CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Gamecockswag
Badazcock
SECgamecock453
NinjaSven
johnnyb
ESPN Game Day Commen (1461)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1321)
Simple "yes&quo (1310)
Phil Steele just pre (975)
The Comeback & T (764)
TeMarcus Blanton (591)
Garcia: Change the R (579)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Wallpaper & Back (239)
Instrumental Music ( (167)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default First game I've attended in five years.

I had the opportunity to attend today's game, which I gladly accepted. I had a fun time overall, but I must say, I've never heard the stadium be so quiet. There was a time early in the fourth quarter when we were leading 31-10 or maybe 34-10 and MSU had the ball. The stadium was so quiet. What made it bad was it was 3rd down. I'm of the opinion the fans should be loud the entire time the other team has the ball, but everyone seemed super quiet, even on big downs. How long has it been like this, because I remember the last game I went to being LOUD. Is this the bandwagon effect, or is there something else going on?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Cockyteg
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockyteg is learning to peck
Default Re: First game I've attended in five years.

I went to the Kentucky game this year and it was loud
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

It's the 4th quarter of a beat down noon game vs an irrelevant team... Pretty standard.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Yeah I feel like once we were up by 24 no one was really worried. Our coaches sure weren't, as 2nd string D got lots of playing time in the 2nd half. We happened to be the team that made plays when we needed to and dominated the turnover margin. The score would have been much worse if we didn't run the ball the entire fourth quarter.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I had the opportunity to attend today's game, which I gladly accepted. I had a fun time overall, but I must say, I've never heard the stadium be so quiet. There was a time early in the fourth quarter when we were leading 31-10 or maybe 34-10 and MSU had the ball. The stadium was so quiet. What made it bad was it was 3rd down. I'm of the opinion the fans should be loud the entire time the other team has the ball, but everyone seemed super quiet, even on big downs. How long has it been like this, because I remember the last game I went to being LOUD. Is this the bandwagon effect, or is there something else going on?
I swear some people like to make a big deal out of nothing. It will be loud for the Florida game. You can count on that
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc52 View Post
I swear some people like to make a big deal out of nothing. It will be loud for the Florida game. You can count on that
Did I say it was a big deal? I just thought it was sad and not nearly what I have come to know and expect from the fans at games. So I want to know if this is a new thing or has been going on for a few years since the last game I attended was five years ago. Sheesh.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Did I say it was a big deal? I just thought it was sad and not nearly what I have come to know and expect from the fans at games. So I want to know if this is a new thing or has been going on for a few years since the last game I attended was five years ago. Sheesh.
I wasn't just talking about you. If the game would have been close it would have been rowdy and loud but since it was in hand the fans calmed down.
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
robertfootball
Walk On

Male

robertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming in

If you're looking for pop your eardrums loud, scare up a few tickets to the game against the taters. I think you will be very pleased how rowdy the atmosphere of that game is going to be this year.
robertfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

It was too early; I really don't like these early games.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Noon games blow.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

I love the early games. I don't have to wait all day to see my gamecocks play, and the game is over early enough so I can enjoy the rest of the day.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
CWall2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10048227
CWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudly

The fans that make the place loud at our night games aren't planning on doing anything after the game except for maybe finishing themselves off. Just saying, it was an early game and we were winning big. I actually thought the opposite. I thought it was louder than I expected, especially early on. Where did you sit?
CWall2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Early game...plus we sort of got up big and were cruising for most of the second half. I was actually surprised with the atmosphere in the 1st half. Thought it was pretty rowdy for a noon kick.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:

You are correct, this was the quietest it has been this year. But most people stayed around.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 16972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I went to a game at Ohio State one year. It ended up being a 3 TD win and, just like Saturday, it was like a morgue in there. I wouldn't sweat it. Won't be able to hear yourself think versus the Gators and Taters.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
GarnetBlackAttack
Recruit

GarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervous

I thought it was a great atmosphere in the first half, and the second half was laid back. The game was basically over, we were in control. The fans were relaxing. Nothing wrong with that. That's the way it's been forever.
GarnetBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
It has been like this for decades. Anytime you have a noonish game and it is not in doubt the stadium will not rock as much late in the game as it would with a bigger opponent in a tight game.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Shit was loud until garbage time. Especially for a nooner.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

At least the fans appeared to still be in the stands.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

People are just relaxing and soaking in the easy win

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote