CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Clowneygotcha
eightohhthree
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
Evilchicken3
spareparts
Order 66
Acockolypse Now
Badazcock
Terrible Officiating (1916)
Cack's Toast of the (1777)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1690)
If (big IF) we can w (1473)
Elliott Fry crushes (1447)
No Gurley near the g (1352)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1328)
How the top 25 SHOUL (903)
The SEC East schedul (773)
Photos of fans befor (729)
Been a pleasure talking w
Malcolm Mitchell
Missouri Game Set For 7:0
Tired of night games
Verne lundquist
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
20 of 31 former players s
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
For Sale - 07 Dodge Nitro
USC -21 and a hook @ Vand

Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Anybody else have problems sleeping?

Ok just wondering if anyone else has problems going to sleep on the Friday nights or early Saturday mornings when there is a 12:00 game? My head is constantly swimming with storylines that pertain to the game and the what ifs and pure excitement. just wondering if I am alone in my fandemonium.

As always
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Same here. It always has a Christmas Eve feeling to it, for me. I usually take this time to prep my foods and such lol. I end up going to bed at 3am and waking up super early. Waiting for the game to start. I love it though
Old 10-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
nicklieb14
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 460
nicklieb14 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Anybody else have problems sleeping?

From late August until the end of November I can't ever sleep on Friday nights but I'd love it if everyday was a college gameday!
nicklieb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I can't sleep anyway. It sucks. Doesn't matter if it's fall, spring, summer, or winter.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #5
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Same here. Also, I'm a horrible morning person. I'll probably set my alarm for 11:55am.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #6
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 596
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Yeah, I'm still up, thinking of how awesome it would be if certain scenarios would play out. How if certain things would come about, our Gamecock football team would look so deserving of a Top 5 ranking.....unfortunately, rarely do any of those scenarios come about but that has not stopped my mind from conceiving them. One day, there will be that Perfect Performance Game!!!
Go Cocks!!!!
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #7
DabosWeenie
Walk On

Male

DabosWeenie has hatched from the shell

no
DabosWeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Try a few margarita's on a Friday night. Gotta make it with Patron tequila though. None of that cheap crap.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Geechieboy
Recruit

Geechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his comb

Slept like a rock. And I do'nt mean howards rock. What a joke.
Geechieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Yeah, I'm still up, thinking of how awesome it would be if certain scenarios would play out. How if certain things would come about, our Gamecock football team would look so deserving of a Top 5 ranking.....unfortunately, rarely do any of those scenarios come about but that has not stopped my mind from conceiving them. One day, there will be that Perfect Performance Game!!!
Go Cocks!!!!
It's Only Unthinkable If U Don't Think It! Hahaha
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

A little high quality reefer could help.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #12
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
A little high quality reefer could help.
No doubt.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I always draw up scenarios of the game in my head...hahaha

The joys of college football. It's great.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I have the same problem, but it's not just noon games. Any big game. Especially ones that I'm setting up a tailgate for. I don't run down game scenarios in my head though. I just get excited/anxious I guess. Heart starts beating hard and I can't go back to sleep. And yes it's usually that I can fall asleep but I can't stay asleep. I wake up at like 4 or 5 AM and my body is ready. I try to think about other things and distract myself which helps. I've gotten better I think.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

young kids...they will make it easy to fall asleep
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

back when I used to let this stuff bother me, I had trouble. Then I decided that since I had absolutely no control over the situation, I sleep much better and I am much easier to be around if the gamecocks lose. Makes being a fan much easier.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
usc4lyf
Recruit

Male

usc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spurs

Nope . I ain't suiting up. The sun will still come up Sunday morning.
usc4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

For me, it's not that I think I'm a part of the game or have any control... Like previous poster said, it's sort of a Christmas Eve/morning kinda deal. Just excited. I have the same issue the night before a big trip/vacation I've been looking forward to. Plus , if you're setting up a tailgate, you wake up thinking about all the stuff you gotta get done that morning.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Have zero trouble sleeping most game nights but Sunday nights I toss and turn thinking about Monday am at work. And I love my job! Weird...
Old 10-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #20
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I've been waking up lately with headaches. But then again it's fall break!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote