CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Cock Kool-Aid
Order 66
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4377)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2485)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (900)
US Air nsfw tweet (732)
I like how Frank sou (665)
boiled peanuts (503)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (463)
Tax day freebies (454)
Sweet Corn!!! (188)
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
Last 5 years in the SEC
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervous
Default Something I've noticed...

Been at all the home games and have watched the reruns, I've come to notice something. Brandon Shell on our O-line always puts his leg back on passing plays even when they are in a running formation. I wonder if the Defensive coaches are taking notice of this on film. Not criticizing Shell at all because he is one hell of a player but I was just curious if anybody else has noticed.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Something I've noticed...

I have not noticed this but it would be a huge "tell" we cannot afford if true.

I will start watching for it.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

yep noticed that, every time he does it I know we are passing
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Tipping off the other team or not, I think it's pretty obvious that our Oline is a completely different beast with Shell in there than they are without him. The announcers pointed out Saturday that he wasn't playing but then he was in nearly the entire 2nd half ... almost as if he was sitting the first half ...

The first half we couldn't get anything going in the running game, but the 2nd half (although we didn't KILL IT) we got some larger running lanes, and all of those runs were to Shell's side.

Plus, if you really want to talk about tipping off to the Defense ... 100% of the time if the QB does an audible and the WRs throw their arms up with no clue of the play ... it's going to be a run. We're not the only ones that do it, but pretty dumb to not at least yell the play to the WRs so they can act like they know what's going on.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Brandon is just setting everyone up for the big deke later in the season, the play that wins us the Clempson or the Fla. game. He's got all those people studying film right where he wants 'em.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Brandon is just setting everyone up for the big deke later in the season, the play that wins us the Clempson or the Fla. game. He's got all those people studying film right where he wants 'em.
I doubt it. Even highschool players are taught to atleast try and know when its a pass or run. They base it off the formation first, then the tendencies of a player they're up against. Sometimes the player makes the right decision, other times they make the complete wrong decision. Like Vic biting on slant routes early in the season.

I don't know what the case is really, but I think if his foot is back its usually a pass, or a show pass/draw setup or playaction. I watch most teams OT's and they all have their foot back when they're in pass protection.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Somebody better call SOS, I'm guessing they don't watch film of our games. I still got our last 2 games on DVR. I'm going to get paper & pen out and mark each play and see how correct your observations were.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I'm not even close to being a football expert, but there's an obvious difference in the stances offensive linemen take when preparing to pass block or run block. It's true some runs happen while in apparent passing situations (such as draw plays) and passes can occur out of running formations (bootleg passes), but Shell doesn't seem to be doing anything different than almost every tackle I watch play the game.

Watch this highlight film of Taylor Lewan against Clowney in the bowl game. He does the same thing.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
Been at all the home games and have watched the reruns, I've come to notice something. Brandon Shell on our O-line always puts his leg back on passing plays even when they are in a running formation. I wonder if the Defensive coaches are taking notice of this on film. Not criticizing Shell at all because he is one hell of a player but I was just curious if anybody else has noticed.
If this is true, I can't believe our coaches haven't noticed it and made sure he has the same look on every play. Are you sure he doesn't have the same position out of the shotgun vs when the QB is under center. I'll go look at The Missouri tape and see. Good pick up though.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote