CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ertman420
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
Ericvol2096
RGHoskins
usc90grad
rosstheboss
thekob
Mangus now coaching (1045)
Can Tennessee get to (830)
Chick Redefines the (485)
2 Crazy things (450)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (436)
ESPN Article on HBC (428)
Spread vs. aTm (392)
The Bama series (345)
Lindy's top 100 for (341)
Ronald McDonald Gets (158)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2001 vs Sandstorm
2016 Thon Marker
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2 Crazy things
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Spurrier would take Clown

Old 10-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his claws
Default Shaw injury

Is Shaw ok? Any updates?
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw injury

"Strained knee" according to SOS. Wont know more until Monday.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I swear I thought he tore his ACL... but hopefully it isnt that bad.. reminded me a lot of lattimore over there in pain.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I heard 2-3 weeks
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quarrels injury was said to be bad also. I really hate UT.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Shaw injury

Get better guys!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Quarrels injury was said to be bad also. I really hate UT.
Davis had a scare of what looked like an injury at first also when someone rolled on his leg. It could just be a coincidence but a lot of players tend to end up injured against Tennessee. (Florida's starting QB, and a few players from Georgia as well)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Anyone see how Quarles got injured at the end? Saw no replay.

Last edited by SClawman; 10-19-2013 at 08:19 PM.
SClawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I just hope he is okay. Injury to insult would be pretty bad. I want Shaw to finish this season.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
Spurball
Walk On

Male

Spurball has hatched from the shell
Default Shaw injury

It seems that Tennessee plays dirty... They always try to injure our players. Not to mention the refs allowing the O-Line for the Vols to hold all of our players. Most ridiculous bias I have ever witnessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Spurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4162750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

[quote=Spurball;3957919]It seems that Tennessee plays dirty... They always try to injure our players. Not to mention the refs allowing the O-Line for the Vols to hold all of our players. Most ridiculous bias I have ever witnessed.

Idk if they play that dirty trying to injure players, but damn they seem to injure a lot of players the last couple of years. Especially in big/important games.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurball View Post
It seems that Tennessee plays dirty... They always try to injure our players. Not to mention the refs allowing the O-Line for the Vols to hold all of our players. Most ridiculous bias I have ever witnessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Haha please watch the Shaw play and tell me how that was intentional. It happens, and it has just happened a lot with Tennessee lately. I doubt it's their master plan to injure every team's star players.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
Haha please watch the Shaw play and tell me how that was intentional. It happens, and it has just happened a lot with Tennessee lately. I doubt it's their master plan to injure every team's star players.
I agree that it wasn't intentional. It was a clean play. It looked nothing like the hit on Lattimore.

This is not the first time Shaw has been injured, and he hasn't been playing Tennessee every time he's gone down.

I'm sure he'll be back - possibly Monday at practice if UCF is any indication. If not this Monday, then certainly the following Monday.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
bandalum
Walk On

Female

bandalum has hatched from the shell

Quarrels played a good game, hate he got re-injured.
bandalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
CockyLifer
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervous

TennKneeSee strikes again.

They need to be investigated for all the injuries they are inflicting I am sensing a Saints like scandal at rockytop. Did you guys notice the roll on Mike Davis that was completely unnecessary I honestly think that their coaches would have been pleased to take our offense for the season by sidelining MD28 and Connor for the year. Any thoughts on this?
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

It does seem that they roll up players a lot. It might be a fluke or just bad luck, but it seems like the star players for every team they play go down with knee injuries.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

They won't know about knees until a MRI or X-ray.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
Davis had a scare of what looked like an injury at first also when someone rolled on his leg. It could just be a coincidence but a lot of players tend to end up injured against Tennessee. (Florida's starting QB, and a few players from Georgia as well)

I agree with this. It seems they take out somebody every game they play. I thought going for the knees was a penalty. I didn't get to see the game so I don't know what happened to Shaw & Quarles. If the UT players were playing dirty then why can't it be stopped?
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
The Sim Master
Walk On

CockyCash: 600
The Sim Master has hatched from the shell

How many Georgia players did they knock out also?
The Sim Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
AllVol55
Blue Chip

Male

AllVol55 has earned his spursAllVol55 has earned his spursAllVol55 has earned his spursAllVol55 has earned his spursAllVol55 has earned his spursAllVol55 has earned his spurs

Hope Shaw is able to return soon. He is a good QB and you all still have a lot to play for.

In regards to TN taking out other teams star players....I think you all are grasping at straws. Chalk it up to bad luck.
AllVol55 is offline   Reply With Quote