CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
l^l^lBGCock
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
NAGamecockFan
QCB
ScottK
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Texas athletic director:
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Thoughts on the basketbal
BAW

Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Clowney the Team player

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allac...sport=m-footbl

Alright so I will eat some crow here. Clowney has been a big part of the gamecocks. I think a lot of people here have been doubtful at times and criticized at times ( I know I have). Here is his interview. He looks like he is having fun and playing for the team. I think he knws at this point he is going to the NFL and will be drafted high. He seems to be playing without the world on his back and just for the team. He says he told KQ that he would get some sacks and he would just keep rushing em' and make them come to him.

Our Defense is starting to gel and have fun. If we keep this up we will be perfectly fine. My toast of the game goes to Shaw but I tip my hat to you SIR CLOWNEY.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney the Team player

Just happy he is happy.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Clowney still needs to learn to seal his edge. We are getting killed on his side on sweeps.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Clowney still needs to learn to seal his edge. We are getting killed on his side on sweeps.
This is why gap control is so vital. It prevents an attack on the edge by parking the DE just past the LOS for a moment as he locates the ball. It will be a skill needed for the next level I think.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Agreed. He also is taken so wide and deep on his pass rush he takes himself completely out of the play. Hate to be critical, but other players at his same position are making these plays. He is scary good when he's 100% into the game but his agression gets the better of him often.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote