CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27771)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2177)
Simple "yes&quo (1530)
We actually didnt lo (1251)
Phil Steele just pre (1221)
what I think ab ward (1004)
Eat Crow (956)
Extremely Proud (891)
Garcia: Change the R (773)
TeMarcus Blanton (720)
Stop bashing Dylan
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
We would be 7-1 with just
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose

Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons
Default Local TV ratings

I thought it would be interesting to look at local TV ratings for South Carolina football games during this bye week.

Charlotte is the only market I've found: This week's game against Mississippi State in Charlotte drew 61,300 viewers on WAXN. North Carolina-NC State only drew 76,600 on WBTV.

The Arkansas game on WAXN drew 38,800 viewers. No other games are available.

I wonder what Gamecock ratings are like in other markets.
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Local TV ratings

I wonder what our ratings are like compared to teams dressed in orange.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctvman View Post
I thought it would be interesting to look at local TV ratings for South Carolina football games during this bye week.

Charlotte is the only market I've found: This week's game against Mississippi State in Charlotte drew 61,300 viewers on WAXN. North Carolina-NC State only drew 76,600 on WBTV.

The Arkansas game on WAXN drew 38,800 viewers. No other games are available.

I wonder what Gamecock ratings are like in other markets.
Yea I would imagine that the ratings for the USC/Mississippi State game would be considerably higher in Cola town than in Charlotte.

Personally I'd like to see ALL Gamecock games go to pay per view only as THAT would get people into the stadium in huge numbers. Talk about expansion!?!?! We'd need it. I would think that people would prefer to pay $50-60 to BE THERE than to spend $35 to watch it on television.

I used to be dead set against PPV, but not so much anymore. Would be interested in what SCTVMAN thinks about those prospects and also I wonder if that isn't what the SEC Network will do at some point. Obviously I know that the four letter network and others are paying HUGE amounts of cash to broadcast the games. I know I've heard but I'm too lazy to look it up right now...but who is funding the SEC Network broadcasts? ESPN? CBS? Advertising strictly through the SEC Network?

You wonder if at some point it might go PPV.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Yea I would imagine that the ratings for the USC/Mississippi State game would be considerably higher in Cola town than in Charlotte.

Personally I'd like to see ALL Gamecock games go to pay per view only as THAT would get people into the stadium in huge numbers. Talk about expansion!?!?! We'd need it. I would think that people would prefer to pay $50-60 to BE THERE than to spend $35 to watch it on television.

I used to be dead set against PPV, but not so much anymore. Would be interested in what SCTVMAN thinks about those prospects and also I wonder if that isn't what the SEC Network will do at some point. Obviously I know that the four letter network and others are paying HUGE amounts of cash to broadcast the games. I know I've heard but I'm too lazy to look it up right now...but who is funding the SEC Network broadcasts? ESPN? CBS? Advertising strictly through the SEC Network?

Yeah man, GREAT IDEA!! Lets make the stadium's capacity at around 300-325k!!! The biggest, bestest, stadium in the world!!! And if I can't make it, I'd love to have PPV coverage instead of ESPN or CBS!!! That'd be AWESOME!!!

Dumbest post I've seen in a long time. That's impressive on here.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
tomtomusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 71000
tomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPit

ppv games are awesome for the bar business

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Rendezvous is now on Twitter. Search Gamecockbar
tomtomusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:

Limiting national coverage to recruits is not a good thing.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

PPV is also a bad idea because I'd imagine especially after the overhead the university incurs to host a home game, money from ticket sales is a drop in the bucket compared to the money we receive from network TV paying to broadcast the event.

Does anyone really believe if ESPN wanted to broadcast the Coastal game we would turn them down?
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #9
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons

Ticket sales from the games are worth enough to charge whatever they charge ($20-$30) the one PPV game a year. Remember only a few years ago we had as many as four PPV games a season, including conference games.

There's no ratings for Columbia, Charleston or other markets besides Greenville and Charlotte because they're not metered markets, but Gamecocks football games do ridiculously well in Columbia and here.

Clemson's game against Syracuse did 78,900, and BC did 84,900 on Channel 9, WSOC. The FSU game did 207,500 on WSOC. The lowest Panthers game this year so far did 287,000 in the Charlotte area.
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote