CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Roosterboy
thekob
TheUniversityofSC
dixiecock
Bed Sores
markp_vip
JulesWinnfield90
Order 66
The Yancey
Conflict with Aggies (4255)
Skai Moore not start (3326)
Paul Finebaum heaps (2735)
New JK Video Imminen (1892)
Kyle Carpenter to le (1268)
Spurrier on a&m (1233)
Old Footage from WB (831)
Michael Sam Headline (704)
Centerplate CEO, Des (505)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (419)
Skai Moore not starting a
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu
Official SEC Network and
Conflict with Aggies on t
'13 Mizzou game on SEC Ne
Defensive Backfield
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Interview with Dylan Thom
video card installation h
24 Iconic Southern Dishes

Old 11-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit
Default What Are Your Rest of the Season SEC Predictions??

Anybody got any predictions/want to discuss mine?

Regarding the 3 teams in contention for the SEC East, I predict:

Missouri beats Kentucky & Ole Miss; loses to A&M

UGA beats App St., UK & GT; loses to Auburn

USC beats Florida, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson

This would put Carolina in the SEC Championship game.

Predictions for other games:

Week 10
Florida over Vandy
UGA over App St
Missouri over Kentucky
Auburn over Tennessee
Bama over LSU
Ole Miss over Arkansas
Texas A&M over Miss St

Week 11
USC over Florida
Auburn over UGA
Vandy over Kentucky
Bama over Miss St
Ole Miss over Troy

Week 12
Florida over Georgia St
Georgia over Kentucky
Missouri over Ole Miss
USC over Coastal Carolina
Tennessee over Vandy
Bama over UT-Chat
Miss St over Arkansas
LSU over Texas A&M

Week 13
Bama over Auburn
LSU over Arkansas
Ole Miss over Miss St
FSU over Florida
Georgia over GTech
Tennessee over Kentucky
Texas A&M over Mizzou
USC over Clemson
Vandy over Wake

I predict the final division standings as the following:

SEC EAST
Carolina 6-2 SEC 10-2
Missouri 6-2 SEC 10-2
Georgia 5-3 SEC 8-4
Florida 4-4 SEC 6-6
Tennessee 3-5 SEC 6-6
Vandy 2-6 SEC 6-6
Kentucky 0-8 SEC 2-10

SEC WEST
Alabama 8-0 SEC 12-0
Auburn 6-2 SEC 10-2
LSU 5-3 SEC 9-3
Texas AM 5-3 SEC 9-3
Ole Miss 4-4 SEC 8-4
Miss St 2-6 SEC 5-7
Arkansas 0-8 SEC 3-9

Unfortunately, I predict Bama beating Carolina in the championship game.

As for Bowls:

BCS National Championship- Alabama 13-0 (8-0)*
Sugar Bowl- Auburn 10-2 (6-2)
Capital One Bowl- Carolina 10-3 (6-2)**
Cotton Bowl- LSU 9-3 (5-3)
Outback Bowl- Texas AM 9-3 (5-3)
Chick-fil-A Bowl- Missouri 10-2 (6-2)
Gator Bowl- Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
Music City Bowl- Ole Miss 8-4 (4-4)
Liberty Bowl- Tennessee 6-6 (3-5)
BBVA Compass Bowl- Florida 6-6 (4-4)
AdvoCare V100 Bowl- Vandy 6-6 (2-6)

*predicted win in SEC Championship game
**predicted loss in SEC Championship game

SEC Offensive Player of the Year: Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
SEC Defensive Player of the Year: Michael Sam, Mizzou
SEC Freshman of the Year: Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida
SEC Coach of the Year: Gus Malzahn, Auburn

-- George Burns

Last edited by ipull4usc; 11-05-2013 at 02:47 PM.
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: What Are Your Rest of the Season SEC Predictions??

Few changes.

AU upsets BAMA in the Iron Bowl,
AU loses to USC in SECCG.
USC, and BAMA go to BCS bowls.
NCG is between Oregon, and FSU. Game of the century, over 100 points scored, and coming down to a last second hail mary, Oregon wins its first NC in football.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Few changes.

AU upsets BAMA in the Iron Bowl,
AU loses to USC in SECCG.
USC, and BAMA go to BCS bowls.
NCG is between Oregon, and FSU. Game of the century, over 100 points scored, and coming down to a last second hail mary, Oregon wins its first NC in football.
Pretty much what I have typed up....

I'll go bold here....

SEC East

- Mizzou probably loses @ Ole Miss but most definitely loses to Texas A&M
- Georgia loses to Auburn. Feeling better about this one because if Bama beats LSU this weekend, that will put LSU out of it completely and put Bama in the drivers seat. The only other team with a chance in the West would then be Auburn, whom if they can get by Tennessee and UGA will go into the Iron Bowl looking to win the West. Either way, Auburn vs UGA will be a great game.
- Gamecocks beat Florida and represent East in the SECCG

SEC West

- LSU loses to Bama, giving them three losses and out of the race.
- A&M loses to LSU in a game that really doesn't matter for the West at that point.
- Comes down to the Iron Bowl where Auburn beats Bama
Old 11-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Bama wins west, UGA wins east. Bama rolls UGA in SECCG.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
If that happens, we should just leave the SEC. Tired of the unworthy getting into that damn title game.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

IMO: for UGA, it depends on how healthy they are going into the Auburn game. If Gurley and their WRs are healthy, I think they will beat Auburn, and end up 6-2 in the East. I have Mizzou losing to Ole Miss and A&M, ending up 5-3 in the SEC. I have Carolina winning out, and going 10-2. I have LSU beating A&M... So after all is said and done, everyone in the SEC(other than Bama and us) have 3 or more losses.. After Bama beats UGA in Atlanta, Bama goes to Pasadena, and we get the at-large to the Sugar.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
If that happens, we should just leave the SEC. Tired of the unworthy getting into that damn title game.
That will show them. Cut bait and go home.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
You think UGA will roll Auburn? Yeah right, we might get robbed by Mizzou since A&M is getting inconsistent (and that would kinda suck too, losing the East to a team we beat AGAIN!) but not UGA.

The likely scenario is we are going to get rolled by Bama in Atlanta but have our second divisional title to show for it.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
I may just vomit if Georgia backs into the SECCG for the third straight season.

Auburn is due to help out and prevent that from happening. Hopefully they will roll Tennessee this week and remain healthy. If they beat the Vols they will be fired up for their home game against Georgia because they will have a lot on the line. They will be playing to remain in control of their destiny in the SEC and to hold onto an outside shot at the BCSCG. You better believe they will give Georgia all they've got.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockRocker View Post
You think UGA will roll Auburn? Yeah right, we might get robbed by Mizzou since A&M is getting inconsistent (and that would kinda suck too, losing the East to a team we beat AGAIN!) but not UGA.

The likely scenario is we are going to get rolled by Bama in Atlanta but have our second divisional title to show for it.

Didn't mention Auburn. UGA or whomever from the east will get beat down by Bama. Anything could happen.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
IMO: for UGA, it depends on how healthy they are going into the Auburn game. If Gurley and their WRs are healthy, I think they will beat Auburn, and end up 6-2 in the East. I have Mizzou losing to Ole Miss and A&M, ending up 5-3 in the SEC. I have Carolina winning out, and going 10-2. I have LSU beating A&M... So after all is said and done, everyone in the SEC(other than Bama and us) have 3 or more losses.. After Bama beats UGA in Atlanta, Bama goes to Pasadena, and we get the at-large to the Sugar.
Another very realistic scenario, and that would be an incredible consolation prize going to the Sugar Bowl. Not to mention in that scenario they would also win a share of just the second SEC Eastern Division title in program history. That would make the Clemson game huge.

That scenario would only be the second best though. I'm holding out hope for the very realistic scenario that has them in the SECCG.

That's what makes this bye week so exciting. There are so many different possible scenarios this season can go after the bye week. A lot of them are good. Finish 10-2, and hopefully the rest works out well.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

-We win out
-Mizzou loses to Ole Miss and/or A&M
-And as much as I hate to say it, I think UGA comes up with a win against AU to get back to the SECCG. Auburn is a better team but UGA has proved time and time again when they win that you don't have to be the better team or deserve to win.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I swear... If they get back in....

I'd rather have Missouri go in. Georgia gets lucky for 3 years in a row? No.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I think Auburn beats UGA, quite honestly because I think Auburn is better. I think Tre Mason will have a day. That said, it would not surprise me AT ALL to see UGA win that game.

Missouri is a tough call. I could see them losing to either Ole Miss or Texas A&M, I could see them beating both, and I could see them losing to both.

I think we win out.

As far as who wins the east, I have no clue. I could see any of the three teams winning it.

The Iron Bowl is going to be a great game, but I think Alabama wins the game, thus winning the west. They just always find a way.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

Whatever happens, I don't want to see Michigan State in a bowl game. Of course, it doesn't take much to out score them, but their D is awesome. Especially their run D. Powerful and quick bunch.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I would love for Mizzou to go to the Chick Fil A Bowl and straight up murder Clemson.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I swear... If they get back in....

I'd rather have Missouri go in. Georgia gets lucky for 3 years in a row? No.
No luck to it. We choked. Plain and simple.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
Socom Elite
Walk On

Male

Socom Elite has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I would love for Mizzou to go to the Chick Fil A Bowl and straight up murder Clemson.

I am worried that UGA might be able to get a win against Auburn.

If things don't go our way it's going to be hard to blame anyone but ourselves. We should have never lost to UT.
Socom Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Anybody got any predictions/want to discuss mine?

Regarding the 3 teams in contention for the SEC East, I predict:

Missouri beats Kentucky & Ole Miss; loses to A&M

UGA beats App St., UK & GT; loses to Auburn

USC beats Florida, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson

This would put Carolina in the SEC Championship game.

Predictions for other games:

Week 10
Florida over Vandy
UGA over App St
Missouri over Kentucky
Auburn over Tennessee
Bama over Ole Miss
Ole Miss over Arkansas
Texas A&M over Miss St

Week 11
USC over Florida
Auburn over UGA
Vandy over Kentucky
Bama over Miss St
Ole Miss over Troy

Week 12
Florida over Georgia St
Georgia over Kentucky
Missouri over Ole Miss
USC over Coastal Carolina
Tennessee over Vandy
Bama over UT-Chat
Miss St over Arkansas
LSU over Texas A&M

Week 13
Bama over Auburn
LSU over Arkansas
Ole Miss over Miss St
FSU over Florida
Georgia over GTech
Tennessee over Kentucky
Texas A&M over Mizzou
USC over Clemson
Vandy over Wake

I predict the final division standings as the following:

SEC EAST
Carolina 6-2 SEC 10-2
Missouri 6-2 SEC 10-2
Georgia 5-3 SEC 8-4
Florida 4-4 SEC 6-6
Tennessee 3-5 SEC 6-6
Vandy 2-6 SEC 6-6
Kentucky 0-8 SEC 2-10

SEC WEST
Alabama 8-0 SEC 12-0
Auburn 6-2 SEC 10-2
LSU 5-3 SEC 9-3
Texas AM 5-3 SEC 9-3
Ole Miss 4-4 SEC 8-4
Miss St 2-6 SEC 5-7
Arkansas 0-8 SEC 3-9

Unfortunately, I predict Bama beating Carolina in the championship game.

As for Bowls:

BCS National Championship- Alabama 13-0 (8-0)*
Sugar Bowl- Auburn 10-2 (6-2)
Capital One Bowl- Carolina 10-3 (6-2)**
Cotton Bowl- LSU 9-3 (5-3)
Outback Bowl- Texas AM 9-3 (5-3)
Chick-fil-A Bowl- Missouri 10-2 (6-2)
Gator Bowl- Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
Music City Bowl- Ole Miss 8-4 (4-4)
Liberty Bowl- Tennessee 6-6 (3-5)
BBVA Compass Bowl- Florida 6-6 (4-4)
AdvoCare V100 Bowl- Vandy 6-6 (2-6)

*predicted win in SEC Championship game
**predicted loss in SEC Championship game

SEC Offensive Player of the Year: Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
SEC Defensive Player of the Year: Michael Sam, Mizzou
SEC Freshman of the Year: Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida
SEC Coach of the Year: Gus Malzahn, Auburn
Nice! Well thought out, though I'd add in a Iron Bowl upset, and a SECCG victory for AU :P
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #20
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

You have Ole Miss playing both Bama and Arky in Week 10.....losing to Bama and beating Arky.

All this is very impressive work.....points.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote