CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
RGHoskins
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2645)
how has more ESPN an (1414)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1004)
Gamecock Legacy recr (739)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (476)
22 ways to annoy peo (369)
$15 home AC (348)
Hope Springs Eternal (270)
Why sports will alwa (234)
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Hope Springs Eternal
Connor Mitch

Old 11-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material
Default Golightly...

Attacking the ball, good sound tackling, making a play on the loose ball! I saw a hint of swearinger swag out there today! No, he is not even close to DJ's level, but he looks pretty good when he dials it in.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit
Default Re: Golightly...

getting better each game
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

If he can jump the block in time, he is a great tackler. If the block catches him, he is out of the play.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

True
Old 11-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I think the only reason you see swearinger in him is because he has dreads
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ
I think the only reason you see swearinger in him is because he has dreads
Haha, pretty sure that's not it

Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Way to Go lightly ! Anywho, him and Vic are the main ones I see that will come out of nowhere across the line and blowup a play. And I like the way Moore is improving each week.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2
Way to Go lightly ! Anywho, him and Vic are the main ones I see that will come out of nowhere across the line and blowup a play. And I like the way Moore is improving each week.
Moore will be a great lb for us. When he gains some muscle mass, he will be a baller

Old 11-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #9
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Proud of him stepping up today. He looked solid! We need that every Saturday.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #10
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

f I not mistaken Golightly made the first three tackles of the game and he was everywhere for the first half. He had a good game for certain.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I thought he had a great game

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Probably the most improved player on defense.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

The young man had himself a GAME yesterday! It was great to see everyone step up.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1214284
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

To think many people here knocked the kid when he committed because he flipped to us from Vanderbilt. I am proud of the way he has developed and hope he continues to get better.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Dude has gotten better and it seems to be clicking for him. I hope he continues to make us eat crow
Old 11-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
JoeMorrisonLives
4-Star

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthegamecock View Post
Attacking the ball, good sound tackling, making a play on the loose ball! I saw a hint of swearinger swag out there today! No, he is not even close to DJ's level, but he looks pretty good when he dials it in.

I was thinking Antonio Allen myself.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
JoeMorrisonLives
4-Star

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
If he can jump the block in time, he is a great tackler. If the block catches him, he is out of the play.
He's been putting forth better effort the last couple of weeks, and has at least not been pushed on skates, occupying blockers.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Danmcc3
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

It's fun to watch him play, he bringsa nice balance of intensity and control, seems to wrk well for him.
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #19
unmeaty
Recruit

Male

unmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPit

Agree about Golightly, he was all over the field on Saturday and made a couple of nice open field tackles. I think that cat is going to be a stud. Some guys you can see are gamers and just ooze with talent, but nothing makes up for lack of experience. He and Skai Moore, and Lewis/Roberts have come a long way since Georgia.

Another guy that I think is improving is Ahmad Christian. He felt like a real liability in a lot of games early on, but over the last couple of weeks he's shown a lot of improvement. MSU tried to target him most of the time when he was in the game and he was solid. That's good news since we're so thin at CB.

I see a lot of talent at defensive tackle too, but at the end position...I dunno. Darius English is tiny, I mean a string bean. He gets swallowed up on every play by whichever tackle he's squaring off against.

Anyway, yeah. Golightly is playing very, very well and I'm happy to see it.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20450
Mechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talons

To be fair although he's a junior, i really dont think he played much before this year. Not as green as the rest but still glad to see him climbing the learning curve.

Dude had a hell of a game.