CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetBlack&Blue
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
cockthehammer
Kyle76
ra742002
ccured
The Yancey
Kaka
Blackland
Gamecock football Lo (2239)
Mike Davis "dou (2082)
The Demise of the 3- (1405)
Gamecocks D staff re (1364)
Pirate Depth Chart (1002)
Past SEC Champions w (970)
who thinks we need a (960)
Reginald Bowens (692)
East Carolina Predic (690)
Why didn't Wes Green (658)
Did we ever go after Kenn
MLS almost ready for play
The Demise of the 3-4
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecocks claimed and re-
What would be your defini
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Mike Davis "doubtful
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction

Old 10-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default I know it's all about Shaw, but Dylan played well...

Well enough to keep us in the game... remember Davis fumbled twice and when he was about to go into the endzone. Legree also missed the easy pick..... Dylan was in the same statistic range as Mauk but with the INT and not the TD Mauk had. Props to Dylan as well. I will eat my crow... I was so wrong and called all the Gamecock fans picking us to win crazy.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: I know it's all about Shaw, but Dylan played well...

I don't think so, if he played well enough, we don't need to enter OT
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Well enough to keep us in the game... remember Davis fumbled twice and when he was about to go into the endzone. Legree also missed the easy pick..... Dylan was in the same statistic range as Mauk but with the INT and not the TD Mauk had. Props to Dylan as well. I will eat my crow... I was so wrong and called all the Gamecock fans picking us to win crazy.

The two Davis fumbles killed all momentum. The ESPN announcer described them as "disasterous". The entire stadium was stunned at the seemingly casual way Davis fumbled knowing he was going into a pile with the best DL in the SEC.
ONLY changing QBs enabled USC to win. Dylan was put into a situation where he had to press if he were to win. It was Davis who determined the 1st half outcome not Dylan. It was Dylan moving USC down the field which wore down Mizzou late in the 4th quarter.

Nobody can become a NFL RB doing what Davis did in the 1st half.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
I don't think so, if he played well enough, we don't need to enter OT
I don't think that's entirely fair. At one point they showed the stats and Dylan had 222 yards and Mauk had 223. The difference was Dylan's INT and Davis' fumble which led to the subsequent play of the 96 yard TD pass by Mauk.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

This is why in the offseason I laugh at everyone who says a 2 QB system won't work, yadda yadda yadda. It's for reasons just like this. Dylan played well, but the spark Shaw brought apparently was exactly what the offense needed.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Win at all costs "Connor or Dylan?" I'm not disparaging Dylan. But damn, which of them would you want hunting you down.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
rubber
4-Star

Male

rubber has hatched from the shell

Dylan played well...what game were you watching?????
rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Dylan has some huge fundamental flaws that showed last night that need fixed this Spring especially with his footwork. I think it got worse as the game went on. But he did throw some beautiful balls when he got going and his night could've been much better without those Davis turnovers. He still should be the starter going into next year but he has work to do next Spring.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb

biggest problem I saw with DT last night is the almost complete disregard for mid-range passes. It was either a dink or a bomb. We all love it when the bombs are complete, but NO ONE completes all the deep throws. He has to find a comfort level with the 10-15 yard balls. That was the difference between him and Shaw last night
Old 10-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Best thing about last night was Dylan experienced a bad team game on the road and we still won. That should be great experience for him going forward because I feel he also got worse as it went on, probably pressing...that jumping bomb INT was abysmal. But no QB is perfect. We are fortunate to have these two guys and DT will be an awesome starter for us next year.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Shaw owns Mizzou.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

I respect DT and have watched him have some amazing games. Last night wasn't one of them. Chucking and hoping don't make for the best outcome...
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Stats don't always tell the tale. Many overthrown balls. He did not look as crisp UAE I expected given a full week of practice. At least not as sharp as we have seen him in the past. To me he looked like a guy who just came off the bench a bit rusty. I think we see the importance of Shaw's health
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Statistics don't always tell the compete story. Thompson was off last night and fumbles aside the offense just didn't look crisp when he was in there. His accuracy leads a lot to be desired and as C2 said above that has a lot to do with his mechanics.

There is also a distinct difference in stats when one QB turns the ball over and the other doesn't.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #15
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21358950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Dylan's footwork was bad much of the night. He was sailing his passes. It happens.

He'll adjust. All is well.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i thought he looked alright out there but we couldnt keep stop shooting ourselves in the foot. we moved the ball while he was in there, but we'd make a mistake or we'd miss some plays we should have made. obviously that includes him as well.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I am interested to get me4usc's thoughts on the game and thoughts on the play of each QB.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Shaw is a leader. Dylan isn't...yet.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Statistics don't always tell the compete story. Thompson was off last night and fumbles aside the offense just didn't look crisp when he was in there. His accuracy leads a lot to be desired and as C2 said above that has a lot to do with his mechanics.

There is also a distinct difference in stats when one QB turns the ball over and the other doesn't.
In fairness to him, we got the dropsies again on a few balls last night and the line turned 'em loosed a couple of times also.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21358950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
In fairness to him, we got the dropsies again on a few balls last night and the line turned 'em loosed a couple of times also.
There's no doubt. There were several bad drops early. Could've been a different game but..doesn't matter!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote