CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
Lonnie
BiggerLSUfan
WeStill0wnUSC
USCBASEBALL1
The Yancey
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1026)
Ranking the Opposing (703)
Not a Rival.. (530)
Gamecock Coaches as (506)
help with army insig (393)
NCAA Football 15 (241)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (224)
I'm a grand godfathe (221)
George Miller revisi (170)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (153)
Not a Rival..
2015 - Mon Denson
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Section 16
Marching band
NCAA Football 15
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Good Article for those co
Hello Gamecocks!
Muschamp + fan = win

Old 11-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Strickland Propane
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Strickland Propane has hatched from the shell
Default Why don't we sell our basketball jerseys?

I was looking around online after the game the other day and I saw that almost every division I team sells jerseys but us. Anyone know why?
Strickland Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why don't we sell our basketball jerseys?

ummm... weve sucked for a long time? how much money would they honestly make.. no offense to the current players
Old 11-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

i know they sold Sam Muldrow jersey…can't remember if they sold Bruce's jerseys last year
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

If they're anything like the football jerseys, they'd cost $80 a pop.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I saw them being sold at Adams bookstore.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Strickland Propane
Walk On

Male

Strickland Propane has hatched from the shell

Thanks! I will check Adams.
Strickland Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

are you talking about authentic game worn jerseys? or just the stuff like UA/Nike/Adidis sell to the consumer?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
ummm... weve sucked for a long time? how much money would they honestly make.. no offense to the current players
Exactly...there is no market. I could ask why don't we sell female lacrosse jerseys?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudly

id buy a swim cap if available

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

You want buy a jersey? Who? Tell coach Martin! He'll hook you up! He may even buy you a hot dog.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I have a Carlos Powell jersey I bought a few years ago; they sell them.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Probably because for a while the culture of our school was "football is the only thing that matters," which is stupid.

There were #2 Devan Downey jerseys at the Russell House bookstore and a few #44 Muldrows too.

Otherwise, the biggest shirt that's been sold over the years is those horrible Garnet Army camos.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #13
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

Haven't you heard? Nobody likes our jerseys... Why try to sell them if nobody is going to buy them?
Old 11-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #14
BlakelyH19
4-Star

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

Go to a football game and see how many gamecock fans can name even 3 players on the basketball team.....
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #15
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
Go to a football game and see how many gamecock fans can name even 3 players on the basketball team.....
I can name the entire team and I have season football tickets, too. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I can name the entire team and I have season football tickets, too. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.
What are the odds he finds you at the game?
You're called an exception.
I'm not happy about as I love the sport as well, but it's true.

Our basketball fan base isn't as large right now.
You have your diehards/loyal fans who watch and attend every game (which is safe to say exist on this board-post in this forum) then you have the ones who will only care if we are winning.

Then you'll get a bunch a people that tell you, "basketball sucks" or " I hate basketball" who would be saying different if we had a competitive/bubble team yearly. (IMO)

I have more to add about the whole school support etc but I'll quit where I am.

Also to add OP says he sees other schools making jerseys, but we do not.
Just checking, Bama sells them on their website. Pretty sure that school cares about only football. Also checked Auburn's site who's pretty similar to Bama, and they sell them too.
I remember seeing our last year on G&B Traditions and the school site, maybe they're waiting for the new ones to come in?

Ok sorry for that, go on with the conversation.

Last edited by B-G; 11-07-2013 at 08:49 AM.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #17
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Maybe because we have new ones coming out this year???
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #18
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
Yeah, I know all of their names because I go to the games and I read on CockyTalk.

As to your point, there's also a good chance that the average football fan at the game can't get past naming Clowney, Shaw, Ellington, and Thompson. The folks I sit with at games prove this point repeatedly. The majority of gamecock fans, and it's probably true for fanbases as a whole, don't bother to learn the numbers and name of players beyond a few key ones. These people need to visit CockyTalk more often. lol...
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
What are the odds he finds you at the game?
You're called an exception.
I'm not happy about as I love the sport as well, but it's true.

Our basketball fan base isn't as large right now.
You have your diehards/loyal fans who watch and attend every game (which is safe to say exist on this board-post in this forum) then you have the ones who will only care if we are winning.

Then you'll get a bunch a people that tell you, "basketball sucks" or " I hate basketball" who would be saying different if we had a competitive/bubble team yearly. (IMO)

I have more to add about the whole school support etc but I'll quit where I am.

Also to add OP says he sees other schools making jerseys, but we do not.
Just checking, Bama sells them on their website. Pretty sure that school cares about only football. Also checked Auburn's site who's pretty similar to Bama, and they sell them too.
I remember seeing our last year on G&B Traditions and the school site, maybe they're waiting for the new ones to come in?

Ok sorry for that, go on with the conversation.
Columbia is fairweather with USC sports outside of football. If the basketball team was really good this year, guarantee people will come out in droves to CLA.

It's sad because people say they won't go to games because "the team sucks" but basketball is the sport where homecourt advantage makes the biggest difference. If we could sell out CLA every night it would be an AWESOME boost for recruiting.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

The old ones are still at Adams I was in there yesterday. Have not seen the new ones for sale yet.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote