CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
uscjeremynca
Acockolypse Now
b381l
MACXIMVS
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
Lonnie
Spurticus
auslander
Blake McClain (1265)
What ever happened t (1109)
Backup QB competitio (752)
Fall Camp. (637)
2014 Preseason USA T (473)
Ranking the SEC Fema (405)
This is why I gave u (392)
Clowney's Madden Rat (390)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (316)
Ebola Outbreak (301)
Backup QB competition
2014 Preseason USA Today/
Green and Lammons
2014-15 Premier League se
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Ole Miss announces name f
What ever happened to Phi
Tennessee
Clemson, Auburn home and
Away game ticket requests

Old 10-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Give credit where its due...

1) Shaw, you are the man.

2) CLOWNEY and QUARLES. Holy Crap, those two played possessed tonight and were constantly in the backfield. Dont forget about those two guys.

3) Coaching Staff...nah. They dont deserve shit in my books. They coached a bad game, but at least SOS had the smarts to put Shaw in. I still think we are a horribly coached team, but that one move by SOS was enough to negate 3 quarters of Vanilla Play Calling and Bad Coaching all around. So give them some credit I guess.

Just calling it like I see it.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Give credit where its due...

We definitely need to be better coached but it is probably the learning curve for the young guys.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

The team also needs to hit the weight room HARD this off season. Gotta get stronger and heavier at certain positions
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I don't think we made great calls all night but drops and fumbles were not the coaches fault. Also they scored at least 36 in every game and got 17 in regulation.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

I thought our defense played pretty well. They gave up some big plays but the offense did NOT help them out for the majority of the game. Proud of them.
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
STACT
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
STACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his claws

SHAW ..... He's the toughest sob I've ever seen ...
Old 10-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
STACT
Walk On

Male

STACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his claws

Yeah def awesome def evening too
Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #8
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STACT View Post
SHAW ..... He's the toughest sob I've ever seen ...

Right on. I used to think Garcia was a tough SOB...hell, he doesnt compare to Shaw. I think if Shaw has his arms broken, a leg cut off at the knee, and his neck snapped, an eye dangling out of the socket, he says to the coach, " PUT ME IN GODDAMMIT".
Old 10-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #9
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

our D has matured tremendously. i was (admittedly) unnecessarily critical of them, but they've stepped it up big time...esp LBs.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #10
uscbrasco
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 510
uscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spurs

Not sure how it was a bad coached game. We rolled up 500 yards of offense and held them to ~300 yards outside of one play.
uscbrasco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post

2) CLOWNEY and QUARLES. Holy Crap, those two played possessed tonight and were constantly in the backfield. Dont forget about those two guys.

3) Coaching Staff...nah. They dont deserve shit in my books. They coached a bad game, but at least SOS had the smarts to put Shaw in. I still think we are a horribly coached team, but that one move by SOS was enough to negate 3 quarters of Vanilla Play Calling and Bad Coaching all around. So give them some credit I guess.

1) And that's really the only thing that needs to be said.

2) Quarles has got some heart in him too. Clowney played big but he looked big too. Sometimes looked like he was swallowing people.

3) Spurrier started dialing up some plays near the end. Defense was spotty. How many times can they run that same run play and get big yards. I do think the players themselves are playing better. Besides that big td they played good.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #12
phdnumbaone
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 572
phdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spurs

Golightly celebrates wayyyy too much.
phdnumbaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Shaw deserves all the credit in the world. He is our QB, and if he hasn't earned the respect of the fans by now, he just won't.

Also, I have to give some credit to Davis. The guy came back and played well despite two humiliating fumbles in crucial situations.

Can't say he deserves MVP or anything close to it, but the guy did what he was supposed to do: you come back and make things right. He sacrificed himself all the way until the end after that second fumble.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #14
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Credit
Shaw, Bruce, and the D (Save a couple plays).
Minor credits for supporting cast as well.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
cockyness11
4-Star

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

Shaw is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen play the game... I think he was knocked out at one point in this game for a couple seconds... The first sack they got on him you could see when he went down his arms locked up and if you have ever seen someone get knocked out, their body locks up just like his did... I think his head slammed into the ground and that is what caused it.. He is one tough kid and he def put an exclamation mark on it tonight... Dylan wasn't playing that bad at all, but he wasn't able to make that one big play to push the momentum to our favor, mostly cause of over throws and very bad play calling... Every check that Spurrier put us in every play was horrible.. We weren't exploiting anything of what their defense was giving us.. Luckily Shaw started to by throwing into deep center of that cover two instead of always throwing toward the sidelines!!!
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #16
Kuhn
Starter

Male

Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdnumbaone View Post
Its flat embarrassing. Be a tough tackler or a cheerleader with pom poms. Make up your mind. Its really on the coaches to tell him to walk the walk first. I call him Golightlytotheblocker.

Back to the op. I will never bash Shaw again. What cajones!
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewster
I thought our defense played pretty well. They gave up some big plays but the offense did NOT help them out for the majority of the game. Proud of them.
This! For three quarters, we couldn't find a way to get ANY points. They held up and put us in position for the rally! Not to mention after Mizzou basically walked in for six in the first over time, the nutted up for that second series! Could not be happier for our team and our fan base right now! Whoooo

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #18
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Connor Shaw put this team on his back and willed the win. You could see something in his eyes when he was in there. The OL gave him time when he needed it, I really wish they would have kept him a bit cleaner. He took some shots, and bounced right back up.

Missed tackles and dropped balls have already cost us one game that we should have won, and almost cost us another one.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #19
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post

1 and 2 Yep..3...not So much...the dame coaches making bad calls...were the same making great call at the end...it's about execution.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #20
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdnumbaone View Post
yes very annoying
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote