CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 11-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Gamecocks get to sit at home and watch...

a big Thursday night of football and a big weekend, how far do we move up sitting at home? What do you think we will be ranked when flawda comes to town, top 10? I would say around 9-10...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockyteg has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Gamecocks get to sit at home and watch...

we won't be in the top 10 unless 2 or more teams lose. lsu, auburn, atm, stanford, Clemson all ahead. we might move up on spot this week. who knows
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
CockADoodalDoom
Die Hard Gamecock

Male

Best Video: Given for creating the best video - Given for: Winning the 1st video challenge 
CockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot material

Well two should fall. Lsu vs bama and the ducks vs the cardinals
CockADoodalDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPit

All depends on how high we make it after this week and which of the teams lose. Best case scenario would be us around 8-9 if Ok, LSU, Miami and Stanford lose. Worst case would be Bama, Oregon and Baylor losing. We probably wouldn't jump anyone in that scenario except maybe Baylor.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

The only game next week I honestly give a damn about is Mizzou @ Kentucky.

I hope the Kentucky players are well supplied with Deer Antler Spray and everything else under the sun that will help them beat that team from the other Columbia.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Miami should drop 6-7 places.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

As much as I will be pulling for them Kentucky will not beat Miszzou.

Last edited by No Curse; 11-03-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typed this while riding with my wife
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyteg View Post
we won't be in the top 10 unless 2 or more teams lose. lsu, auburn, atm, stanford, Clemson all ahead. we might move up on spot this week. who knows
Well we know for a fact 2 will fall this weekend, you should look at this weeks NCAA matchups before posting...That is why I asked the question.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
The only game next week I honestly give a damn about is Mizzou @ Kentucky.

I hope the Kentucky players are well supplied with Deer Antler Spray and everything else under the sun that will help them beat that team from the other Columbia.
Unless we are talking basketball, UK has no chance
Old 11-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockADoodalDoom View Post
Well two should fall. Lsu vs bama and the ducks vs the cardinals
I don't think either Oregon or Stanford fall far enough by losing to each other to drop below us...

Teams ranked above USC, and their games scheduled for next week:

#1 Alabama vs #10 LSU (LSU wins: irrelevant, Bama wins: LSU drops)

#2 Oregon vs #6 Stanford (irrelevant)

#3 FSU vs Wake Forest (if WF wins: FSU drops, but unlikely)

#4 Ohio State: idle

#5 Baylor vs #12 Oklahoma (if Baylor wins: OU drops, if OU wins: irrelevant)

#7 Auburn vs Tennessee (if UT wins: AU drops, but unlikely)

#8 Clemson: idle

#9 Missouri vs UK (if UK wins: Mizzou drops, but unlikely)

#11 Texas A&M vs Miss State (if MSU wins: TAMU drops, but unlikely)

Right now IMO the only game for next week that appears likely for a team to drop below USC upon losing would be the Baylor-Oklahoma game. Ahh! I forgot about LSU losing to Bama!! All others an unlikely upset would have to happen, or any outcome would be irrelevant....

Last edited by ConwayGamecock; 11-03-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Ahhh!!
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

True, and usually the top 10 teams win.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

If Oregon and Bama lose they won't drop outta top the top 10.

I'll say the same about Baylor and Maybe Stanford.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #13
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

we want Stanford, Oklahoma, Missouri, auburn, texas am all to lose
Old 11-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Mizzou will destroy UK.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Mizzou will destroy UK.
yea but one can hope lol
Old 11-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I don't think either Oregon or Stanford fall far enough by losing to each other to drop below us...

Right now IMO the only game for next week that appears likely for a team to drop below USC upon losing would be the Baylor-Oklahoma game. All others an unlikely upset would have to happen, or any outcome would be irrelevant....
I think if Stanford loses, they will fall behind us too, that will be their 2nd loss. I guess they may stay in front of us if it is a real close game.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

Right now IMO the only game for next week that appears likely for a team to drop below USC upon losing would be the Baylor-Oklahoma game. All others an unlikely upset would have to happen, or any outcome would be irrelevant....
I don't see how you can say definitively that a Stanford or Baylor loss won't drop them behind us. Will be close IMO.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 399
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:

Clemmons will move up 4 spots, and we'll drop 2 (Half-way joking)

92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I think LSU and Oklahoho drop below us after the weekend. I don't want Oregon to be unbeaten with their schedule, but hate it less than the prospect of seeing Ohio State and Fla State play in the NCG if Oregon loses and we win out (beating Bama). I'd almost prefer to see Ohio State (hate 'em) play Bama than us win the SEC and watch a Weak Schedule U national championship game. Of course, we still have to beat that other ACC dream team to win out.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I'd almost prefer to see Ohio State (hate 'em) play Bama than us win the SEC and watch a Weak Schedule U national championship game.
Reading this just makes me cringe.
I'd rather win the SEC. Don't care if it ruins the conferences chances at a title. We would be the SEC champs.