CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
garnet_black215
spareparts
markymark550
MWard
Spurticus
WeStill0wnUSC
Another A&M aggi (2147)
Green and Lammons (2018)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (545)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (463)
Nashville (403)
It's Cover Two's bda (389)
Georgia DE Jonathan (310)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (196)
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
2015 - Johnny Frasier
2015 - Marquavius Lewis
Official SEC Network and
Boosting OOC schedule str
Spurrier Responds to Dabo

Old 11-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default SEC championship game or Sugar Bowl....article

I am not sure I would want to play in the SEC championship game with this scenario....

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...31109709/1037/
Old 11-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
KEmmrich
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
KEmmrich has hatched from the shell
Default Re: SEC championship game or Sugar Bowl....article

You can't win the SEC championship without going to Atlanta. It's the SEC CG scenario for me.
KEmmrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

SEC

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Agreed!! i want a SEC title since the Nat'l title is off the table
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
uscalum92
Walk On

Male

uscalum92 has earned his spursuscalum92 has earned his spursuscalum92 has earned his spursuscalum92 has earned his spursuscalum92 has earned his spursuscalum92 has earned his spurs

The whole argument is flawed in my opinion and speaks to a major problem with the bowl system. Ask Coach Spurrier which scenario he would prefer? His mission since he stepped foot on campus was the win the SEC. I definitely want us to play in the SEC championship game every year.
uscalum92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I am not sure I would want to play in the SEC championship game with this scenario....

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...31109709/1037/
Can't win if you don't play, SEC Championship.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

SEC
Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 562
Jack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talons

I'm confused about something and I'm hoping one of you can help me. In the 2nd scenerio he says that UGA would go to the SEC championship game, but he also says something about a two-loss Missouri team. If that's the case, wouldn't Mizzou go to Atlanta?

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterFriendly View Post
SEC

The SECCG is better than the Sugar in my opinion. Better ratings and more media attention. I can't tell you who played in the Sugar Bowl game last year but I can tell you the last 10 SECCG matchups.

Last edited by henmania; 11-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 538
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

My eyes glassed over part-way through the article..... Does it mention; Assuming we make it to ATL, where would we go after a win there? Where would we go after a loss?
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

SEC Championship game all day long. You have to make it there before you can worry about winning or losing the game. We've seen what our Offense can do when they're on. We've seen what our Defense is growing into. Imagine where our team could be in 5 more weeks?

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Garnet View Post
I'm confused about something and I'm hoping one of you can help me. In the 2nd scenerio he says that UGA would go to the SEC championship game, but he also says something about a two-loss Missouri team. If that's the case, wouldn't Mizzou go to Atlanta?
I think he said if Mizzou looses two "more" games, so leaving them w 3 SEC loses.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

you play sports to win championships at this level...do you want to date the nice girl or **** the prom queen?

Last edited by ShutTheSuccop; 11-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his comb

SEC for me. If you're there you have a chance.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

SEC, where we could beat Bama AND go to the Sugar. Everyone is assuming that the team that plays Bama for the SEC will lose. That's bullcrap. Bama will go down this year.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
cockyguitar
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talons

How about the team just win out and see what happens. That's all they can do. Control what you can control. If other stuff happens, it happens. Just win though.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky-K View Post
SEC, where we could beat Bama AND go to the Sugar. Everyone is assuming that the team that plays Bama for the SEC will lose. That's bullcrap. Bama will go down this year.

I give us a puncher's chance against Bama. This team is better than the one that beat them in 2010 (I know, so is Bama).
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Let's win a few championships before we start thinking they are not important.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Let's just worry about beating Florida for now.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #20
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I give us a puncher's chance against Bama. This team is better than the one that beat them in 2010 (I know, so is Bama).
Really? you think so? The offense might be about the same because of the OL and Shaw, but that offense had Lattimore, Alshon, Gurley, Dimarco, and Sanders. The defense didn't have Clowney and the secondary wasn't so hot, but Dickerson and Straughter were our best linebacking duo in years, and we had Melvin, Taylor, Robertson, Ajiboye, Matthews, Allen and Gilmore, and Devonte, and DJ. We were a much better defense then in my opinion. Bama couldn't run the ball on us.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote