CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
trapper82
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
StormOfTalons
nodnahs
Spurrier: Davis May (2647)
TAMU Starting CB Out (2607)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1843)
Clowney possibly hur (1302)
Your SEC Standings P (1278)
an apology (1227)
Our players and the (965)
Favorite Gamecock of (700)
Clowney leaves pract (606)
This helmit is aweso (569)
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
How are we feeling about
New Sign at Williams Bric
FIFA 15 - PC
Connor Shaw Browns
Every Day Should Be Satur
TAMU Starting CB Out For
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Your SEC Standings Predic
***2014 Carolina Panthers

Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell
Default Clowney back on track this weekend...?

This really COULD be the "back on track" game for JD. Tennessee QB Justin Worley was Clowneys high school "b**ch" ... He played at Northwestern I believe? same region and stadium as Clowney and rivals... I saw the 2 play against each other their senior year and.... Worley is one QB that can't say he isn't afraid of Clowney. I'm ready for this match up if Clowney can figure the kid out across from him.
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: Clowney back on track this weekend...?

Tbh he was back last week as far as the effort standpoint. I know people want to troll him about his stat sheet but to say he didn't try is simply foolish.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Clowney was a force last week. That was the first game all year he looked like he was having fun out there. He almost looked stressed out prior to last week.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Tbh he was back last week as far as the effort standpoint. I know people want to troll him about his stat sheet but to say he didn't try is simply foolish.
The OP never said he didn't try.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Clowney was a force last week.
Yup...he plays like that the rest of the season and he's going to do some damage.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoleCOCK3521 View Post
This really COULD be the "back on track" game for JD. Tennessee QB Justin Worley was Clowneys high school "b**ch" ... He played at Northwestern I believe? same region and stadium as Clowney and rivals... I saw the 2 play against each other their senior year and.... Worley is one QB that can't say he isn't afraid of Clowney. I'm ready for this match up if Clowney can figure the kid out across from him.
Nope. I think we've seen what we're going to see from JC this season. He might have a few more sacks, but what you see is what you get. Not bashing him, but teams are not gonna let up scheming for him.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Nope. I think we've seen what we're going to see from JC this season. He might have a few more sacks, but what you see is what you get. Not bashing him, but teams are not gonna let up scheming for him.
If Ward tweaks the scheme, a couple of players start having more of an impact, and Clowney keeps giving it his all, teams will either have to adjust and take their chances with Clowney making plays or get beat 52-7!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

how old are you.....

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
If Ward tweaks the scheme, a couple of players start having more of an impact, and Clowney keeps giving it his all, teams will either have to adjust and take their chances with Clowney making plays or get beat 52-7!
I think that's a good point, IF Ward starts moving him around, adjusting for the double and triple teams. Clowney is showing effort, but I just don't think opposing teams are going to let up one iota on taking Clowney out of the game. This is why I think we've seen what we're going to see from him this season.

This is NOT a debate on effort, I'm talking strictly about what other teams are going to do to stop him.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
I think that's a good point, IF Ward starts moving him around, adjusting for the double and triple teams. Clowney is showing effort, but I just don't think opposing teams are going to let up one iota on taking Clowney out of the game. This is why I think we've seen what we're going to see from him this season.

This is NOT a debate on effort, I'm talking strictly about what other teams are going to do to stop him.
If Tennessee does it then yes you are right. Tenn has as good of a left tackle as we'll see this year and if they aren't going to take their chances on a lot of one on one, no one will.
However, All Ward has to do is start bringing heat from JDs side- especially the c and b gaps and things could start getting interesting. I'm still very confused why Ward doesn't always bring 1 of our LBs from Clown's side on long passing downs. Even on a delayed blitz it would guarantee pressure and it makes me sick to think of what would have happened on the 3rd and long icer against UGA when Murray rolled out to that side had there been containment from a LB...
Old 10-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I doubt it. Best OL we will play all year.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Geez people ... Clowney isn't "off track" to need to get back "on track" ... stop watching ESPN

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Geez people ... Clowney isn't "off track" to need to get back "on track" ... stop watching ESPN
No need to add to this post. This is all you need.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #14
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
haha easy killer. MAYBE I worded it wrong and should have said "break out" game.. stats wise. and sure, we are all huge sports fans so we'll just stop watching ESPN. why you getting aggressive? lol
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

CLOWNEY NEVER LEFT.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Clowney back on track this weekend...?

Ever had 3 people try and physically hold u back? Well that's what JD has been facing all year, it's not that he has fallen off, he's been against all odds. I see him getting a sack tomorrow. That Tenn line and him don't get along too well. He'll be ready!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #17
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

You must be a dish customer that is missing the CBS channels.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
CLOWNEY NEVER LEFT.
This. He has played well this year.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Ever had 3 people try and physically hold u back? Well that's what JD has been facing all year, it's not that he has fallen off, he's been against all odds. I see him getting a sack tomorrow. That Tenn line and him don't get along too well. He'll be ready!
Operative word being "hold"...
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

This might not be the best way to expect cloudy to have a big game. Not only does Tennessee have one of the best offensive lines we will play all year, but their offensive scheme is closer to UNC's than most people realize as far is tempo is concerned.