CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
thekob
jrussjr
A. Pilgrim
l^l^lBGCock
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
B-G
Regalcock
Davis dinged up agai (2773)
Winston (1844)
New Photos by Travis (1641)
For the love of God! (1306)
Quarles is a Colt! (1011)
Hatin' Ass Spurrier (762)
Waldrop injured (714)
Wake Forest recruiti (713)
The Most Controversi (583)
CBS Sports Meathead (553)
2014-15 Premier League se
For the love of God! -- P
New Photos by Travis Bell
Winston
Terrible Officiating.
So, Vanderbilt is next
SOS: No QB controversy
Christian Walker called u
Freaky Coincidence or Div
Tony Stewart kills Kevin

View Poll Results: IF we win the East who would you want to play? Why?
Alabama 57 51.35%
Auburn 15 13.51%
LSU 4 3.60%
Ole Miss 5 4.50%
Texas A&M 2 1.80%
I don't care one little bit 28 25.23%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default IF we win the East...

And I mean IF because I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves. Who would you rather play against? I think I would want Alabama slightly over Auburn. Logic says Bama will be the toughest task, but we NEVER beat Auburn or LSU. Beating Bama will give us more National respect, especially if we do it twice in a row. Even playing them close would earn respect. I DO want another crack at Auburn though. We should have finally beaten them for the first time 2 years ago and we let is slip through our fingers. What do you think?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: IF we win the East...

Bama. To be the best, you have to BEAT the best....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

The last time we played Bama good things happened.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I'd love to play Alabama. Yes it'd be hard but spurrier has Sabans number and we beat them last time. Not saying we would this time... Just facts.

And for those saying they'd rather not go to atl:

If you want to become a big time program. You have to play the big time games. I want to at least be competitive this time. 2010 left a sour taste. And I mean... It would put a banner in the Brice, which is rare.....
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

I DO NOT CARE. LET'S GET IT ON!!!
etowngangsta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Honestly, Auburn. Would be nice to get pay back for that embarrassing defeat in the title game in 2010. Plus, we always seem to lose to them. That needs to change.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Auburn. They're overrated right now and I want to beat them for the first time. LSU second because they're not that great this year either. We would have a much better chance at beating one of those two teams than Bama IMO.... All of this is pointless though, because I do think Bama wins the west.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Do not care. Just would love to make it there and play better than last time.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

I wanna play the best and beat the best, I figure it's Alabama, so that's who I picked. Would also love to give Auburn a little pay back though.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Auburn, they're the worst of the 3. Not gonna happen though, Bama will win the west going away
Old 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

To say we were the top team in the SEC I think you have to beat Bama.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Bama. They're the best no doubt.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

I'd actually prefer that every team in the West except for Arkansas gets nailed with major violations the week before the game, Arkansas gets in by default, Bielema has a (whiny but epic) breakdown and is replaced by John L. Smith, all their players pull a Grambling and refuse to play for him and we end up playing their honorary JV squad from 1967.
Whatever gets us that first SEC championship would be fine with me. We can worry about beating the best of the West the next time we're there.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
jca4usc
Bubber

Male

jca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his combjca4usc is developing his comb

I don't care who we play. Let's just get there first and then worry about who it is.
jca4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons

I honestly don't care who we play whether it's Alabama, Auburn, LSU, or Texas A&M. I'd just be thrilled we won the east, and we get to play in the 2nd biggest and most important game of college football! Winning an SEC Championship would mean a lot to me! And we won't win it unless we're in Atlanta. I think who we beat in Atlanta wouldn't matter, it wouldn't make it any less sweet, because whoever the opponent would be, they must be really good, or they wouldn't have won the SEC West.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Yeah, I should have left Ole Miss out. I thought they only had 2 SEC losses. They have 3.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 10-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Ole Miss, because they are the weakest of the choices and I want us to have the best hope to win. This macho "Beat the best" crap is just that Total crap. I want us to win and whatever fluke crap has to happen to make that more likely is fine by me. Win a Crystal trophy and let everyone else whine about how we lucked into it. You think Tiger fans are phased when we point out theirs is tainted W cheating? Hell no, the record books say they have one and it's the only reason anyones ever heard of Clemson.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I want to play Bama because after we beat them we will be 4-3 against them this century.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #19
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Do not care. Just would love to make it there and play better than last time.
This sums up how I feel too.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #20
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Auburn for a shot at Redemption. If they win out, they'll take the West.