CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
HeadCockFan
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (985)
Rest of the season p (949)
Let us clarify some (740)
Tennessee kickoff an (698)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (689)
Tennessee Game Time (669)
Why is everyone anti (646)
Just thought of some (610)
Is Clowney back toni (553)
Roll call for Auburn
Why is everyone anticipat
Just thought of something
How did we not make it.
Holiday desserts
Thoughts on the basketbal
Miss St. defense
Flopping is reaching epic
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Unprecedented 4 year run discussion

For some of us long time Gamecock fans, we are in the golden era of Gamecock football. This thread is dedicated to documenting many of the positive events that have occurred since the start of the 2010 season. If you want to complain, vent, whine, or post your couldas/shouldas, please go elsewhere.
Let’s keep this positive and have some fun celebrating the greatest era in Gamecock football!

My list:
- As of 11/3/13, our guys have been in the Top 25 for 58 consecutive voting weeks. That is 5th among all programs. That at least makes our Gamecocks a Top 10 and maybe Top 5 program for the past 4 seasons.

- 38-11 overall

- Won 77.5% of all games including multiple wins v. ranked opponents

- 21-10 in the SEC

- 15 home games win streak as of 11/3/13

- Two thousand yard rushers two out of four seasons

- Won the SEC-E and actually played in an SECCG. That was a fantasy at one time.

- More big plays on offense and defense than anyone can keep track of. This may be the most unprecedented item of them all. I would imaging we could put together a list of 100 in short order. This may deserve its own thread.

Last edited by Flameout12; 11-04-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: - 15 home games win streak as of 11/3/13
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Unprecedented 4 year run discussion

Beating Fla, Ga, TN, and Clem like we have in the past three years.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
For some of us long time Gamecock fans, we are in the golden era of Gamecock football. This thread is dedicated to documenting many of the positive events that have occurred since the start of the 2010 season. If you want to complain, vent, whine, or post your couldas/shouldas, please go elsewhere.
Letís keep this positive and have some fun celebrating the greatest era in Gamecock football!

My list:
- As of 11/3/13, our guys have been in the Top 25 for 58 consecutive voting weeks. That is 5th among all programs. That at least makes our Gamecocks a Top 10 and maybe Top 5 program for the past 4 seasons.

- 38-11 overall

- Won 77.5% of all games including multiple wins v. ranked opponents

- 21-10 in the SEC

- 19 home games win streak as of 11/3/13

- Two thousand yard rushers two out of four seasons

- Won the SEC-E and actually played in an SECCG. That was a fantasy at one time.

- More big plays on offense and defense than anyone can keep track of. This may be the most unprecedented item of them all. I would imaging we could put together a list of 100 in short order. This may deserve its own thread.

I thought the home game win streak was 15.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
It is.

Connor Shaw passed for four touchdowns, Mike Davis moved past 1,000 yards this season and the 14th-ranked Gamecocks got five turnovers to defeat the Bulldogs 34-16 for their school-record tying 15th straight home victory Saturday.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Thanks & fixed...musta counted one year x2.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

recruiting quality guys.

Steve Spurrier
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

first OT win in school history...and it happened to be in then #5's house.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Lankey62
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1718
Lankey62 is sharpening his clawsLankey62 is sharpening his clawsLankey62 is sharpening his clawsLankey62 is sharpening his claws

Recruiting and building up players that are making an impact on their NFL team (DJ, Allen, ect.)!
Lankey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Getting national media attention week in and week out.

The reason everyone listened to Bob Fulton as much as they did is because A) he was awesome and B) we were never on TV.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
USC3027
Walk On

Male

USC3027 has hatched from the shell

I've been telling my wife's father that for the last 4 years. We have the most talent on those teams than we've ever had, but this is him during each game we watch together.

"I know, but......"
"Just wait, it's only the third quarter"
"You know that Wofford team is really good"

I just laugh at him and tell him to hold on because it's getting better each year.

He's really a super nice guy, but one of those long, long, Gamecock fans that remembers the past far too often.

I think the last 4 years has been really good, but I still think our better teams are in front of us.
USC3027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankey62 View Post
Recruiting and building up players that are making an impact on their NFL team (DJ, Allen, ect.)!

I read we have 31 players on NFL rosters. The most in school history. Of course, that includes Lattimore who is on the injured list.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC3027 View Post
I've been telling my wife's father that for the last 4 years. We have the most talent on those teams than we've ever had, but this is him during each game we watch together.

"I know, but......"
"Just wait, it's only the third quarter"
"You know that Wofford team is really good"

I just laugh at him and tell him to hold on because it's getting better each year.

He's really a super nice guy, but one of those long, long, Gamecock fans that remembers the past far too often.

I think the last 4 years has been really good, but I still think our better teams are in front of us.
Once you get to a certain age, or have followed this team for a certain amount of time, you want to see Championships.

We have had the talent over these last four years, but the results are bittersweet. No other way to say it. The wins have been great. Our record against Clemson is fantastic. We are beating jawja most of the time now. BUT, we continue to play down to the competition at crucial times in the season each and every year and blow our chances at returning to Atlanta or playing in the Sugar. We could still realize these goals this year, but the game at Tennessee was another let down...

We need a SEC Championship or a BCS win. The sooner the better. We don't live forever.

Last edited by Travelin; 11-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

1 of 6 programs to be ranked in the last 27 straight BCS polls
Old 11-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

The top rated high school player(s) in our state seriously considering/signing with us. We used to be an afterthought for most.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

tied our record for longest win streak against clemson.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Also only 6 programs have been ranked in each of the last 27 BCS rankings. Bama, Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma, Stanford and South Carolina.

Not Georgia, Not Florida and certainly not clemson.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Also only 6 programs have been ranked in each of the last 27 BCS rankings. Bama, Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma, Stanford and South Carolina.

Not Georgia, Not Florida and certainly not clemson.
way to steal my post :(

J/k
Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

I love it all. I know good things can't last forever but it's been one heck of a ride. Remember when Coach chewed our butts for applauding the team after losing to Auburn? My, my we've certainly come far!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Great thread. I love to pour over statistics, and can go rattle off lists of them on memory, so I knew most of this. However one I didn't know that made my jaw drop when an announcer mentioned it in the Mississippi State game was that South Carolina has won 31 of the last 34 home games. I went and checked it, and sure enough starting with a win against Tennessee in 2008 to present, South Carolina has won 31 of their last 34 home games. That is outstanding!

I realize that part of that starts before 2010, but since 2010 there is a 23-2 home record that includes a 15 game home winning streak that is the second longest in the nation. Again, that is outstanding! A mark of a very good program is having a strong home field advantage.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)

Last edited by Spurrier Fan; 11-04-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #20
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

It has been great!! As a long time Gamecock, Brave and Falcon fan, I have certainly lived through some really lean years. I have lived to see all 3 do pretty well and I never thought that would be the case. It makes all the success that much better and rewarding!!! GO COCKS!!! GO BRAVES!!! GO FALCONS(guess I'll have to wait another year on that one)!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote