CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
When did it change ? (201)
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Juco QBs?
2016 - Issac Nauta
Just started playing &quo
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 10-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Joe Tessitore!!!

I was too excited to realize it at the time but after replaying the final kick Mr. Tessitore yells "OHHHH NOOOO" in shock and sadness that Mizzu lost. I really hope we never get Matt & Joe as announcers ever again.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Joe Tessitore!!!

To be fair, Tessitore has shown us lots of love before.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
usc51
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

The best part is hearing Matt Millen yell "OHHHH YES!" right after that.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Yeah I noticed that afterwards too.

They were not good announcers and did everything they could to build up Missouri. Even in OT
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
vibesmoother
Throwin F-Bombs in 506

Male

vibesmoother is making other chickens nervousvibesmoother is making other chickens nervousvibesmoother is making other chickens nervousvibesmoother is making other chickens nervousvibesmoother is making other chickens nervousvibesmoother is making other chickens nervousvibesmoother is making other chickens nervous

Agree.

I usually think that bashing on announcers for being bias is just projection, but he and Matt were stroking Mizzou hardcore tonight. Sometimes it is just too obvious (i.e. Gary Danielson for ALA, Orel for the CWS, etc.).
vibesmoother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc51 View Post
The best part is hearing Matt Millen yell "OHHHH YES!" right after that.
that was the only good thing to come out of Millen's mouth all night...in fact probably the only good thing to ever come out of his mouth
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I was too excited to realize it at the time but after replaying the final kick Mr. Tessitore yells "OHHHH NOOOO" in shock and sadness that Mizzu lost. I really hope we never get Matt & Joe as announcers ever again.
I didn't hear it that way at all. I thought he was very fair all night.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, he was probably just as shocked as us.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
agreed....I think he was just shocked that the guy missed basically an extra point....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Still couldn't deal with his yelling the entire game. Had to turn my surround sound off because he couldn't keep his panties dry.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

I thought Tess was great. Millen was poo.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #12
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Do you guys realize that these guys "bias" is pushed by whoever ESPN or any chosen network wants to push? Mizzou was a feel good story, "new kid in the SEC is gonna make a run"...Push them....Thats all there is to it. They dont even know a thing about these teams until they are sent game film before the game, and told what/who to watch for, and what to talk about.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Do you guys realize that these guys "bias" is pushed by whoever ESPN or any chosen network wants to push? Mizzou was a feel good story, "new kid in the SEC is gonna make a run"...Push them....Thats all there is to it. They dont even know a thing about these teams until they are sent game film before the game, and told what/who to watch for, and what to talk about.
Pretty much this. ESPN was all over Carolina in the off season and even the first few games of this year, even up until last week's loss. Mizzou was undefeated and #5 in the country and they were supposed to talk them up.

I think Matt Millen is a lousy announcer, but I love Joe Tessitore. At least we didn't have Sean McDonough, Carter Blackburn, or the crew from CBS.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

I just couldn't deal with Madden and Loud mouth last night. Too much for my ears.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Yeah, first thing I thought was "what an a-hole" but after thinking about it he was probably just shocked too.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I think that Michael Sam was making incredible tackles after the game according to them

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Still couldn't deal with his yelling the entire game. Had to turn my surround sound off because he couldn't keep his panties dry.
Yeah I think he thought he was calling an NWA match. The dude was annoying as hell. Plus his man crush on Mauk was a bit much.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Big Game Joe Tess is the man. Love him.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
nickerous
Recruit

nickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spurs

Make sure to check out the replay tonight to hear the radio call...at least every other replay I've watched this year had the radio audio.
nickerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #20
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

He blows. His fake dramatic voice is annoying as hell. Sorry not a fan
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote