CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1689)
10-2 (1679)
UK promoting a black (1576)
Four UK Players Susp (1047)
Coach Gaines: " (991)
Time for a new coach (954)
I Was Dealing With T (767)
Build a New Stadium (663)
Connor Shaw's fault. (662)
Since everyone loves (513)
How much $$ would you lit
Connor Mitch
400 pasing yards
Four UK Players Suspended
UK promoting a blackout f
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Build a New Stadium
Coach Gaines: "Not m
Maty Mauk tries to take o
Funny?

Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material
Default Ranking?

So... beating the # team in the nation... Where do you guys think we will go?

Being 21st now, Unfortunately we wont get to the top 10. But I am hoping maybe the top 15..

I'd love to see 15th.

What will hurt us is that we did it in 2OT, so that may hurt our ranking a bit.

What do you all think?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ranking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
So... beating the # team in the nation... Where do you guys think we will go?

Being 21st now, Unfortunately we wont get to the top 10. But I am hoping maybe the top 15..

I'd love to see 15th.

What will hurt us is that we did it in 2OT, so that may hurt our ranking a bit.

What do you all think?
Honestly, I'll be surprised if we're higher than about 17. I'm not one of the ones who believes there's a conspiracy against us, but I must admit it seems like other teams have been greatly rewarded for winning certain games this year and not getting "punished" for eeking out wins against inferior opponents while we have been punished and not rewarded for winning.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Honestly, I'll be surprised if we're higher than about 17. I'm not one of the ones who believes there's a conspiracy against us, but I must admit it seems like other teams have been greatly rewarded for winning certain games this year and not getting "punished" for eeking out wins against inferior opponents while we have been punished and not rewarded for winning.
We haven't been impressive this year, other teams have. And even though Mizzou was #5, they weren't a "respected" #5...I doubt we'll jump anyone. That has less to do with peoples perception of us than it does with their perception of Missouri.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

15 or 16
Old 10-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

OT wont hurt us, since it was against the #5 team and a road game. I think we hit 14.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
The O.G.
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Knowing the nuttiness of the pollsters this year, wouldn't surprise me if SC dropped in the polls, for a "unconvincing win".
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #7
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

back to 11th mark it down
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #8
gamecockgal

Female

gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post

I have to admit I didn't understand why Clemson only dropped to #9 when they were pummeled by FSU while we dropped to #21 on a last second loss.
No, I don't think there is a conspiracy, but it seemed pretty stupid to me.

Looks like VT, UCLA, and Texas Tech lost above us (and obviously Mizzou) with Stanford and Fresno State not complete yet. So there was not a big shakeup in the top 25 this week.

That may not work to our favor, either.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Miami should be 21 or 22. They actually suck. climpsin is way overrated, drop their asses to 18 or 19.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #10
ffstreetdoc
Walk On

Male

ffstreetdoc has hatched from the shell

It was typical Clemson luck that kept them in the top 10, remember that 4 other teams in the top 10 below them also lost. Had those teams won, cu would have dropped out of the top 10.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
gamecockgal

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
Miami should be 21 or 22. They actually suck. climpsin is way overrated, drop their asses to 18 or 19.

As much as I think both of them *ARE* overrated.. unfortunately they both won, albeit barely for Miami and just in the 4th quarter for Clemson, so they will continue to be overrated.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #12
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

We should go back to #11 IMO.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
gamecockgal

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
We should go back to #11 IMO.

Maybe we should, but we won't, the pollsters won't jump anyone up 10 spots..
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Baylor will be ranked before Clemson.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #15
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Just gotta TCB back at the Brice for the last 4 games, and we end up with a nice ranking. Who cares what it is tomorrow. Hopefully, it's good though. Pride, I suffer from it too.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #16
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his comb

Ranking is completely irrelevant right now. We aren't going to be playing for the National Title. It is all about getting to Atlanta. I want us to stay ranked just to keep our streak of consecutive weeks of being ranked alive, but other than that, really doesn't matter where. We will win out from here.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #17
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
We haven't been impressive this year, other teams have. And even though Mizzou was #5, they weren't a "respected" #5...I doubt we'll jump anyone. That has less to do with peoples perception of us than it does with their perception of Missouri.
My bigger issue has been with us falling in the polls just because of close wins. Miami had to come from behind (10 points I think) to beat UNC last week, but they moved up. They came from behind again today to beat Wake Forest, but I bet they'll move up again. I kind of understand them moving up last week just because so many teams in the top ten lost, but I think it would be wrong for them to move up again this week for pulling out another squeaker.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #18
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #19
gamecockgal

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyinVA View Post
Ranking is completely irrelevant right now. We aren't going to be playing for the National Title. It is all about getting to Atlanta. I want us to stay ranked just to keep our streak of consecutive weeks of being ranked alive, but other than that, really doesn't matter where. We will win out from here.

I know that you are right.. and in all honestly, it would probably be better if we weren't ranked high cause that is a BIG target on your team, but you have to admit that it feels nice to tell people that hey, my gamecocks are ranked in the top 20 or top 15 or even top 10.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #20
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
ish
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote