CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
Gyle41386
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 10-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Chappy
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Chappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his claws
Default Observations while at the game

1. I am in the military...I would go to war with General Shaw anytime....what a leader/warrior
2. We could very easily gone into half up 14. Legree could have possibly had a pick six but dropped it. They scored on the next series. Davis's fumble at the goal was costly. They scored on the next rotation.
3. There where some very questionable calls that even the Mizzou fans around me were questioning.
4. Our team seemed to bond in an amazing way.
5. The Mizzou fans were the most hospitable, nicest people I have seen. Several invited us to tailgate with them. They were even nice AFTER the game. All class!
6. 4th and 15 occurred right in front of me...unbelievable!

We played through injuries, bad calls, mistakes and got a huge victory on national TV. I am proud to be a gamecock and will remember this one forever!
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Observations while at the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
1. I am in the military...I would go to war with General Shaw anytime....what a leader/warrior
2. We could very easily gone into half up 14. Legree could have possibly had a pick six but dropped it. They scored on the next series. Davis's fumble at the goal was costly. They scored on the next rotation.
3. There where some very questionable calls that even the Mizzou fans around me were questioning.
5. The Mizzou fans were the most hospitable, nicest people I have seen. Several invited us to tailgate with them. They were even nice AFTER the game. All class!

We played through injuries, bad calls, mistakes and got a huge victory on national TV. I am proud to be a gamecock and will remember this one forever!
WOW....can't imagine being there to see that game! I've heard they are classy fans. Glad you had a great experience all around!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I have a good friend that went to the game, he said their fans were the best he has ever been around...
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 230
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Agree about the fans, the most friendly, hospitable in the SEC.

ultimatetailgater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

What's the deal with fans jingling keys in the first quarter?
Old 10-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

I agree that we could have been up by 14 at the half, at least. But I'm happy the game turned out like it did. I feel like it was a big character building opportunity for the kids by giving them adversity and making them overcome it. Builds cohesion and really lets each unit know they can count on each other.
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Is it just me or does everyone dislike fans painting their bodies.
Mizzou seemed to have a bunch of that
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Yeah, and playing "hey, hey, goodbye."

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Is it just me or does everyone dislike fans painting their bodies.
Mizzou seemed to have a bunch of that
And did u see the students doing those "push-ups" after a score? Pathetic form...
Old 10-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
And did u see the students doing those "push-ups" after a score? Pathetic form...
Seems very Big Tenish to me.

Then again I'm from the side of our fan base that uses The Grove as measurement.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Yeah, and playing "hey, hey, goodbye."
Didn't notice that. I guess you ask to lose when you do this at the beginning of the game.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #13
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

It's those Midwest folks. Iowa fans were very cool and felt almost embarrassed how bad they beat us in that bowl game. MIZZOU fans are a class act for sure. Maybe they are normal, and we are just so used to asshat fans from ClemPson, UGA et al.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post

It means that it's a "KEY PLAY"...and Va Tech and several other schools do it. I think the Hokies claim they started it.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
Cobb864
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cobb864 has hatched from the shell

Yeah the Mizzou fans were great. I had the pleasure of getting to third base with two Mizzou girls yesterday. They have beautiful women!
Cobb864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
roosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
It means that it's a "KEY PLAY"...and Va Tech and several other schools do it. I think the Hokies claim they started it.
I always thought it meant get your car ready cause were sending you home.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
TheUniversityofSC
Recruit

Male

TheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his combTheUniversityofSC is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
You're supposed to do it to fans leaving the game early. Get out your car keys and go home.
TheUniversityofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
You're supposed to do it to fans leaving the game early. Get out your car keys and go home.
Basically my understanding as well... Typically done towards the end of the game when it's in hand and you wish to further humiliate the opposing/traveling fan base.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #19
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

We used to jingle our keys in the mid to late 80's. Not sure why it died out.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb864 View Post
Yeah the Mizzou fans were great. I had the pleasure of getting to third base with two Mizzou girls yesterday. They have beautiful women!
Got to score when you are on 3rd!