CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
Gyle41386
MisterClowney
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 10-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Do you think Mike Davis breaks 1000 yards rushing tonight?

I personally think he does. He only needs 121 yards, and I think he can get that easy.

*I'm also a stats guy, so this kind of thing intrigues me.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you think Mike Davis breaks 1000 yards rushing tonight?

would be very nice
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
doccock
Super Doc

Male

CockyCash: 500
doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Yes. I think he needs at least that for us to be in the game.
doc
Old 10-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

I think he gets 150+

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Birdwatcher
Walk On

Birdwatcher is learning to peckBirdwatcher is learning to peck

Unless he comes in at below his season average, 125.6 ypg, he should cruise.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

"YeYuh"-Dave Mustain
Old 10-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

He's going to break 1000 yards, some bones, and your face. LET HIM EAT.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
USCFan17
Walk On

USCFan17 is learning to peck

I was wondering if anybody else notices that he looks to the sidelines for a breather and gets waved back on. I am concerned that this could lead to an injury.
USCFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Yep! No doubt in my mind with Patrick due back. Also he will see more like 25+ carries to keep Mauk and DGB off the field.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
He's going to break 1000 yards, some bones, and your face. LET HIM EAT.
The one thing you left out is the will of the Muzzou D!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #11
jtown86
Walk On

Male

jtown86 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCFan17 View Post
I was wondering if anybody else notices that he looks to the sidelines for a breather and gets waved back on. I am concerned that this could lead to an injury.
^^^^
This right here. guess I wasnt the only one who noticed this the past 2 games. He has done this and the coaches send him right back out. Not sure what the coaches be thinking but they know things we dont. But IMO we are going to have to spare him in this game with carson to keep him fresh for the 4th if we are leading, this killed us in UT not being able to pound the ball effectively in the fourth.
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown86 View Post
^^^^
This right here. guess I wasnt the only one who noticed this the past 2 games. He has done this and the coaches send him right back out. Not sure what the coaches be thinking but they know things we dont. But IMO we are going to have to spare him in this game with carson to keep him fresh for the 4th if we are leading, this killed us in UT not being able to pound the ball effectively in the fourth.
That is the problem, Carson just isn't a reliable enough option, especially in a game as big as this one. The coaches have no faith in him apparently. If Kenny Miles were still here, or if Brandon Wilds wasn't hurt we could have an effective fresh set of legs. I think if we want to win this game, we could possibly see David William's Redshirt burned. He is a freshman, but he is reliable.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

It would be fantastic to have Brandon in there with Mike. We must be sure Mike gets his yardage today. I want more media attention for him.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

I think the only person that can stop Mike Davis from crossing the 1,000 yard mark tonight is the HBC. Hopefully he gives him lots of carries tonight.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

davis needs more carries this game.
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Run off tackle and guard all night against this small D line and we win this game. Try to throw and match score for score, we may lose.

Mickey D will have 150+ today if we run between the tackles.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
Run off tackle and guard all night against this small D line and we win this game. Try to throw and match score for score, we may lose.

Mickey D will have 150+ today if we run between the tackles.
Yep, we need to play some smash mouth football. I-form, up the gut with some play action mixed in.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

I love Davis and think he's close to having the best season a RB for us has ever had (regardless of stats)...But I just don't think he's the type to tote it 25-30+ times like Lattimore or Big George which in turn, I think hurts his stats. I really wish we would give it to him 30 times and see if he could handle it. He's a tough runner but seems to need a breather more often than say Lattimore. Really wish we had a healthy Wilds. Maybe we'll line up in the I and run it 40+ times with our RB's.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

If he gets even just half way decent blocking he can get 1000, may not win but he could get it. Hopefully, he can get a lot of yards and eat clock and we score TD's. Keep their offense off the field.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Wow a thousand yards in one game. Man I don't know. Just kidding...yes I think he gets his yards.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote