CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
elcid99
sporkgod50
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
auslander
conwaycock2
M.C.
davisd9
75CarolinaFan
catdaddy66
My predictions for 2 (942)
An Aggies View of th (915)
Tennessee (582)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (502)
Elcid99 (428)
Question on Student (415)
Clowney in Practice (375)
SEC Recruiting Advan (369)
Erin Murray's brothe (351)
Camp scheduled relea (300)
Elcid99
Tennessee
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
An Aggies View of the Mat
DirecTV
2015 Commitment - Davon D
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Question on Student Secti
Camp scheduled released

Old 10-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
CT's resident law student

Male

CockyCash: 500
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material
Default 16th in Coaches, 14th in AP

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...ll-ap/2013/10/

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...-usat/2013/10/

As a student at USC: Gamecocks record 40-25 (21-19)
GO COCKS!
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 16th in Coaches, 14th in AP

It's really academic at this point. If we win out, we will be a top ten team and could easily be a top 5 team.

We are back where we control most (not all) of our destiny.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

GamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spurs

If we win out, we'll be FLA, MISS St, Clemson, and 'bama. Sagarin's computer rates us #12 in the country with the #11 hardest schedule.

I guess there's a remote chance that we could cause the BCS to have to think about us for the championship game under those circumstances, if other teams lose. Hard to believe.
GamecockInPA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
rngd86
Banned

Male

rngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInPA View Post
If we win out, we'll be FLA, MISS St, Clemson, and 'bama. Sagarin's computer rates us #12 in the country with the #11 hardest schedule.

I guess there's a remote chance that we could cause the BCS to have to think about us for the championship game under those circumstances, if other teams lose. Hard to believe.
Sagarin has SC as #16. People never know how to read his rankings. You gotta look at ELO_PURE.

Are you really thinking that the BCS would think of SC for the BCS NCG with 2 losses? No chance.
rngd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:

Probably not with two losses
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
Probably not with two losses
I think he agrees with you. Probably not, but not impossible.

Duke got twice as many votes as Florida in the coaches poll. Never thought that would happen either.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

GamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngd86 View Post
Sagarin has SC as #16. People never know how to read his rankings. You gotta look at ELO_PURE.

Are you really thinking that the BCS would think of SC for the BCS NCG with 2 losses? No chance.
I said Sagarin, not the part used by BCS. We're 12th according to HIS rankings. I was aware that PURE_ELO (is this different from ELO_CHESS?) is the one used by BCS. I don't know who "people" are. Everyone besides you, I guess?

I said think of, not go with. Yes, I think it's possible that there will exist scenarios where we will be part of the conversation going into the SECCG. No, I don't think there's any way we actually get there.

If we win out and get to the SECCG, and Oregon and FSU and Ohio St and Baylor lose games , then you will see talking heads moving icons around on ESPN showing circumstances where the planets align and we move in. It won't happen, but it would be hilarious.
GamecockInPA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
It's really academic at this point. If we win out, we will be a top ten team and could easily be a top 5 team.

If we win out, we will definitely be a top 10 team, its gonna be hard to be top 5 with 2 losses, though it depends a lot on how the top teams beat each other up.

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Mizzou is still 10th in coaches and AP.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post

You're delusional if you're thinking a top 5 team.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
You're delusional if you're thinking a top 5 team.
We just beat a top 5 team. Its not delusional.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
We just beat a top 5 team. Its not delusional.
Yeah, its delusional.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
I said Sagarin, not the part used by BCS. We're 12th according to HIS rankings. I was aware that PURE_ELO (is this different from ELO_CHESS?) is the one used by BCS. I don't know who "people" are. Everyone besides you, I guess?

I said think of, not go with. Yes, I think it's possible that there will exist scenarios where we will be part of the conversation going into the SECCG. No, I don't think there's any way we actually get there.

If we win out and get to the SECCG, and Oregon and FSU and Ohio St and Baylor lose games , then you will see talking heads moving icons around on ESPN showing circumstances where the planets align and we move in. It won't happen, but it would be hilarious.
Lots of football left, but if we win out and Clemson doesn't lose another game until we beat them, that could be another win against a top 5 team.

Let's say we go to ATL and Bama is undefeated at #1, and we beat them.

Oregon has a loss, as does FSU, OSU and baylor. Man, that would be interesting. If oregon loses two games and the same scenario happens, it could be a Bama/ Cocks rematch in the Rose Bowl.

My bet at us winning the NC @ 33/1 is still alive!
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah, its delusional.
Ok OG triple og
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Lots of football left, but if we win out and Clemson doesn't lose another game until we beat them, that could be another win against a top 5 team.

Let's say we go to ATL and Bama is undefeated at #1, and we beat them.

Oregon has a loss, as does FSU, OSU and baylor. Man, that would be interesting. If oregon loses two games and the same scenario happens, it could be a Bama/ Cocks rematch in the Rose Bowl.

My bet at us winning the NC @ 33/1 is still alive!
I would certainly want to win that game. I think I would go insane after an SEC Title win. I just hope that when that day does come, I don't go well we won it all.. NOw what?

Oh yeah, lets do it again.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
The O.G.
Banned

Male

SC better watch out. I think Mizzou beats Ole Miss, but loses to A&M. It'd create a three way tie for the SEC East, but the higher BCS team goes. If Clemson beats SC, that'd sink SC in the polls and Mizzou would go.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Natty title is out of reach.

Sugar Bowl is very much in play, however, and would be amazing.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
The O.G.
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Natty title is out of reach.

Sugar Bowl is very much in play, however, and would be amazing.
I think, the only way SC gets into the Sugar Bowl is that they win out, though, I don't see them winning the SECCG.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
SC better watch out. I think Mizzou beats Ole Miss, but loses to A&M. It'd create a three way tie for the SEC East, but the higher BCS team goes. If Clemson beats SC, that'd sink SC in the polls and Mizzou would go.
I don't believe that is how it works. If there is a 3 tie it goes to divisional record and Mizzou would go because 1 of their 2 losses is not in the division. But if you are thinking a 3 way tie with 2 losses you are saying Auburn is gonna lose to UGA? Because if Auburn beats UGA there will be 3 way tie with 2 losses.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
UGA will lose at least one more SEC game... This won't be an issue