CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
So Disappointed With (2383)
Rank the QBs under S (1636)
Back like cooked cra (1222)
Tennessee game (777)
Who start on the d l (687)
No Comments on the H (572)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (212)
Gameday parking in A (149)
No Comments on the Holes?
Tennessee game
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Texas athletic director:

Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
crockcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs
Default Please no more shotgun inside the 5...please!

Should be in I formation with McLaurrin, Davis, Wilds, Carson.....some kind of combination with two of these backs. When Wilds comes back.....why not Wilds and Davis in backfield at the same time?
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs
Default Re: Please no more shotgun inside the 5...please!

Why not triple I with McLaurin, Wilds and then Davis?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Always wondered why we did not have our own "Jumbo Package" down there, with a big lineman to help pave the way.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws

the 5? How bout 3rd and short. This has been driving me crazy. The one time all season we went with the I (third quarter vs UCF) We decimated them.
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Always wondered why we did not have our own "Jumbo Package" down there, with a big lineman to help pave the way.
I think part of our "jumbo package" (when we use it) is putting Zandi in at one of the TE spots.

I agree with what another poster said, have Wilds and Davis in the backfield at the same time, and maybe add a FB in too.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

i dont even think it has to be any power type set just line up in a traditional 1 back set ... shaw and thompson must not like taking snaps under center or they center/qb exchange must not be great ... any short yardage situation i get frustrated when we line up in the shotgun
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

We need to bring back the formation we had when Holtz was here where Petty would be the QB and Watson, Brewer, and Pinnock were lined up side by side by side behind him. That would be awesome with Shaw, Davis, Wilds, and Carson.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
We need to bring back the formation we had when Holtz was here where Petty would be the QB and Watson, Brewer, and Pinnock were lined up side by side by side behind him. That would be awesome with Shaw, Davis, Wilds, and Carson.
the power T
Old 10-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
the power T
Thank you. I couldn't remember what it was called. I mean it makes perfect sense, but it just wouldn't come to me.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
I think part of our "jumbo package" (when we use it) is putting Zandi in at one of the TE spots.

I agree with what another poster said, have Wilds and Davis in the backfield at the same time, and maybe add a FB in too.
You do realize wilds is injured correct?

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockcock View Post
Should be in I formation with McLaurrin, Davis, Wilds, Carson.....some kind of combination with two of these backs. When Wilds comes back.....why not Wilds and Davis in backfield at the same time?

Thank you!.....I yell at my TV every time I see this crap. When it's 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line why on earth would you hand the ball off from the shotgun, 5 yards deep, with no lead blocker????

Same can be said when it's 3rd and 1 from anywhwere on the field....someone really needs to relay this to the HBC.
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Why not triple I with McLaurin, Wilds and then Davis?
I totally agree man!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I don't know. We have a money play on those corner routes where our WR just run down the goal line. Our power running game has not worked great when running into a congested area no matter what formation we run. I like keeping them spread out. I don't think Oregon or A&M goes under center in those situations either.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
crockcock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
You do realize wilds is injured correct?
Yes I know Wilds is injured but he will be back to possibly give us the strongest/dangerous tandem in the backfield?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
crockcock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
the power T
Yes yes yes.....also, option off with Connor keeping the ball, handing off or even pitching.....with Wilds, Davis, Carson or McClaurrin in backfield.....wouldnt be able to stop that triple threat!!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

CockyCash: 200
TS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPit

Six in one half a dozen in the other. Our final touchdown in the redzone in the 4th quarter was scored out of the spread. A sprint out to the left side with a run/pass option for Shaw.

Bottom line. Spread, I formation doesn't really matter. Score TD's and all is right with the world. Kick field goals and we are a bunch of dumbasses...

TS-45 Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Yes I know Wilds is injured but he will be back to possibly give us the strongest/dangerous tandem in the backfield?
According to Spurrier in today's presser, Wilds will be dressed and could see the field this Sat. (Practiced Monday night)
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Let me show you something you may not want to see:

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...l-was-terrible
Old 10-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #19
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Bring an extra lineman in the game aka Zandi, tell them to get low and pound the rock! and occasionally a little PA slip out with a TE. This frustrates me so bad lol
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Let me show you something you may not want to see:

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...l-was-terrible
I'd just like to see more under center anyway. When defenses crowd the box and expect us to run then the option won't work anyway. I'd like to see more diversity down there.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote