CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
sanford
usc1
TAFC 5 1981
B-G
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Spurrier vs Saban (986)
Jaguars Justin Black (917)
Gurley or Davis (620)
Expect A Healthy Dos (462)
Lattimore Sidelined (429)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (405)
Anyone Switching to (334)
Coach's media golf p (326)
Darth Vader 'Vette (287)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Expect A Healthy Dose of
Gurley or Davis
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Amonte Caban
college football match up
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Steve Spurrier - Say What

Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Georgia Getting Healthy

So Gurley is expected to return this week, and I believe they have a few others that are going to be coming back this week or soon.

Hopefully they don't get back healthy and figure it out before Auburn. I hope Florida can figure it out just for one game, and help us out, but if not ... we REALLY need Auburn to knock them off.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Georgia Getting Healthy

Georgia would've beaten Florida with or without Gurley, IMO. However, I don't think they will beat Auburn on the road. It appears for the 3rd straight year, we're putting our eggs in the Auburn needs to beat Georgia basket.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Georgia would've beaten Florida with or without Gurley, IMO. However, I don't think they will beat Auburn on the road. It appears for the 3rd straight year, we're putting our eggs in the Auburn needs to beat Georgia basket.
It hasn't worked so far so lets hope it works this year!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

flawda will beat jawja, they have not lost 3 games in a row in that series since before SOS was the coach and it will not happen Saturday since flawda gets its starting DE, LB and DT back for the jawja game.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Georgia will be UF by 10 IF they can force a turnover or 2...UF dominates everyone in time of possession but they can't move the damnable ball

I'm not certain Auburn will beat a healthier UGA either bc:

Georgia has a slightly better rushing D than Auburn and a much better passing D over Auburn

We all know UGA can't stop anyone on defense but neither can Auburn and UGA has a more balanced attack with Bennett and Gurley back in the mix..>Auburn is a one trick poney---run, run, run, run, run--50 times a game they run the ball. In fact, MissSt and Kentucky have more prolific passing games than Auburn

please prove me wrong Plains...
Old 10-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Unknit
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Georgia will be UF by 10 IF they can force a turnover or 2...UF dominates everyone in time of possession but they can't move the damnable ball

I'm not certain Auburn will beat a healthier UGA either bc:

Georgia has a slightly better rushing D than Auburn and a much better passing D over Auburn

We all know UGA can't stop anyone on defense but neither can Auburn and UGA has a more balanced attack with Bennett and Gurley back in the mix..>Auburn is a one trick poney---run, run, run, run, run--50 times a game they run the ball. In fact, MissSt and Kentucky have more prolific passing games than Auburn

please prove me wrong Plains...
Well when you are successful running the ball a lot why even bother passing that much? Especially when you continue to win. The Aggies have a prolific passing attack, yet Auburn beat them. That is impressive. Malzahn's offense is built around running and not as much throwing. Common misconception about that offense.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Well if Georgia backs into it again we got no one to blame but ourselves. The team in the 4th quarter at Missouri should have been at the Tennessee game but wasn't. Even if Georgia wins out, maybe Tech could gives us a hand and beat them and knock them lower than us in the polls and the BCS, would we get the East if that happened even though we lost to Georgia?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
CockyLifer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talons

I like we get 2 weeks to prepare for flawda. Still hope ugaly can lose some more games this year regardless who plays.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #9
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I am at the point where I'm just focused on the Gamecock's games.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #10
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I am at the point where I'm just focused on the Gamecock's games.

Awesome and I certainly commend you for being able to ignore the circus. I find it hard not to think about how it sure would be nice to see jawja and mizz lose so we have our fate in our hands when flawda comes to Columbia, the Brice will be insane!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Awesome and I certainly commend you for being able to ignore the circus. I find it hard not to think about how it sure would be nice to see jawja and mizz lose so we have our fate in our hands when flawda comes to Columbia, the Brice will be insane!
It's not that I don't care, I'll just worry about it after our SEC games are done since we finish kind of early. Winning our game last two games is step one, if we don't do that the rest does not matter.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #12
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Well if Georgia backs into it again we got no one to blame but ourselves. The team in the 4th quarter at Missouri should have been at the Tennessee game but wasn't. Even if Georgia wins out, maybe Tech could gives us a hand and beat them and knock them lower than us in the polls and the BCS, would we get the East if that happened even though we lost to Georgia?
I have to address this part of your post. If UGA gets to the championship game again, they will definitely "back in" again, but not from OUR perspective since they beat us head to head. At this point, the only team that would really be able to say UGA would be backing in is Missouri since they beat UGA and are actually in contention for the division.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #13
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I doubt Mizzou would have beat UGA had Georgia been at full strength. We probably would have beat UGA in the same fashion that Mizzou did had we caught them the way that Mizzou did.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Does Georgia play Auburn after this game?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Just can't bring myself to hope someone doesn't get healthy. We had our shot at beating them head to head and couldn't get it done. Still hope we hang around but regardless, it's like backing into the SECe when you have to hope others lose games.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #16
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Does Georgia play Auburn after this game?

Nope. They play App State then @ Auburn.

I just don't see how Florida wins this game. Unless it's another turnover fest for Murray and/or Florida really steps up on defense. Florida can't win in a shootout.

The only thing I see that Florida might have in their favor is they are the more desperate team. Muschamp is in Ron Zook territory win it comes to W/L record. He needs a big win to get off the hot seat.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
boonyg
Recruit

Male

boonyg has hatched from the shell

getting healthy depends on your perspective here. i mean they are still gonna be razor thin at WR. they have lost what 3 wr's to season ending injuries as well as Keith Marshall and Gurly isn't 100%. I wouldn't classify them as healthy and their D is still pretty bad.
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Just can't bring myself to hope someone doesn't get healthy. We had our shot at beating them head to head and couldn't get it done. Still hope we hang around but regardless, it's like backing into the SECe when you have to hope others lose games.
Georgia did it the last 2 years and wasn't apologetic in the least.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
flawda will beat jawja, they have not lost 3 games in a row in that series since before SOS was the coach and it will not happen Saturday since flawda gets its starting DE, LB and DT back for the jawja game.
They hadn't lost two in a row since before SOS, prior to last season either. Muschamp has killed Florida's mojo in that series. The ironic part of that being he was a Georgia Bulldog.

Another tid bit about Muschamp. He is 0-6 in the Florida Georgia series. (0-4 as a player, and 0-2 as a coach)
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)

Last edited by Spurrier Fan; 11-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I just don't see how Florida wins this game. Unless it's another turnover fest for Murray and/or Florida really steps up on defense. Florida can't win in a shootout.

The only thing I see that Florida might have in their favor is they are the more desperate team. Muschamp is in Ron Zook territory win it comes to W/L record. He needs a big win to get off the hot seat.
Right now UGA has a horrible defense and a banged up, average offense.

Florida has a great defense and a terrible offense.

Each team's strength matches the other's weakness. If I had to bet, I would take UGA just because you have to score points to win, BUT this is not a lock for UGA by any means. Not to mention this is a wild rivalry played in Jacksonville- anything can happen.

Florida moves the ball just enough against a terrible UGA defense and UGA's inconsistent offense struggles to move the ball against a great UF defense. That's how Florida wins.

...any more questions, class?