CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (26967)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2042)
Simple "yes&quo (1437)
Phil Steele just pre (1171)
Eat Crow (738)
Garcia: Change the R (724)
TeMarcus Blanton (688)
We actually didnt lo (628)
Extremely Proud (554)
what I think ab ward (486)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
I want people to explain
Extremely Proud
We actually didnt lose
Simple "yes" or
End of the first half....
Eat Crow
We would be 7-1 with just

Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
jcausc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
jcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spurs
Default Is Shaw still going to the Marines

I have heard here on CT a while back he's going to the marines after graduating. Is this still true?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is Shaw still going to the Marines

SOS said that he thought he would get a shot with an NFL team. Who knows what CS will decide to do?

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 49400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

If he doesn't get drafted or make it as an ufa I didn't see where his plans changed.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

No other person i could think for a better fit in the marines as our Connor Shaw..he is a leader and a general on the field and exemplifies what hard work and determination can do when one puts forth the effort..I love Connor and am very very happy he chose to be a Gamecock!! i will be proud of him no matter what he chooses to do after his tenure here!!! I speak for all of Gamecock nation when I say Go Gamecocks, Go Connor Shaw!!!
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

hell get drafted
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
hell get drafted
It's going to be interesting to see if he does. I think he will.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I think going into the season, Shaw was confident he would not be a
"draftable commodity" in the NFL and had pretty much laid out his post
college plans by joining the military. He made the exact statement
shortly after fall practice started that, THAT was the reason he was
learning to skydive. He said his plans for the military would require him to
be able to do that.

HOWEVER....Coach Spurrier has informed Shaw that pretty much the
entire year, since the season started, he (Connor) has garnered a lot of
attention from NFL scouts who've either been at the games watching him
and/or have called the coach to ask specific questions about him as a
player and his character. ... Coach Spurrier made the statement right after
the win against Vanderbilt that he should not give up on an NFL career
just yet. He told Connor that he is exactly what the NFL guys are wanting
right now with the direction the NFL offenses are heading.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Is he applying for the OCC program?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
No Curse
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

I heard somewhere that they were planning on remakes of all the Chuck Norris movies and CS is going to be cast as the modern day Chuck Norris.

Connor Texas Ranger?
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #10
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Connor needs to ride football as long as he can....he could make some decent $$ if he defers going into the military.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I wonder what kind of coach he would make? I know that success on the field doesn't always translate into success on the sidelines and some of the best coaches were not the greatest players.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #12
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

I must say, he would make a great Marine Corps Infantry Officer, his mental and physical toughness would earn his Grunts respect, and his leadership ability is obvious.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Hed be a perfect backup for the panthers, can pretty much do everything that cam can does except he doesnt have the cannon on his arm that cam does.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

I heard Connor Shaw fell down his dorm stairs this morning a broke his leg. Then he set it himself, glue the bone together, and made it to the field in time for warmups!
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

He could be my favorite Gamecock!
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

My top 5 favorite Gamecocks, not in order:

Connor Shaw, Marcus Lattimore, Jadeveon Clowney, Melvin Ingram, Alshon Jeffrey
Old 11-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post

all time or just this decade?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
I must say, he would make a great Marine Corps Infantry Officer, his mental and physical toughness would earn his Grunts respect, and his leadership ability is obvious.
And he has the hair or lack thereof.
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post

Clowney is not even in my top 10
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #20
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
all time or just this decade?
This decade. I admit I've only been a big USC follower since 2010, and there are so many players worth mentioning.

I say those just because my best memories of watching USC often involved those guys making big plays.