CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
johnnyb
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
ChickenButt
doubledribble
Harry Tuttle
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (3045)
No Comments on the H (1034)
Call of Duty: Advanc (302)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (259)
Gameday parking in A (197)
Vote For Cocky (145)
Freshman ND WR " (141)
Things They Should H (125)
Keeping tailgate foo (107)
Good Riddance to bad (51)
2014-15 Premier League se
BAW
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me

Old 10-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default tenn throwing or passing team...

Confused by Coach Ward comments stating that tenn would spread us out and throw the ball around, the stats say something different.
They have more yardage rushing as well as almost 60 more rushes than pass attempts or 10 more a game.
Do you see them throwing the ball around with Worley?
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit
Default Re: tenn throwing or passing team...

they seem to try to have balance.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Confused by Coach Ward comments stating that tenn would spread us out and throw the ball around, the stats say something different.
They have more yardage rushing as well as almost 60 more rushes than pass attempts or 10 more a game.
Do you see them throwing the ball around with Worley?
"Throwing or passing"? Or did you mean "Running or passing"? They will attempt to spread us out in formations and run on the corners- probably away from Clowney.
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

his main point was that they spread the field, then he said they do a good job of running the zone play and they do a good job of throwing the football. i dont think he committed one way or the other. without seeing them play a lot this season i think theyll stay balanced in their attack.

the florida game is the only where their backs combined for less than 20 carries, but theyve given the ball to wr's on running plays multiple times every game of late. three straight games where they've thrown it at least 30 times.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Ward did also say that one of the linebackers that was going to start (can't remember which one) was going to get the start because he was better at defending the pass than the other guy. He also said that the other guy was probably a little better at defending the run.

So it does seem like he is looking for Tenn to pass a lot.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
cockypippen
Walk On

Male

cockypippen has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982Gamecock View Post
"Throwing or passing"? Or did you mean "Running or passing"? They will attempt to spread us out in formations and run on the corners- probably away from Clowney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
cockypippen
Walk On

Male

cockypippen has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982Gamecock View Post
Are you serious? Don't be a douche and just answer the question smart a$$.

I'm sure they will attempt to establish the ground game and then attempt to open up the passing game. That's why I think it is imperative that our DL step up this week and shut down the running game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

this might be why the defense isn't that good... Ward cant figure out the offense. Not talking smack but a team that runs a lot and doesn't have a passing attack will continue to run. Just food for thought.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote