721)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (265)
An Air Algerie Fligh (264)
Anyone Switching to (253)
Expect A Healthy Dos (229)
Darth Vader 'Vette (182)
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off
Coach's media golf press
Gamecock Showcase Attende
college football match up

Old 10-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Volleyman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Volleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spurs
Default Why Gamecocks are my second favorite team

Vol here coming in peace.
Here's why ur my second favorite:
Luv ur open when Cocky comes outta the box
Luv ur fight song
Luv ur incredibly loyal fan base thru thick and thin
Luv ur cock-a-booses - great place to tailgate.
Luv how u call Clemson "taters" - even though I don't know what that means?

For those traveling to Knox, have a safe and happy trip.
Think u guys will win comfortably - we really struggle with mobile qbs and our offense is still short on playmakers. Not poor mouthing but Butch just doesn't have the horses just yet to compete with upper echelon teams. Go Vols! Go Cocks!
Volleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit
Default Re: Why Gamecocks are my second favorite team

welcome to our site. hope youre right about your prediction
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volleyman View Post
Luv how u call Clemson "taters" - even though I don't know what that means?
IPTAY is clemson's fund raising club for athletics...it stands to a variety of things including...

It's Probation Time Again Y'all

I Pay Two Athletes Yearly

and

I Plant Taters All Year...

There are many others, but the last one is where their nickname 'taters' comes from.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Welcome V-Man. Pretty cool place you got there in TN to throw a football party. Always love going to Calhouns on the river there before and after the game.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Volleyman
Walk On

Male

Volleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spursVolleyman has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
IPTAY is clemson's fund raising club for athletics...it stands to a variety of things including...

and

There are many others, but the last one is where their nickname 'taters' comes from.
Those are great. I did know that IPTAY stood for I pay ten thousand a year.
But, the " I plant taters all year" is classic. Will now think of that every time I see an IPTAY sticker on a car....lol
Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

The UT fans I've met through the years aren't toothless hillbillies but really friendly, respectable people. I had a blast up there in '07 other than the overtime loss of course. Weather and scenery were beautiful and stayed in one of those log cabin rentals with a hot tub. Tailgated with many UT fans and enjoyed their company.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I've lived long enough for a Vol fan to come on our board and genuflect.

Hot damn.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
Volleyman
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
The UT fans I've met through the years aren't toothless hillbillies but really friendly, respectable people. I had a blast up there in '07 other than the overtime loss of course. Weather and scenery were beautiful and stayed in one of those log cabin rentals with a hot tub. Tailgated with many UT fans and enjoyed their company.
I always tell visiting fans that want to tailgate with Vol fans to go down to the river where the Vol Navy boats are docked. Yell out that you want to learn the words to Rocky Top. I guarantee you will be asked to come aboard and get plenty of free food and drink. I had some great free BBQ in Columbia before a game once. One of the reasons that SEC football is so awesome!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:

and

Uummm ... that's not where that term came from.

When IPTAY was first started, people were allowed to "pay" with different things. One of those things were potatoes. There were multiple people that paid their fees in "taters" thus the nickname.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I Plant Ten Acres Yearly

I Plow Ten Acres Yearly

I Pay Tiger Athletes Yearly

I Plant Taters And Yams
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I always heard I Pay Tons A Year.

Huh.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

I always thought tater was just making fun of tigers ..hmm
Old 10-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volleyman View Post
Those are great. I did know that IPTAY stood for I pay ten thousand a year.
But, the " I plant taters all year" is classic. Will now think of that every time I see an IPTAY sticker on a car....lol
Long ago it was

I Pay Ten A Year

as in $10 but sometimes people used a variety of things, including potatoes.

Screw Clemson
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Uummm ... that's not where that term came from.

When IPTAY was first started, people were allowed to "pay" with different things. One of those things were potatoes. There were multiple people that paid their fees in "taters" thus the nickname.
Are you serious?

If you are, and you are Cack so it is safe to assume that you are, then I had never heard of that one before. I guess that, "I Plant Taters All Year" comes from that too.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I Plant Taters and Yams

Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
F4rpoole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 9885
F4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
Long ago it was

I Pay Ten A Year

as in $10 but sometimes people used a variety of things, including potatoes.

Screw Clemson
Imabeastonu is correct it started out as "I Pay Ten A Year". As much as I hate clemson; it was marketing genius. It raised tons of money for clemson in the seventy's because they convinced their fan base to give money to the school even if they were not buying tickets. Then if my memory serves me correct, sometime around 1980 they raised it to "I Pay Twenty A Year". Then again, sometime in the mid-eighties they started raising the amount regularly but kept the original name. Unfortunately, as far as college fund raising goes IPTAY may be #1 all-time.
GO COCKS - we always said it stood for "I Pick Taters All Year"

Last edited by F4rpoole; 10-17-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Add a comment and spelling
F4rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #17
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Are you serious?

If you are, and you are Cack so it is safe to assume that you are, then I had never heard of that one before. I guess that, "I Plant Taters All Year" comes from that too.

whoa, whoa, whoa.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I Plant Ten Acres Yearly

I Plow Ten Acres Yearly

I Pay Tiger Athletes Yearly

I Plant Taters And Yams

I Pleasured Two Animals Yesterday
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #19
F4rpoole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 9885
F4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I Pleasured Two Animals Yesterday
JaxcockFL, that is the best one I have ever heard. Man!!! I wish I would have thought of that back in the seventies when I was in High School considering how bad the "I Pick Taters All Year" used to piss off them off.

Also, back then they had a hard time buy clothing in "orange" so the clemson fans used to take white painters overalls and hats and die them orange and that is how Mr. Knickerbackers got their start. They looked so stupid in the overalls we used to call them "orange idiots".
F4rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #20
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Welcome! I wouldn't say Tennessee is a favorite team of mine but I don't hate them like I do most of the other east teams. Only been to Knoxville once and we got our butt kicked, but I still had fun!
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote