CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
talkincock
Storm Of Spurs
crowcutta
**USC vs. South Alab (18414)
Clemson (2267)
Drew Owens missing? (2206)
Question about after (1761)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1193)
Shaq Roland (1154)
FishFry 47-yarder (675)
clemson game time: N (631)
How about this scena (522)
Tenn-Mizzou game (304)
Clemson fan here
Clemson
Question about after the
Winston
Tenn-Mizzou game
Drew Owens missing?
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
what I think ab ward
2014 Charleston Classic *
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa

Old 10-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Consequences of Miami Sanctions that will be announced tomorrow morning

The NCAA will announce it's findings after their 2 1/2 year investigation into Miami and specifically booster Nevin Shapiro.

The charge "lack of institutional control" has been thrown around a lot already and from the two U fans I know, it sounds like that will indeed be the charge they receive, at the least.

That being said, will that affect any kids we are actively recruiting? What about current U commits that liked us, like Berrios? I am sure there is at least one other kid committed to them that was high on us, too.

Just curious to see what you guys think could happen to their class

long story short - will these NCAA findings help us at all
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Consequences of Miami Sanctions that will be announced tomorrow morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
The NCAA will announce it's findings after their 2 1/2 year investigation into Miami and specifically booster Nevin Shapiro.

The charge "lack of institutional control" has been thrown around a lot already and from the two U fans I know, it sounds like that will indeed be the charge they receive, at the least.

That being said, will that affect any kids we are actively recruiting? What about current U commits that liked us, like Berrios? I am sure there is at least one other kid committed to them that was high on us, too.

Just curious to see what you guys think could happen to their class

long story short - will these NCAA findings help us at all
I think it could if the sanctions are brought on them for the 2014 class.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Consequences of Miami Sanctions that will be announced tomorrow morning

Best coach in football

Yeah I said it
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

wat?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

It could have an effect in two ways. First off, if they get slammed with really reduced scholarships some kids who wanted to go there will have to look elsewhere whether they want to or not. Secondly, bowl bans and lack of TV exposure can cause some kids to rethink their commitments. Should be interesting to watch.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

there will be no bowl bans. they have self imposed 2 years of no post season. scholarship losses will be minimal. The ncaa has no integrity in any of their information since they admitting violating their own rules of investigation. if they try to drop the hammer it will be a major stepping stone to conferences leaving. They will take their playoff with them and tell the ncaa to bugger off
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...gation-tuesday

Order Of The Spur
Old 10-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #8
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
there will be no bowl bans. they have self imposed 2 years of no post season. scholarship losses will be minimal. The ncaa has no integrity in any of their information since they admitting violating their own rules of investigation. if they try to drop the hammer it will be a major stepping stone to conferences leaving. They will take their playoff with them and tell the ncaa to bugger off
This. As a Miami fan, I am a Carolina fan first and Miami second, I honestly am hoping for nothing major due to the NCAA's ineptitude. I'll be eager to see what is actually done. We have seen what a scholarship reduction has done to Carolina.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #9
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
According to that article, looks like a scholarship reduction, forfeiting of games where the offenders played, and a TV ban. I know there's going to be an appeal to what ever the decision is. The NCAA truly botched this investigation and Miami has done well in the self-imposed penalties. For some reason, I don't think that's going to be enough...

Go Cocks!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsaxplaya View Post
According to that article, looks like a scholarship reduction, forfeiting of games where the offenders played, and a TV ban. I know there's going to be an appeal to what ever the decision is. The NCAA truly botched this investigation and Miami has done well in the self-imposed penalties. For some reason, I don't think that's going to be enough...
Once the NCAA admitted their errors, all bets are off.

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit."
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

No bowl ban. Lose 9 scholies over 3 years. If I were Miami I would take it. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ncaa-sanctions

Order Of The Spur
Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #12
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
No bowl ban. Lose 9 scholies over 3 years. If I were Miami I would take it. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ncaa-sanctions
Those are relatively easy sanctions. Not too terrible. I think there will still be an appeal and hopefully a reduction in scholarships lost. The NCAA really botched this up bad and I guess that's why more harsh penalties were not leveed.

Go Cocks!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsaxplaya View Post
Those are relatively easy sanctions. Not too terrible. I think there will still be an appeal and hopefully a reduction in scholarships lost. The NCAA really botched this up bad and I guess that's why more harsh penalties were not leveed.
UM said that they will not appeal.

Order Of The Spur
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
This may well be the case, if NCAA imposes further sanctions. But I for one, would wish that the major conferences would pull out if the NCAA does NOT lower the boom. I'm sick and tire of selective enforcement with the NCAA. If Miami and North Carolina skate (Miami with improper benefits and NC with academic fraud), the NCAA is pretty much worthless from an enforcement perspective.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
This may well be the case, if NCAA imposes further sanctions. But I for one, would wish that the major conferences would pull out if the NCAA does NOT lower the boom. I'm sick and tire of selective enforcement with the NCAA. If Miami and North Carolina skate (Miami with improper benefits and NC with academic fraud), the NCAA is pretty much worthless from an enforcement perspective.
they've been exactly that for several years now.

I'm betting the penalty will be that all roster players are suspended for
half their next game, so Miami will have to use all their walkon players the
first half.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

So who is next on the docket, UNC?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

What a crock. 3 schollies each over 3 years, no bowl ban, no lack of institutional control.

The NCAA is a joke. Also, WTF is wrong with our compliance office if schools get away with this and we are losing 10 schollies a year for cheap hotel rooms?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #18
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
What a crock. 3 schollies each over 3 years, no bowl ban, no lack of institutional control.

The NCAA is a joke. Also, WTF is wrong with our compliance office if schools get away with this and we are losing 10 schollies a year for cheap hotel rooms?
"Miami had already self-imposed bowl bans over the last two years, keeping the Hurricanes out of the ACC title game in 2012 as well. Those self-imposed sanctions, along with cooperation during the prolonged NCAA investigation into widespread allegations, helped Miami avoid major penalties."

Go Cocks!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

They also have self imposed scholly reductions. They had a 2 year bowl ban. Saying they got off light is like saying a man in jail for 2 1/2 years got off light because he was sentenced to 6 more months.

The NCAA has signaled with Us and Miami that if you cooperate, it will go better. With Southern Cal, if you don't it might not be pretty.