CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
ReadR00ster
4gamecockfb
markp_vip
Thenardier
sporkgod50
GapoGamecock51
Lalli25
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
Diamond DeSheilds, U (3405)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1333)
Women's bb - Deshiel (602)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Hope Springs Eternal (468)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
Byron the bunny...fe (328)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (242)
*Official 2014 NHL S (221)
How to cut the musta (149)
Jameis Winston's Accuser
how has more ESPN anounce
Larenz Bryant update?
Playstation 4
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Where will we be preseaso
Joeckel Transfering from
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Chico McClatcher- 2015 At
Hope Springs Eternal

Old 10-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell
Default Tennessee fans

A couple of things... first, everyone who was at the game can agree that place was LOUD yesterday. seemed a lot louder than 2 years ago which was a night game and I sat essentially in the same place right behind the band.

second, these fans are great. another trip to Knoxville and another trip that not one Vol fan said a word to me after the game (except for one "ballsy" female after the game that said "haaa they suck" under her breath after the game walking by me) after the game went back downtown to eat and watch Clemson and again not one complaint... a dollar got everytime someone asked how Shaw was doing or telling me safe travels. great welcoming polite people and I will keep going back until someone changes my mind. if you've never been to a road game I highly recommend Tennessee.

oh and the best thing about them... a bunch of Gamecocks at the bar we went to last night... even had the Tennessee fans doing the chop with us.
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit
Default Re: Tennessee fans

TOTALLY agree. Ive been to Knoxville once to see the boys play, what a great time. People are awesome. I will pull for Tenn over anyone else always for that reason. And most of them feel the same way for us from what i have been around
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
pick6
Recruit

Male

pick6 has hatched from the shell

Always a good time in Kville-even better if we would have won! Nothing beats along the riverfront.
pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoleCOCK3521 View Post
A couple of things... first, everyone who was at the game can agree that place was LOUD yesterday. seemed a lot louder than 2 years ago which was a night game and I sat essentially in the same place right behind the band.

second, these fans are great. another trip to Knoxville and another trip that not one Vol fan said a word to me after the game (except for one "ballsy" female after the game that said "haaa they suck" under her breath after the game walking by me) after the game went back downtown to eat and watch Clemson and again not one complaint... a dollar got everytime someone asked how Shaw was doing or telling me safe travels. great welcoming polite people and I will keep going back until someone changes my mind. if you've never been to a road game I highly recommend Tennessee.

oh and the best thing about them... a bunch of Gamecocks at the bar we went to last night... even had the Tennessee fans doing the chop with us.
You're absolutely right! I too was at the game yesterday, sitting in the upper deck right under the huge jumbotron. It was very loud, and no Tennessee fans said anything nasty to me following the game. They were nice, polite, and a few asked me how Shaw was doing. I remember telling one Lady was I was walking out that I knew Butch Jones would turn Tennessee around and help them win again, I just didn't want it to be against us. And she said that win meant a lot to them. But was not nasty or degrading to USC at all! Was my first SEC road game, and I'd love to head back to Rocky Top for another game with them! Great experience and great SEC atmosphere!
Carolinafan8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
papasmurf
Starter

Male

2013 FOOTBALL PICKEM: 2013 FOOTBALL PICKEM - Given for: Winning 2013 Football Pickem 2010 Football Pickem: 2010 Football Pickem - Given for: 2010 Football Pickem 
CockyCash: 80000
papasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot material

Knoxville has a lot of interesting things to see but the greatest attribute of Knoxville is the people of Knoxville. They make you feel welcome.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 490
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

My daughter, a USC student, and her room mate we not happy with the fans and left right after the game because of this. She was disappointed that there fans cheered when both Quarles and Shaw got hurt. She said this was not drunk students, but the older part of the crowd.
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

would like to make a trip there sometime
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

Place looked 1/2 empty 10 min before kickoff. Filled in very quickly after that. Fans or no fans we left there with a L that should have been a W. Been going up there for many years, they just do not have the players they used to have. That is what really, really sucks about yesterday.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

They are very passionate fans there. I'm sure if Carolina would have blown them out it might have been a different story. I'm not saying it would have but....

It's good that you had a great time non the less.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
VaVol
Walk On

Male

VaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervousVaVol is making other chickens nervous

Very nice words from you guys. I have always been treated well in Columbia. It's a beautiful venue and every football fan should at least once see the Gamecocks stadium entrance. Yesterday was obviously a huge win for us, especially after that gut-wrenching loss to GA a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, good luck against the Tigers (Mizzou and Clemson). We'll do our best to get Missouri for you, and for God's sake if you somehow win the east, beat BAMA's a**. See you all in Columbia next year.
VaVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Been to Knoxville three times, and always stayed the night before
the game in Gatlinburg. I've always worn some kind of Gamecock gear
when I go to Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge area and I've NEVER had any
of the UT people say anything derogatory or hateful. In fact, there
were several trips where UT fans have actually come over, shook my
hand and started talking college football in general and how much they
respect the school and program here. All smack has been lighthearted
and in good fun. .... In the three games that I've been to Neyland Stadium
and around the UT Campus, they have been some of the best trips I've
ever taken, and the fans around us were very pleasant. Definitely the
best opposing college football fans in the SEC IMO.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Never been to Neyland... Might try it in 2015... Sounds like good people
Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
darthtripous
Walk On

Male

darthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spurs

This was the first time I have ever been to Knoxville. I had a blast, and I was very impressed with their fans. I had four different sets of fans come up to me after the game to see what I had heard about Connor's injury. They all seemed legitimitly concerned. I will definitly make the trip back one day, and hopefully with better results. Hey, but at least we ain't Clempson!
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
pastrywarrior
Walk On

Male

pastrywarrior is sharpening his clawspastrywarrior is sharpening his clawspastrywarrior is sharpening his clawspastrywarrior is sharpening his clawspastrywarrior is sharpening his claws

I just got back, and I, as usual, enjoyed the trip to UT. I've made 7 trips there, and have never had any problems other than the occasional immature college kid yell something like, "Spurrier's a cock!" at me. Considering that the game got a bit heated at times and considering how big a win this was for the UT program, the walk back to my car yesterday was uneventful. Disastrous game for us, but at least the UT fans I saw were the type of folks who can enjoy their win without making the visiting fans feel worse than they already do.
pastrywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
UTVOLS
Vols, Butch!

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

I was there and had several conversations with SC fans. I even sat at the bar with a few after the game. No hard feelings, just a good evening (especially watching Clemson lose).

The only annoying fans I saw all day were a small group of Bama fans at the bar after the game.

I would like to go to Columbia next year.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Come down UTVols I go to Columbia every year. This thread makes me happy. Glad everyone had a great time.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk now Free
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #17
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

UT fans were and always are super. Very classy bunch of people.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrywarrior View Post
I just got back, and I, as usual, enjoyed the trip to UT. I've made 7 trips there, and have never had any problems other than the occasional immature college kid yell something like, "Spurrier's a cock!" at me. Considering that the game got a bit heated at times and considering how big a win this was for the UT program, the walk back to my car yesterday was uneventful. Disastrous game for us, but at least the UT fans I saw were the type of folks who can enjoy their win without making the visiting fans feel worse than they already do.
Always had a great time in Knoxville and the fans are the best. I sat in a UT section and the fans gave Shaw a standing O when they carried him off.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
Walk On

Male

518 has hatched from the shell

It was very loud and the fans had rocky top rocking except for a little bit in the third qtr. The Vols fan were good except for someone throwing water on us after the gw fg. Maybe just celebrateing.
518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

i've never had a bad trip to any SEC city.

well except Kentucky because they kept talking about basketball.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote