CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
B-G
gamecockgal
doubledribble
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
Has the window close (1126)
Bruce!!! (1034)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (759)
Kentucky is dominati (688)
Question for those w (620)
UFC Fight Night 58: (454)
**USC vs. Coker GAME (404)
Going to the Duck Bo (252)
2014 Subway Classic: (238)
This one gets better (221)
Has the window closed for
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Streaming nfl games
Going to the Duck Bowl?
Bruce!!!
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
My early Monday dinner .
Madden Connected Franchis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 10-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default So I'm watching the replay last night...

People wonder why ESPN will always be "The Worldwide Leader In Sports." Well I was watching the replay of our game last night on Fox Sports South and this was on my screen.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Red Devil
Starter

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs
Default Re: So I'm watching the replay last night...

That was on Fox Sport South's replay. Don't think it was ESPN's mistake.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
That was on Fox Sport South's replay. Don't think it was ESPN's mistake.
That's exactly what I just said....
Old 10-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
jca4usc
Bubber

Male

jca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his comb

I saw that, too. They had us playing UCF (again) and then had "Volunteers" on that banner for the whole first half of the replay. They got it corrected for the second half but it was weird to see.

Last edited by jca4usc; 10-28-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Corrected a fat-finger. D'OH!
jca4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

haha i saw that too. somebody just put the wrong graphic on there.

I can promise you, ESPN has had very similar (and worse) mistakes than this before ... they all do.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

But it wasn't ESPN it was Fox Sports that did it. People were so hyped that Fox Sports was going to compete with ESPN. That'll never happen if their sister station Fox Sports South can't even get the correct team and score right.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Why are there 3 areas to put points?
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

/\ the first is the quarter it says 1Q

Old 10-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1234
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Why are there 3 areas to put points?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
McLovin
Recruit

Male

McLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to McLovin

I'll give them a break on that I guess. They make up for it by syncing up the radio broadcast with the video which is WAY better than listening to Tessitore or Matt Millen or whoever get their Cheerios pissed in when dude missed that FG.

Still pretty funny.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
But it wasn't ESPN it was Fox Sports that did it. People were so hyped that Fox Sports was going to compete with ESPN. That'll never happen if their sister station Fox Sports South can't even get the correct team and score right.
So because a sister channel messes up 1 graphic on 1 game that means they have no chance?

Fox has the World Series, countless other championships, and the Super Bowl. They may not have the daily sports shows that everyone is use to (yet), but they definitely have the major sports events that everyone watches.

I'm not saying they're going to beat out ESPN tomorrow, but we should all hope somebody competes with ESPN. Competition leads to better product.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
No Curse
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

How did we do on the replay?
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

I like the fact they are using Todd & Tommy's play by play now.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #14
Cockyteg
Banned

Male

Cockyteg is learning to peck

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote