CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
StormOfTalons
Aggie96
nodnahs
TAMU Starting CB Out (1837)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1559)
an apology (1221)
Clowney possibly hur (1111)
Your SEC Standings P (983)
Our players and the (961)
2013 game vs TN is o (925)
They are coming to y (885)
Favorite Gamecock of (630)
Spurrier: Davis May (594)
Connor Shaw Browns
an apology
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
TAMU Starting CB Out For
Your SEC Standings Predic
How are we feeling about
First "Carolina Call
Clemson RB Out for Year
texags

Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material
Default grambling v jacksonvill st

Players walked out on the coach? Is that right?
TheUniversityofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: grambling v jacksonvill st

They fired the Head Coach, former Redskin and super bowl winner Doug William, three weeks ago which started the ball rolling. Many of the players were upset over this. Then the last couple weeks they have had long road trips that they were supposed to fly too but had to bus it. There are some allegations that the Administration is mishandling the funds that the football team generates. The short of it is players are refusing to get on this bus for their road trip to Jackson State this weekend.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Saw that on the ESPN ticker. Players acting like babies....I would pull all of their schollys.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Saw that on the ESPN ticker. Players acting like babies....I would pull all of their schollys.
They were talking about it on my drive home, on WWL in New Orleans and they had a reporter from Shreveport on. He said they had a rally yesterday with a bunch of students supporting the players so it should be interesting to see how it plays out. Sounds like the school is really struggling for money. One of the player's complaints was about the floor in the weight room being unsafe. A private donor came up with the cash to fix it, but it hasn't been fixed, so there are questions about what happened to the money. Nothing would surprise me in Louisiana.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

The game was cancelled but what gets me is the buses supposedly left without the players. If the players didn't go why did the buses roll? While I think the players are acting like a bunch of little punks I do have to wonder about 750 mile 15 hour buses rides to play a game
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
They were talking about it on my drive home, on WWL in New Orleans and they had a reporter from Shreveport on. He said they had a rally yesterday with a bunch of students supporting the players so it should be interesting to see how it plays out. Sounds like the school is really struggling for money. One of the player's complaints was about the floor in the weight room being unsafe. A private donor came up with the cash to fix it, but it hasn't been fixed, so there are questions about what happened to the money. Nothing would surprise me in Louisiana.
Doug Williams the original coach this year raised money through a private alumni group. But since the money didn't come through the school's foundation the AD and school Pres ordered the new mats (that replaced safety hazard) stored in a different building and not be used. The next week the school fired Williams. Sounds to me like Pres didn't get his cut
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
The game was cancelled but what gets me is the buses supposedly left without the players. If the players didn't go why did the buses roll? While I think the players are acting like a bunch of little punks I do have to wonder about 750 mile 15 hour buses rides to play a game
Yeah and the fact that they are taking extra long trips to like the Circle City Classic in Indy in order to generate extra revenue for the whole athletics department and the football team is stuck taking the bus when they are bringing in all of the cash. I don't know, I'd have to reserve judgement till all of the facts come out, because it sounds like there could be some shenanigans going on.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I understand the players issues, I dont think they are handling it the right way but from what I have read the why the administration is handling the athletic programs there is ridiculous.

the floor in the weight room is old and badly needs replacing it, prior to being fired Williams arranges for donations to be made to pay for new flooring, the donations are brought in and the flooring is bought...the administration then refuses to install it because of the ongoing pissing match between the administration and Williams and puts it into storage.

lack of adequate training materials

apparently lack of an adequate coaching staff (not that the coaches are necessarily bad just that they dont have enough of them (only 6 full time coaches right now apparently)

bus trips of 650 and 750 miles with apparently a lack of food (at least according to one article).

like I said I don't really agree with the way they are going about it but the players appear to have legitimate concerns
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Wow....I hate seeing this....GS has been a good program for a hell of a long time....Sad..
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Game is cancelled and it was Jacksonville State's homecoming game.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would suggest you read the Sports Illustrated article before you just make an assumption like this.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dig deeper and see what's going on, not just the ticker.

Some things in life are worth looking at beyond the 10-second sentence fragment you catch out of the corner of your eye brought to you by a sports network that is the broadcast equivalent of a frontal lobotomy
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Isn't Grambling a public school? If so, the state may share some of the blame.

Or maybe Grambling is just the college version of Detroit...lots of corruption.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #14
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Isn't Grambling a public school?
Yep, it's a Louisiana State school.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I need to read the article first...
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I need to read the article first...
Im sure there is one by now. I heard it in passing.
TheUniversityofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

I am with them on this move... they want improved facilities, and someone who is going to make football fun for them... if Football wasn't fun for our boys, I would expect them to do the same thing. This is a HUGE move for the Tigers of Grambling State, and I applaud them for their stance. They want improvement beginning with the head, and they are willing to sacrifice a game or more until SOMETHING changes. Good for them.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #18
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

So does Jacksonville win by default?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
So does Jacksonville win by default?
yes grambling forfeits. scored 2-0 IIRC

nope its 1-0
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
yes grambling forfeits
Ok good. No reason for those kids to not get the win of the other team is gonna act like that.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote