CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Mangus now coaching TEs
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Spread vs. aTm

Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
LIGHTPOST
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
LIGHTPOST has hatched from the shell
Default MSU just WOW

I can't believe that fans of any school could actually wish & hope for this to happen. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=136&f=1570&t=12218408 "
Posted: 10/27/2013 1:05 PM
Re: SCaro favored by 12 1/2, according to

Nominate | Report Posted: 10/27/2013 1:05 PM

Conner Shaw will pick our DBs apart. Our only hope is to knock him out early in the game.
Nominate | Report Posted: 10/27/2013 9:17 PM
And I'd take a couple of ......

....targeting chances to get it done. Get him out of the game and we win. Be ok to me to forfeit a player for that.

LIGHTPOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: MSU just WOW

If Shaw doesn't play Thompson will win.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
LIGHTPOST
Walk On

Male

LIGHTPOST has hatched from the shell

I have complete faith in Dylan. I was just amazed that any of their fans would even be thinking & saying that they basically need to put a bounty on Shaw's head & take him out of the game. Willing to take a player being kicked out of the game to get it done. I know hard hits are a part of the game but to talk about potentially injuring someone to get them out ? it is crossing the line in MO...LP
LIGHTPOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTPOST View Post
I can't believe that fans of any school could actually wish & hope for this to happen. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=136&f=1570&t=12218408 "

Conner Shaw will pick our DBs apart. Our only hope is to knock him out early in the game.

....targeting chances to get it done. Get him out of the game and we win. Be ok to me to forfeit a player for that.

Every fan base has their jackasses.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Low class.

Doesn't reflect their fanbase, I'm sure.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If Shaw doesn't play Thompson will win.
Hopefully it doesn't come to this
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

It's the same anywhere you go. Even here on Cockytalk.
Fans on an internet message board have ZERO effect on what the
football team thinks, prepares and does in the games that weekend.
If fans "talk" influenced what the program actually did, Clemson would
have never lost to South Carolina EVER, nor would we have lost to Clemson
EVER, had some of our "suggestions" ever been carried out by the football
team. Coaches sending players out to actually take out a player on
purpose died in the 70s. Reason for that is that coaches and players found
out when you cheap shot a guy to intentionally hurt him, you automatically
put a target on the back of your star player, AND you suffer the wrath of
not only the league, but if it can be proven the coach sent the kid out
on purpose to do it, he can face legal actions by the player and/or
their parents. Clemson posted about 20 times a day, every day this
winter after Clowney made his "he's scared" comment, that someone
would take his knees out this season, and if it didn't happen before the
Clemson game, "THEY" were going to do it...........problem with that is
"THEY" who said it didn't include a single tiger player or any of the
coaches. I actually rubbed their noses in it, in a thread on tigernet, by
asking him if he'd be willing to show back up Sunday after the game this
year, and let me link that thread because I was saying it "Then and
There" that come November 30th , Clowney would show up at the game
(knees in tact) and play, and he'd walk off the field after the game
(knees in tact) and healthy. ........He side stepped the offer by lobbing
a personal attack and then was silent. There's still five weeks until
we play them, Clowney is still on the field, and he's still healthy, and
other than the one weak attempt to take out his knees in the UNC
game, he's still playing at 100% healthy.

Internet talk is just "TALK"
Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:

Am I correct in assuming based on the picture above it, that it was an older woman who wrote that? Wow, just wow! This reminds me of the 1996 regular season game between Florida and FSU, when FSU did everything they could to knock Danny Wuerffel out of the game with late hit after late hit. Spurrier could tell you all about that. The only difference is that was what a team was trying to do, and this is just what some dumb ass fans want to see happen.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

I read the thread, and honestly they were attacking each other more than that particular post, but a couple of people did say that it was a bad thing to say.
That person doesn't seem to talk for the rest of the people in that thread at least. If all the threads are like that it doesn't look like a very friendly place.

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:

SC fans were saying stupid stuff about Auburn's players before the SECCG. My favorite was someone said that a SC player should pull a knife and stab a guy in the knee. Each fanbase has its fringe.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I'm sure that's just a couple of idiots in their fan base like some of the idiots we have in ours.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Let's not play innocent here. It might be a bad thing to "SAY," but when a key player has an injury and everyone knows it, you don't shy away from tackling a guy with a good clean hit where the guy is injured. That is just football. That is why I am saying we should think about sitting Shaw until we absolutely need him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
SC fans were saying stupid stuff about Auburn's players before the SECCG. My favorite was someone said that a SC player should pull a knife and stab a guy in the knee. Each fanbase has its fringe.

Erik, weren't you banned?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

North Carolina & Tennessee try it every week.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Wish we still had DJ to counter any bully-like behavior with some of our own. Brison and Gurley have this capability but they need to get some of DJ's awareness and fast.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

As an introvert who dislikes other people, I always hope that everybody except for SC players gets hurt every week.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
It's the same anywhere you go. Even here on Cockytalk.
Fans on an internet message board have ZERO effect on what the
football team thinks, prepares and does in the games that weekend.
hmm, maybe this will stop people posting threads titled "I want to apologize to coach or player such and such"..i mean if the individual has zero effect on the team then an apology isn't really necessary is it?
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
jseal777
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervous

I just want to point out that at halftime of saturdays game dylan's passing numbers were equal to matty mauks numbers aside from a costly interception. Dylan missed some wide open touchdowns but he drove down the field against their D and I am sure he would do the same thing against MSU if he plays for Shaw.
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
jseal777
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
As an introvert who dislikes other people, I always hope that everybody except for SC players gets hurt every week.
lol

"College football season cut early due to South Carolina being the only team in the FBS that is capable of fielding a complete team."
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
hmm, maybe this will stop people posting threads titled "I want to apologize to coach or player such and such"..i mean if the individual has zero effect on the team then an apology isn't really necessary is it?
Unless it helps the guy who started it feel better about himself. However
an appology to a coach (TO ME) sounds like a guy who is also appologzing
to the board for some of the things he said about a coach, more so than
thinking it would actually reach the coach's ear, as well as it having nothing
directly said to the effect of the team or players. What I say should be done
in regards to a coach or player or The Team has absolutely
no effect on what will actually take place in either of those positions. That's
why the university hires people to run those programs who actually know
how to run the program, and guys like Athletic Directors to manage
coaches and facilities. ..... THANK GOD the school hasn't listened to the
ramblings, ventings and suggestions of the internet crowd in order to
make decisions regarding the different programs.

Last edited by Spurticus; 10-29-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote