CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
henmania
ACPhilson
ReadR00ster
Polls (3803)
Gameday Sign Ideas (3766)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Dylan Thompson's pas (2142)
ST coach fired this (2092)
Let's talk about Mat (1312)
Celebrity Guest Pick (1104)
Hardest Schedule (1101)
Rank the SEC startin (622)
So, um, yeah the NFL (519)
Dylan Thompson's passing
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
Celebrity Guest Picker...
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
USC -6 vs. Mizzou
Gameday Sign Ideas
D line pressure
ST coach fired this week
Upgraded/Premium Seating?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock
 
usc90grad's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 32,140
CockyCash: 470000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default SEC Power Rankings: Week 10


SEC power rankings: Week 10

  1. Alabama Crimson Tide: The champs were off this week in anticipation of the biggest test they’ll face so far this season in the LSU Tigers. Although the game is in Tuscaloosa, I’m sure most ‘Bama fans remember what happened the last time LSU visited.
  2. Auburn Tigers: Auburn moved to 8-1 on the season, further solidifying their status as being a contender again in the rough and tumble world of the SEC. While ‘Bama does face a tough test in LSU this weekend, the rival Tigers could provide another roadblock later in the season, should the Tide survive.
  3. LSU Tigers: Les Miles and crew were off this week as they get set to try and throw a wrench into Alabama’s hopes of a third straight national championship.
  4. Missouri Tigers: Mizzou bounced back after their crushing loss to South Carolina by routing Tennessee. The Tigers are still in control of their destiny in the SEC East.
  5. Texas A&M Aggies: It was a slow first quarter, but Johnny Manziel eventually got rolling and were able to do away with UTEP easily.
  6. South Carolina Gamecocks: The Gamecocks held off a solid effort from Mississippi State to run away from the Bulldogs in the second half and are still alive in the East race.
  7. Georgia Bulldogs: With Todd Gurley back, the Dawgs took care of the Florida Gators in Jacksonville, an emotional win that this team needed this season.
  8. Ole Miss Rebels: Hugh Freeze’s crew was off this week and will now set their sights on getting their sixth win of the season against Arkansas this weekend.
  9. Florida Gators: After falling behind big, early, the Gators fought back and almost stole one from Georgia. But, this is still one of the more disappointing seasons in recent memory for the men from Gainesville.
  10. Vanderbilt Commodores: Vandy was on a bye this week and will now look to take advantage of the Gators’ woes as they seek their second conference win of the season.
  11. Tennessee Volunteers: Tennessee took another lump against Mizzou, but freshman Josh Dobbs looked about as solid as he could in his first start and, I’ll say it again, Butch Jones will have this program back again soon.
  12. Mississippi State Bulldogs: Dan Mullen’s crew let another one slip away from them in the second half against South Carolina. Now they face the tough task of going to Kyle Field to take on the Aggies.
  13. Arkansas Razorbacks: The rough inaugural season for Bret Bielema continued as the Hogs were beaten convincingly by the resurgent Auburn team.
  14. Kentucky Wildcats: Kentucky enjoyed a victory over Alabama State and now will take a crack at the best in the East, Missouri.
http://fansided.com/2013/11/04/sec-p...kings-week-10/
__________________
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
henmania
Game MVP
 
henmania's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,751
CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
SEC power rankings: Week 10
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide: The champs were off this week in anticipation of the biggest test they’ll face so far this season in the LSU Tigers. Although the game is in Tuscaloosa, I’m sure most ‘Bama fans remember what happened the last time LSU visited.
  2. Auburn Tigers: Auburn moved to 8-1 on the season, further solidifying their status as being a contender again in the rough and tumble world of the SEC. While ‘Bama does face a tough test in LSU this weekend, the rival Tigers could provide another roadblock later in the season, should the Tide survive.
  3. LSU Tigers: Les Miles and crew were off this week as they get set to try and throw a wrench into Alabama’s hopes of a third straight national championship.
  4. Missouri Tigers: Mizzou bounced back after their crushing loss to South Carolina by routing Tennessee. The Tigers are still in control of their destiny in the SEC East.
  5. Texas A&M Aggies: It was a slow first quarter, but Johnny Manziel eventually got rolling and were able to do away with UTEP easily.
  6. South Carolina Gamecocks: The Gamecocks held off a solid effort from Mississippi State to run away from the Bulldogs in the second half and are still alive in the East race.
  7. Georgia Bulldogs: With Todd Gurley back, the Dawgs took care of the Florida Gators in Jacksonville, an emotional win that this team needed this season.
  8. Ole Miss Rebels: Hugh Freeze’s crew was off this week and will now set their sights on getting their sixth win of the season against Arkansas this weekend.
  9. Florida Gators: After falling behind big, early, the Gators fought back and almost stole one from Georgia. But, this is still one of the more disappointing seasons in recent memory for the men from Gainesville.
  10. Vanderbilt Commodores: Vandy was on a bye this week and will now look to take advantage of the Gators’ woes as they seek their second conference win of the season.
  11. Tennessee Volunteers: Tennessee took another lump against Mizzou, but freshman Josh Dobbs looked about as solid as he could in his first start and, I’ll say it again, Butch Jones will have this program back again soon.
  12. Mississippi State Bulldogs: Dan Mullen’s crew let another one slip away from them in the second half against South Carolina. Now they face the tough task of going to Kyle Field to take on the Aggies.
  13. Arkansas Razorbacks: The rough inaugural season for Bret Bielema continued as the Hogs were beaten convincingly by the resurgent Auburn team.
  14. Kentucky Wildcats: Kentucky enjoyed a victory over Alabama State and now will take a crack at the best in the East, Missouri.
http://fansided.com/2013/11/04/sec-p...kings-week-10/

Interesting that Auburn is ahead of ATM because they beat them on the road but we are behind Mizzou even though we beat them on the road.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC
 
Ericvol2096's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,886
CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Vols take down #2 this week!

But seriously hope we can beat Vandy and Kentucky to make a bowl.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
JDStud6
Starter
 
JDStud6's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,276
CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Interesting that Auburn is ahead of ATM because they beat them on the road but we are behind Mizzou even though we beat them on the road.
Some of you guys are so narrow minded. You look at only 1 game instead of the complete package. Maybe I'm not watching the same football that you are.

JD
JDStud6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013
 
usc1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Charleston
Posts: 14,115
CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Interesting that Auburn is ahead of ATM because they beat them on the road but we are behind Mizzou even though we beat them on the road.
Auburn has 1 loss, A&M 2. Mizzou has 1 loss, we have 2.
__________________
usc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist
 
A-Cluckwork-Orange's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Columbia
Posts: 134
CockyCash: 500
A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Go Kentucky Beat Missouri!
A-Cluckwork-Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
TKE226
Damn Yankee
 
TKE226's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 15,042
CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

frustrating that we are 7-2 and #6 in the conference. damn conference is tough
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC
 
Ericvol2096's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,886
CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
frustrating that we are 7-2 and #6 in the conference. damn conference is tough
At least you haven't played this schedule the last 8 weeks.

@Oregon
@Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
@Bama
@Missouri

UP NEXT

Auburn

Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds
 
GarnetBlack&Blue's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 7,012
CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
At least you haven't played this schedule the last 8 weeks.

@Oregon
@Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
@Bama
@Missouri

UP NEXT

Auburn

GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN... that absurd...
__________________
Go Cocks! Go Blue Hose!
GarnetBlack&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
superfly
Starter
 
superfly's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Monroe NC
Posts: 1,434
CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
At least you haven't played this schedule the last 8 weeks.

@Oregon
@Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
@Bama
@Missouri

UP NEXT

Auburn

Murderers row in the umpteenth degree. Just wow.
__________________
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC
 
uscGRAD04's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Neeses
Posts: 2,713
CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
At least you haven't played this schedule the last 8 weeks.

@Oregon
@Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
@Bama
@Missouri

UP NEXT

Auburn


Why would Tenn. schedule a game against Oregon? Isn't the SEC hard enough. Everybody should go the FSU route and schedule cupcake non-con games to counter balance a tough conference schedule.
__________________
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC
 
Ericvol2096's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,886
CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN... that absurd...
Lol nice reference!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
Woody7687
4-Star
 
Woody7687's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spartanburg SC
Posts: 458
CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Why would Tenn. schedule a game against Oregon? Isn't the SEC hard enough. Everybody should go the FSU route and schedule cupcake non-con games to counter balance a tough conference schedule.
Or bama's route have they played anyone besides TA&M before this week coming up? How do they get these awesome schedules?
__________________
Woody7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC
 
Goofyboy's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sumter
Posts: 2,920
CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Schedules are mostly done a couple of years ahead. A lot can change in terms of team strength in 1 or 2 years.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American
 
donbgamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston
Posts: 11,282
CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

I don't know how they say the MSU team let one slip away from them in the second half. They were not in the lead at the half.
__________________
Go Cocks!
donbgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert
 
2000grad's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 19,917
CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I don't know how they say the MSU team let one slip away from them in the second half. They were not in the lead at the half.
2 costly TOs in the second half. That first one was on their opening drive of the second half down by 7
__________________
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
The O.G.
Banned
 
The O.G.'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Palais Garnier
Posts: 1,129
CockyCash: 500
The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly
Default Re: SEC Power Rankings: Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Interesting that Auburn is ahead of ATM because they beat them on the road but we are behind Mizzou even though we beat them on the road.
*facepalm
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development