CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
sanford
Rooster'srule
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
cocksmith1or11
Acockolypse Now
El Cid Ranger
rdwylie
markymark550
Backup QB competitio (2503)
2014 Preseason USA T (1232)
Ranking the SEC Fema (747)
Future Non-Conferenc (606)
Anyone heard anythin (594)
Clowney's Madden Rat (578)
Daily Dose of Food P (410)
Spurrier on the cove (383)
What Would You Do? (371)
Ranking the SEC scho (276)
Elcid99
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Dustin Johnson taking a l
Shaq R.
Tupelo Honey Cafe
New Reserved Sections for
Fall Camp--weather altern
Shaw Interview: SB Nation

Old 10-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default J.P. Vonashek leaving.

Big Spur is reporting that he is leaving. Just saw a quick post on Facebook.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly
Default Playing Leaving the Program

J.P. Vonashek, a freshman offensive lineman is leaving the football team
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: J.P. Vonashek leaving.

apparently off the field stuff is the cause

just wanted to point that out before everyone here assumed that this was an indication of dysfunction in the locker room, because we all know people like to assume the worst.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

I am curious.. maybe someone has some insider info.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Wish the young man the best.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Wish him well.
Frees up another scholly..maybe that is why they fast-tracked Scarnecchia, and why they offered two JUCO offensive linemen.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Wish him well.
Frees up another scholly..maybe that is why they fast-tracked Scarnecchia, and why they offered two JUCO offensive linemen.
Not really. They still had to have attrition to bring in the guys they are bringing in now.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Not really. They still had to have attrition to bring in the guys they are bringing in now.
True...but we already have an idea of some of the attrition.
Clowney, Cann, Quarles and Hampton will probably all leave early...and Shell and Robinson could leave early.

And we may have a few guys asked to leave if it is their third year in the program and probably won't contribute (K.J. Brent, Patrick Fish, Shon Carson Shamier Jeffery, Deon Green, Mike Matulis)

I honestly think we will have 11 underclassman leave along with Patrick, Shaw, Sutton and Legree.
Two-time National Champs

Old 10-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

smh, we are going to be hurting at OT.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talons

Jeffery will not be leaving unless he does something crazy.
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Fish is not on scholarship.

This sucks. I heard he showed some good signs. I believe he was on the 2 deep early this year when Gibson was out.

If Robinson and Shell leave early we could really struggle at OT next year.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I'm hearing that Kendrick Salley may be next.

We may be closer to that 25 number than we all thought. With all the people leaving and for the draft
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
smh, we are going to be hurting at OT.

Yep, he had an impressive offer sheet when he signed with us. I was hoping he was going to be a good one.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Is Naty Rodgers going to play at tackle next year? Or are we planning on leaving him at gaurd?

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Idk if the staff can pull it off, but they need to get Jordan Prestwood on a OV, ASAP.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Idk if the staff can pull it off, but they need to get Jordan Prestwood on a OV, ASAP.
C2 (or others; I know some have already posted): which underclassmen do you see leaving/declaring after this season? I don't think the O-Line is going to be hit as hard as everyone else does. I'm sure we'll lose one (Robinson or Shell, maybe) but I don't think it's going to be decimated. Could also see Kelcy coming back.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
C2 (or others; I know some have already posted): which underclassmen do you see leaving/declaring after this season? I don't think the O-Line is going to be hit as hard as everyone else does. I'm sure we'll lose one (Robinson or Shell, maybe) but I don't think it's going to be decimated. Could also see Kelcy coming back.
Like I said earlier, I see a good many guys leaving, either for the draft or to play elsewhere.
Clowney (no brainer there), Hampton, Quarles, Cann, Robinson or Shell for the draft (I honestly hope Shell stays..I think we can find a better pass blocker at LT).

As far as guys leaving...of course Vonashek...Salley or Carson at RB.
KJ Brent at WR
Deon Green at DT
Maybe Matulis, though his departure may be more for health reasons, all depends on how his shoulder heals.

I would've said Gibson, but with the chance of Shell or Robinson leaving, I'd imagine Gibson would be a favorite to take one of those spots.

I think 10 leaving early with our small senior class.
Shamier Jeffery I'm a little mixed over...he had a great game against Arkansas, but has been silent...but he has so much athletic potential I can't see the staff running him off...the only way he leaves is if HE chooses to.)
Two-time National Champs

Old 10-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Like I said earlier, I see a good many guys leaving, either for the draft or to play elsewhere.
Clowney (no brainer there), Hampton, Quarles, Cann, Robinson or Shell for the draft (I honestly hope Shell stays..I think we can find a better pass blocker at LT).

As far as guys leaving...of course Vonashek...Salley or Carson at RB.
KJ Brent at WR
Deon Green at DT
Maybe Matulis, though his departure may be more for health reasons, all depends on how his shoulder heals.

I would've said Gibson, but with the chance of Shell or Robinson leaving, I'd imagine Gibson would be a favorite to take one of those spots.

I think 10 leaving early with our small senior class.
Shamier Jeffery I'm a little mixed over...he had a great game against Arkansas, but has been silent...but he has so much athletic potential I can't see the staff running him off...the only way he leaves is if HE chooses to.)
Yeah, my hope is that Shamier sticks around and has a breakout year next year. Hopefully he finishes strong this season. So much potential, as you said.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #19
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
True...but we already have an idea of some of the attrition.
Clowney, Cann, Quarles and Hampton will probably all leave early...and Shell and Robinson could leave early.

And we may have a few guys asked to leave if it is their third year in the program and probably won't contribute (K.J. Brent, Patrick Fish, Shon Carson Shamier Jeffery, Deon Green, Mike Matulis)

I honestly think we will have 11 underclassman leave along with Patrick, Shaw, Sutton and Legree.
I'm not into recruiting as most of you are but I have been puzzled by why we are only recruiting 15. I thought we gave up 3 scholarships each for three years. Is that wrong and if not how come we are not bringing in more? It seems like at some point there is going to be a depth issue.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

We only have. 4 seniors. Our total has to be at 82 for next year I believe.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote