CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
cocks are us
kingoftheroost
A. Pilgrim
smoovecock
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2784)
Herbstreit on " (1017)
Gamecockology Helms (987)
SEC QB's in the Red (970)
Little know stat (We (960)
Where do you like to (530)
We're going to the N (504)
Amelia Earhart Plane (291)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (209)
This season and recr (194)
Uniforms for Tenn
Interesting quotes from D
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Have you ever been so wro
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Where do you like to sit
We're going to the NCAA T
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 10-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
TigerKiller88
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TigerKiller88 has hatched from the shell
Default Get it together guys.

If South Carolina wins next week, we are right back in it, because I highly doubt mizzou will beat both ole miss (on the road) AND Texas A&M.

There is still a lot to play for. You sour pusses sound like the guys who said we would never beat Florida on the road in 2010 to go to the SECCG.
TigerKiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Get it together guys.

I hate to be the debbie downer...but no.
Just no.

Even if they do manage to beat Mizzou, they still have to beat MSU and Florida.
Mizzou has to lose 2 more games, and UGA has to lose one more.

That is a lot to depend on that we don't control.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Just remember y'all.. We had THREE losses when we won the east in 2010.

It's possible. Not saying if it will or won't happen but we can do it.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
TigerKiller88
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Just no.

The UGA loss is not necessary. If mizzou loses two more games, and UGA does not lose another one, we will be in a 3 (or possibly 4) way tie, with the winner being decided by who has the highest BCS ranking. Because UGA and UF already have 3 losses, we will be ahead of them by virtue of having fewer losses. As for Mizzou, the BCS rankings have always controversially weighted late season losses more than early or mid season losses. If we beat Mizzou and win out, and then they lose to Ole Miss or A&M (which I think is likely) we will claim the east.

It's simple. Win out and we will still likely go to the SECCG, either outright (if UGA drops another game) or through the tiebreak as discussed above.

As for us losing to MSU or Florida at home, I'm not buying it. Those two teams suck worse than we do, and if we can get out of Mizzou with a win, I think it lights a fire under us coming home for the rest of the season with a potential division on our hands.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Just no.

UGA doesn't actually HAVE to lose another if Mizzou drops two (one being to us). That's where the BCS ranking comes in as a tie breaker in a three-way tie, albeit I still think Auburn drops UGA.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

No thanks...I'd rather someone else other than us get raped by Alabama in Atlanta...
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

DTGCOCKS#32 is sharpening his clawsDTGCOCKS#32 is sharpening his clawsDTGCOCKS#32 is sharpening his clawsDTGCOCKS#32 is sharpening his clawsDTGCOCKS#32 is sharpening his claws

it all depends on which USC team shows up. there have been parts of the season where just about every aspect of our team have played really well. we can never seem to put it all together. if we were more consistent then i would think we could be in the drivers seat. we cant keep shooting ourselves in the foot either, we have done stupid things all year long to keep us from putting people away and it has come back to haunt us. i personally think that the majority of our problems are easily fixable with most of them being lack of focus and discipline. we are about 2 players stepping up and playing to their potential from being that top 10 team we all thought we were to begin the year.
DTGCOCKS#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

I honestly agree, if y'all can pull off the upset next week I don't see you losing again at home and do see Missouri dropping one more.
The key is finding a way to beat red hot Missouri.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk now Free
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
I honestly agree, if y'all can pull off the upset next week I don't see you losing again at home and do see Missouri dropping one more.

We are not good enough on defense to beat Mizzou... Especially on the road... We are a much better team at home... It's not far- fetched to see this team win the final 4 home games, and end up 9-3... Hell, I'd take it...
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: Get it together guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
We are not good enough on defense to beat Mizzou... Especially on the road... We are a much better team at home... It's not far- fetched to see this team win the final 4 home games, and end up 9-3... Hell, I'd take it...
How in Sam hell did Missouri get 500 yards on UF. I just don't understand how they are that good??

Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
TigerKiller88
Banned

Male

Quote:

Congrats on the game yesterday. I have nothing against Vols fans, and although I wish your signature win didn't come against us, I do think the SEC is more interesting with Tennessee in the mix.

I just don't see Mizzou beating both A&M and Ole Miss. The truth is that we are in the identical situation we were in before the Tennessee game started.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
How in Sam hell did Missouri get 500 yards on UF. I just don't understand how they are that good??

With a backup QB... Chit, I thought we had a good chance to win that game, then I read the stats... That kid threw for 295 on that Florida D... And Florida only had 151 yards of offense...
Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Default Re: Re: Get it together guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
With a backup QB... Chit, I thought we had a good chance to win that game, then I read the stats... That kid threw for 295 on that Florida D... And Florida only had 151 yards of offense...
I know, I really didn't think they were for real till that game yesterday. Our next three games look hard as hell now.
@Bama. @Missouri and Aub. Our schedule is out of control this year.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
TigerKiller88
Banned

Male

Florida sucks guys! They have sucked all year! Where people got the idea they are a world beater, I don't know. Florida has been manhandled in every legit game they have played.

Please don't pump up Mizzouri too much. They beat a decimated UGA team so bad they lost to Vandy, and they beat a FLA team with the worst offense I've seen in the SEC in quite some time. Florida lost their quarterback and the second best defensive player in the SEC in Easley.

This isn't your Urban Meyer Florida team of 6-7 years ago.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKiller88 View Post
If South Carolina wins next week, we are right back in it, because I highly doubt mizzou will beat both ole miss (on the road) AND Texas A&M.

There is still a lot to play for. You sour pusses sound like the guys who said we would never beat Florida on the road in 2010 to go to the SECCG.
Mizzou has throttled every team they've played. Most recently Florida, who apparently had one of the best defenses in the nation, and Mizzou did that with their freshman backup QB.

They are projected to be #5 in the BCS polls tonight.

If we beat them, I think we could be under consideration, but Mizzou would have to lose a couple more.

The East is a mess right now and if we beat Mizzou that would put more ingredients in this $hit soup division race.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKiller88 View Post
Florida sucks guys! They have sucked all year! Where people got the idea they are a world beater, I don't know. Florida has been manhandled in every legit game they have played.

Please don't pump up Mizzouri too much. They beat a decimated UGA team so bad they lost to Vandy, and they beat a FLA team with the worst offense I've seen in the SEC in quite some time. Florida lost their quarterback and the second best defensive player in the SEC in Easley.

This isn't your Urban Meyer Florida team of 6-7 years ago.
I don't know if you realize it, but the stars are aligning for Mizzou. We'll most likely play them with Dylan, our co-starter at QB. I'm not knocking Dylan one bit, but it seems like Mizzou hasn't played any team at 100% and that proverbial horse shoe is planted firmly up their arse right now.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
TigerKiller88
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I don't know if you realize it, but the stars are aligning for Mizzou. We'll most likely play them with Dylan, our co-starter at QB. I'm not knocking Dylan one bit, but it seems like Mizzou hasn't played any team at 100% and that proverbial horse shoe is planted firmly up their arse right now.
Oh, I see it, but I do not think they are unbeatable. I was at Clemson last year when Thompson torched the Tiggers. I have all the confidence in the world in him.

IMO, the SEC-East is on the line this Saturday. I just don't see Missouri winning out. Ole Miss looked good yesterday beating LSU at home (where Mizzou has to travel), and I would never rule out A&M. I think its more likely than not Mizzou drops one, or both, of those games.

It all comes down to next Saturday. We did it in the swamp in 2010. I have faith we can do it this year too.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #18
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

Honestly, the way A&M plays defense.. I don't see Mizzou losing to them... If they beat us, they will probably win the East..
Old 10-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #19
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Just remember y'all.. We had THREE losses when we won the east in 2010.

It's possible. Not saying if it will or won't happen but we can do it.
I'm gonna get killed for saying this but what the heck. That team had Garcia.
I'll leave it there.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #20
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

On a positive note, Tampa has really nice gentlemen's clubs.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote