CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
RGHoskins
MountainCock
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
smoovecock
donbgamecock
The Gator Bowl wants (1439)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1304)
USC will upset Aubur (1157)
A simple defensive l (974)
In-state QB talent (918)
Which loss hurt wors (585)
Texas athletic direc (576)
SEC Debate: Best can (498)
This is War (400)
Ranking the SEC Foot (396)
SEC Debate: Best candidat
A simple defensive line &
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Bama @ Tennessee
Cann tipping plays?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Why I think we beat Aubur
Madrid vs Barca
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 10-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
VikingGamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
VikingGamecock has hatched from the shell
Default Victor Hampton?

Why didn't he see the field much today?
VikingGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Victor Hampton?

he was in there, but in our nickel/dime package he's covering the slot receiver. at least i dont recall an injury or him sitting out an extended period.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
partyguy708
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25346000
partyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingGamecock View Post
Oh he was on the field, but as is the case with most great cover guys you didnt hear his name called much cuz he was ballin!

Enjoys intellectually stimulating conversation.
partyguy708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyguy708 View Post
Oh he was on the field, but as is the case with most great cover guys you didnt hear his name called much cuz he was ballin!
Hardly.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

I saw a tweet that Victor Hampton was on the sideline arguing with Ward for about 3 minutes during either the 2nd or 3rd quarter
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
I saw a tweet that Victor Hampton was on the sideline arguing with Ward for about 3 minutes during either the 2nd or 3rd quarter
I guess he didn't learn a lesson after all.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

how did we think rico did today? obviously he allowed the big catch, but he had perfect coverage and north just made a great play.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
how did we think rico did today? obviously he allowed the big catch, but he had perfect coverage and north just made a great play.
Huh? That was Ahmad. Rico probably would have knocked it down.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingGamecock View Post
Busy making more babies...
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland
Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingGamecock

Busy making more babies...
Daaaaaamn

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

I called the pass on Christian at the end. He is very unimpressive, they either make the catch or he gets an interference penalty.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #12
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I was wondering where he was today as well.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
I called the pass on Christian at the end. He is very unimpressive, they either make the catch or he gets an interference penalty.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
He was on the guys hip and was in good position, North just made a play, as Alshon has for us before with guys right on him.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

When the ball was in the air the guy got separation from Christian. That allowed him to get just enough position to make the catch. It was a great catch and pretty lucky. If the safety had been a little closer he might have had a chance to hit the guy and knock the ball loose instead of just standing there and looking at him.
I think Vic is a pretty good cover guy, but I'm not sure that his attitude is not hurting the team.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Maybe our guys can learn some humility from this experience. Christian treated every incompletion like he'd just won the Super Bowl but when the game was on the line he allowed UT to make the long catch to win the game.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Maybe our guys can learn some humility from this experience. Christian treated every incompletion like he'd just won the Super Bowl but when the game was on the line he allowed UT to make the long catch to win the game.
This x1000.

Sick and tired of seeing our guys celebrate after every single tackle and incompletion. Getting lit up on a majority of the plays in a game then acting like you just won the game after knocking down a pass is pathetic.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe our guys can learn some humility from this experience. Christian treated every incompletion like he'd just won the Super Bowl but when the game was on the line he allowed UT to make the long catch to win the game
For Pete's sake, I really hope that you are correct, Also this is the problem with our team losing the highly talented players with character that's now gone. They aren't here to put these guys in their place.

Quote:
Sick and tired of seeing our guys celebrate after every single tackle and incompletion. Getting lit up on a majority of the plays in a game then acting like you just won the game after knocking down a pass is pathetic
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Didn't notice Vic but all our DBS seemed to be just a step behind. Not sure if it's bad technique or speed but they just don't make the play or look back for the ball. On a side note, I think we all like the way fsu played/covered. Mostly man and blitzed from all angles, no matter the down or field position. We are going to get burned with our young guys but I'd at least like to get burned being aggressive. Not fooling myself thinking we have the caliber cover guys that fsu has but I'd like to see more blitzing, more man coverage. I think Vic has this skill set and the mentality to do it. Not putting this on the D at all, just an observation.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

one word...coaching.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #20
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
This x1000.

Sick and tired of seeing our guys celebrate after every single tackle and incompletion. Getting lit up on a majority of the plays in a game then acting like you just won the game after knocking down a pass is pathetic.
Yea I've been saying this too. Christian celebrates every incompletion. Average cover skills and a costly pass interference in the game and he gave up the long one that won the game for them. I don't see why he is on the field or why he's on their best WR at all