CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
PageUSC
ACPhilson
The Yancey
KaneisAble
taylorssc
gadeneer1986
GamecockSuperFan
HBC Weekly Presser (2106)
Thompson Has Neck In (1508)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1065)
4th & 1 Play (934)
Kentucky prediction (637)
Just Booked my Hotel (546)
So What? (478)
Bad Week For Upstate (354)
Jeopardy: USC and th (275)
Travis Bell's Photos (222)
What fish do you eat
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Just Booked my Hotel for
Kentucky prediction
State talent drying up
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Best position coach or co
Really excited to visit t
QB Recruiting Strategy
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201

Old 10-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws
Default The Mizzou hype-machine

Mizzou went thru the first 4 weeks without playing a conference opponent. I would say their schedule was easy but that's an understatement

The first 4 games were as followed:

vs Murray St
vs Toledo
@ Indiana
vs Arkansas St

What a joke

They then went on the road and beat a Vandy team by 3 tds. Again... not exactly a "test"

As luck would have it they went on the road and played UGA. UGA is a top 5 team when healthy. Without their 3 starting WR's and 2 starting RB's they are not. Mizzou gets the W. ESPN begins to build them up.

The next week... once again... they get Florida team that offensively is a disaster. With Florida without their starting qb and rb Mizzou gets the win. The hypemachine is complete.

No one talk about the first joke that was 5 games. No one talks about how UGA was depleted. All the talk is about how Pinkel is a COY candidate and Mizzou is the best team in the East.

Im not sold and neither should anyone else be. Mizzou will be shut up after this weekend and I really believe it will be in a convincing matter. After we win we will not get props. The talking heads will continue to talk about how the "East is in shambles" or "The East is down" etc...

They are not a top 5 team and it will show Saturday
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb
Default Re: The Mizzou hype-machine

I wish I shared your optimism, and I realllly hope you're right, but......
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

They beat Vandy by 3 TDs...we beat them by 10 points.

transitive mode engage
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
raptorcox
Insert Witty Custom Title

Male

raptorcox is learning to peck
Send a message via Yahoo to raptorcox

Trap game for Mizzou

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

raptorcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Just curious if you have watched them play or are just going off of what it looks like on paper.

I watched both the Uga game and Florida game and Missouri is a damn good football team. I think they are the best team we will play all season.

1. Their defensive line is very impressive
2. Their quick hit passing game is not a good matchup for us because it requires good linebacker play
3. Maty Mauck actually didn't look that great against Florida but he doesn't have to be great because his receivers can get balls that would go incomplete normally. Think multiple Alshon type of receivers on one team. I am willing to bet you right now that they have at least one TD where their receiver just grabs it over the head of Vic or Legree.

We can win this game but I don't think Mizzou is overhyped.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

We went straight into conference play our 2nd game. Mizz had 4 cupcake games to warm up for a SEC.opp. Then 3 very banged up SEC opp. They should play well they have had 7 warm up games . But they are going to hit a wall this weekend. GO COCKS !!!!
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Mizzou is a much, much improved team this year. I haven't been overly impressed with them outside the Florida game. However, after putting up 500 yards of offense against a very stout Florida defense you'd have to be a fool not to give Missouri a lot of credit.

The possess serious matchup problems for us, especially in the secondary. The key to the game for us is to eliminate turnovers, and find a way to establish the run. If we can run on them early it'll open up the passing game for Dylan and give us our best opportunity to keep their offense off the field.

Their offense is very comparable to UGA's offense when healthy, and they shredded us. I wish it wasn't on the road, but it is what it is.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
mizzouwaltz
Walk On

Male

mizzouwaltz is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cock View Post
Mizzou went thru the first 4 weeks without playing a conference opponent. I would say their schedule was easy but that's an understatement

vs Murray St
vs Toledo
@ Indiana
vs Arkansas St

What a joke

They then went on the road and beat a Vandy team by 3 tds. Again... not exactly a "test"

As luck would have it they went on the road and played UGA. UGA is a top 5 team when healthy. Without their 3 starting WR's and 2 starting RB's they are not. Mizzou gets the W. ESPN begins to build them up.

The next week... once again... they get Florida team that offensively is a disaster. With Florida without their starting qb and rb Mizzou gets the win. The hypemachine is complete.

No one talk about the first joke that was 5 games. No one talks about how UGA was depleted. All the talk is about how Pinkel is a COY candidate and Mizzou is the best team in the East.

Im not sold and neither should anyone else be. Mizzou will be shut up after this weekend and I really believe it will be in a convincing matter. After we win we will not get props. The talking heads will continue to talk about how the "East is in shambles" or "The East is down" etc...

On the other hand, you have:

UNC
UGA
UCF
Kentucky
Vandy
Arkansas
Tennessee..

hardly a murderer's row.
mizzouwaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

I agree and disagree...You're right they've had a very favorable schedule so far with 4 easy OOC teams, Vanderbilt, and banged up Georgia and Florida. However they have looked very good dominating a weak schedule so far.

When you look at it, this really is a huge trap game for them. Missouri is being hyped up incredibly, in the Top 5. South Carolina is being dogged, and ranked a lot lower. This game has all the intangibles of a South Carolina win. Now it's South Carolina's job to make it happen.

Last edited by Spurrier Fan; 10-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzouwaltz View Post

UNC
UGA
UCF
Kentucky
Vandy
Arkansas
Tennessee..

hardly a murderer's row.

You got to hand to the enemy when they get it right. Personally I don't think this game will be close...and we will come out on the low end of the deal. Hope I'm wrong.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

regardless of what you think of their schedule, MU won those games. If they weren't good or really good they wouldn't have beaten UGA in Athens nor would they have followed it up with a whipping over UF. I think it's pretty impressive.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
GwinnettCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GwinnettCock is learning to peckGwinnettCock is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cock View Post

vs Murray St
vs Toledo
@ Indiana
vs Arkansas St

What a joke

Yea, they beat two severely beaten up teams in Georgia and Florida.

We need to line up and run it right down their throats.
GwinnettCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Mizzou has been more impressive than us this year. Seriously, what have we done that outshines Mizzou? Why do some people feel we deserve to be thought of as better than them? I don't understand. These are the same people who thought we would destroy UGA and UT.

I like the optimism and confidence but I respect what Mizzou has done up to this point. I don't think they're top 5 but top 10 yes.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

mizzou beating UF like they did was not fluke.. i thought even if mizzou did when it would be a close low scoring game... mizzou blew them out
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzouwaltz View Post

UNC
UGA
UCF
Kentucky
Vandy
Arkansas
Tennessee..

hardly a murderer's row.
UNC, inconsistent team, gets knocked out by ECU, but comes down to the wire against the U

UGA, you guys got a banged up UGA, the second week UGA probably would of beat ya.

UCF, Has taken out a BCS school Penn St., and took out #8 Louisville that also blew UF out of the water last year.

Kentucky, I'll give ya that they are on par with Toledo

Vandy, turning to be an ok team, and you guys beat them pretty well.

Arkansas, Another team that I thought was decent, but they can't keep it up. USC, and BAMA beat em bad.

Tennessee., UT is the dark horse this year it seems. Should give Mizzou a good game, and with there tendency to knock out players, Probably 3 WR and your second String QB will have season ending knee injuries. Watchout for your first loss here.

If you guys take care of business against USC, and then go on to Dominate UT. I will know you guys are for real, and I look forward to your team possibly facing BAMA in the SECCG both being undefeated. Then I'll hope you guys give them hell, and represent the East.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Mizzou has a message board with a thread about this very conversation

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missour...ssage=11218533
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post

I always love how fans of schools take things and turn them around to get fired up.

In this entire thread there is only one person that is calling them overhyped. ONE!

Yet you go to that thread and Beakerbash KC (the person who started the thread) says "sums up what SC fans think about Mizzou"

That post doesn't sum up anything about what SC fans think. It sums up what ONE SC fan thinks.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
rubber
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rubber has hatched from the shell

OP...If you are convinced that your analysis is spot on, put your cash on the line and take the points. I will be the first to applaud you after the time has expired from the game clock, and you find yourself in the money.
rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #19
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post

Boards like that make me forever grateful for CT
Old 10-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Completely agree they are not a Top 5 team. I would put them in the 16-18 range. Vegas knows this, which is why the line is -3....basically home field advantage.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote