CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1689)
10-2 (1679)
UK promoting a black (1576)
Four UK Players Susp (1047)
Coach Gaines: " (991)
Time for a new coach (954)
I Was Dealing With T (767)
Build a New Stadium (663)
Connor Shaw's fault. (662)
Since everyone loves (513)
UK promoting a blackout f
This program has no ideni
2016 - Tavien Feaster
How much $$ would you lit
Connor Mitch
400 pasing yards
Four UK Players Suspended
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Build a New Stadium
Coach Gaines: "Not m

Old 11-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default A Fitting End To This BCS

If everything goes according to plan, Alabama, Oregon, FSU and OSU will all be undefeated going into bowl season. According to the experts, it will be Alabama and Oregon playing for the title with the other two on the outside looking in. What a perfect way to end a pathetically conceived, poorly designed system to determine the national champs. However, I can't think of two better conferences to get the shaft one last time before going into the new format next year. It's the supreme indictment for both those conferences to fall short having played the perfect season. And I would be remiss if I didn't thank both John Swofford and Jim Delany.....you guys have been the greatest. We couldn't be where we are without you.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: A Fitting End To This BCS

Tons of football to play, it could get worse or better but it will for sure not be pretty for the BCS, we should have had a playoff 10 years ago. Imagine the money the conferences have pissed away not having a playoff, bowing down to the NCAA and old school money for so long. An 8 team playoff could be bigger than the Super Bowl IMO and legitimize college football champions on the field! I see us winning the first one, similar to Omaha!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

The BCS did a great job of pitting the number 1 and number 2 ranked teams against each other for the national title. That didn't happen before the BCS. I wish they had just used the BCS to select the 4 teams for a playoff instead of a selection committee.

People complain that the BCS isn't clear in selecting teams which is simply false. We could never find out how the selection committee comes to their decisions however.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

i dont mind the bcs. those who think a four team playoff will solve all the problems are foolish.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Honestly, why don't they just make a 4 team playoff start this year with the BCS rankings deciding the teams. Play the games at the home fields of the two highest ranked teams. I'm sure Alabama and Oregon would have no issue selling those puppies out, split the gate, winners play in Pasadena and losers play in the Fiesta Bowl.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
i dont mind the bcs. those who think a four team playoff will solve all the problems are foolish.
I agree. I have always thought it was our best shot of making it to the NCG. We are in the SEC, win it with no more than one loss and you are in that baby. Unless something extremely rare happens this year and we happen to make it, and I know we won't, it's going to be more difficult to get to the championship game with the play-offs.

But, that's the way it is and we just have to get better and stop losing these games during the reg season to lesser competition. Win the SEC and we'll be in the play-offs with a shot at the title. Of course, the first year we get in we'll have to get by Oregon in the first round...
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

The BCS is crap for sure, but the "playoff" that will begin next year is almost as big of a joke. 4 teams, really? I will continue to beat this horse until it doesn't exist, but why can't we have the same system on this level as the FCS has? We would NOT have to get rid of all the bowls (which several need to be trashed anyway). We could just call the different venues the various bowls. Also, the companies that sponsor some of the bigger bowls (Chick-fil-a for example) could still sponsor matchups or even whole rounds. I could see a real playoff system actually bringing in a LOT more money than the current bowl system.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Honestly, why don't they just make a 4 team playoff start this year with the BCS rankings deciding the teams. Play the games at the home fields of the two highest ranked teams. I'm sure Alabama and Oregon would have no issue selling those puppies out, split the gate, winners play in Pasadena and losers play in the Fiesta Bowl.
The four team playoff is a joke. It should start out with 8 teams, we all know it will be 8 in the next 4 years or so. Why the hell start with a 4 team playoff with so many teams in Div 1?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
The BCS is crap for sure, but the "playoff" that will begin next year is almost as big of a joke. 4 teams, really? I will continue to beat this horse until it doesn't exist, but why can't we have the same system on this level as the FCS has? We would NOT have to get rid of all the bowls (which several need to be trashed anyway). We could just call the different venues the various bowls. Also, the companies that sponsor some of the bigger bowls (Chick-fil-a for example) could still sponsor matchups or even whole rounds. I could see a real playoff system actually bringing in a LOT more money than the current bowl system.
You beat me to it, Ha-Ha!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
You beat me to it, Ha-Ha!
Haha! I think most people with decent brains who care about college football can see any system for deciding a champion on any level that's not a REAL playoff is inherently flawed.

What next year's "playoff" does is no better than the BCS, because it makes all of the other postseason bowls irrelevant.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If everything goes according to plan, Alabama, Oregon, FSU and OSU will all be undefeated going into bowl season. According to the experts, it will be Alabama and Oregon playing for the title with the other two on the outside looking in. What a perfect way to end a pathetically conceived, poorly designed system to determine the national champs. However, I can't think of two better conferences to get the shaft one last time before going into the new format next year. It's the supreme indictment for both those conferences to fall short having played the perfect season. And I would be remiss if I didn't thank both John Swofford and Jim Delany.....you guys have been the greatest. We couldn't be where we are without you.
If everything goes according to plan then we would beat Bama in the SEC championship game!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Haha! I think most people with decent brains who care about college football can see any system for deciding a champion on any level that's not a REAL playoff is inherently flawed.

What next year's "playoff" does is no better than the BCS, because it makes all of the other postseason bowls irrelevant.
Unique avi pic dude. ><
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
An 8 team playoff could be bigger than the Super Bowl IMO
I disagree.
Not saying I wouldn't like it more because to me NCAA> NFL, but that wouldn't beat out the Super Bowl/nfl playoffs in terms of popularity (you gotta remember the Super Bowl is world wide)

Last edited by B-G; 11-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

The problem that a lot of you are passing over is the selection committee. people that have no business making decisions will be ( condolezza rice). It will be flawed heavily but it is what it is.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
The BCS did a great job of pitting the number 1 and number 2 ranked teams against each other for the national title. That didn't happen before the BCS. I wish they had just used the BCS to select the 4 teams for a playoff instead of a selection committee.

People complain that the BCS isn't clear in selecting teams which is simply false. We could never find out how the selection committee comes to their decisions however.
I agree...Maybe add a little more of a human element but keep the BCS. It's done a great job.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

8 team playoff? **** that shit and everyone who suggests that shit.
Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Unique avi pic dude. ><
LOL...I just noticed it this morning as well.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Just to remind everyone Oregon plays AT Stanford on Thursday night. A great Thursday night game that could blow up OP post
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #19
cocky lady
Walk On

Female

cocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudlycocky lady is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
With the current BCS standings, wouldn't Alabama and FSU be playing for the championship if the season were to end today? I think FSU is projected to trade with Oregon again.
cocky lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky lady View Post
With the current BCS standings, wouldn't Alabama and FSU be playing for the championship if the season were to end today? I think FSU is projected to trade with Oregon again.
It'll be FSU today, but if Oregon beats Standford they'll be back on top.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote