CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
gamecock88
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
Larenz Bryant update (1468)
Joeckel Transfering (812)
UK's Whitlow to tran (618)
2016 - Greg Little (573)
Bamberg High School (406)
response from charte (402)
Victor Hampton Arres (382)
What type of snake i (339)
Wu Tang affiliated r (326)
13 Vintage Internet (182)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Joeckel Transfering from
Attendance next season
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
The case for Clowney at #
A'ja Wilson
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Victor Hampton Arrested
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Where will we be preseaso

Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material
Default One Damn Game

I wish someone would call into the SOS show and ask when the hell he Is going to quit losing the one damn game each year he shouldn't. He always makes some excuse about how he didn't coach well or players didn't plat well or the game plan wasn't good. Well guess what he should have thought about that before the damn game. Think about where we would be if we would have beat UT like we were supposed to. But yet every year he loses to a team we are supposed to beat.

sorry that Tennessee game is really hurting me right now!!!
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Karl Childers
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Karl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPitKarl Childers rules the CockPit
Default Re: One Damn Game

Why don't you call?
Karl Childers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I share your pain, but I'm holding out to see how the East shakes out. Maybe we can get to Atlanta and win. That would make up for the Tenn game.

But yeah, we have to stop having these let down games each year if we want to play in ATL on a regular basis. Starting next year a loss like that will most likely keep us out of the play-offs. I hope that doesn't happen.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Why? It was three weeks ago and we beat #5 Mizzou the following week. What if we beat UT and lost to Mizzou? I think it was a blessing in disguise personally. We still are in the hunt for the SEC by defeating them and not UT.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Troll so hard brother...
Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

So what game should he not have lost last season? Both LSU and Florida were favored against us last season, and rightfully so. Both teams were playing at home and, despite what some myopic Gamecocks fans may believe, they were more talented than USC. Just check the last year's NFL draft if you have any doubt.

Anyway, we were underdogs against Mizzou this year, so he won one that he wasn't supposed to.

Just let it go.
Carolina-Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Because he would probably ask me if I liked it better before he was here.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

The Tennessee game still haunts me. They are a BAD football team, one we had no business losing to. The effort it took to lose that game was staggering, Spurrier's gameplan and playcalling were horrendous.

I disagree about someone calling the SOS show however. What good what it do? I'm sure Spurrier knows he crapped the bed, how could he not? To quote Spurrier "it is what it is." We can expect a yearly bed-crapping from Spurrier, no one is going to change Spurrier at this point, he's old and stubborn. You've got to take the bad with the good. Overall he's certainly been an overwhelming positive for our once-awful program.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

its called sports .. it happens ... while disappointing yes that one game can’t define our season.. we still have three important games to play.. another 10 or 11 win season is still a very real possibility and 3 - double digit win season in a row is a pretty good accomplishment ... yes i want a sec championship and yes i want us to be in the running for a national championship and no i don’t think SOS is perfect ..i get frustrated with him all the time .. but man id much rather have him losing 1 or 2 games a season then what we have had in the past losing 5-7 or more games a season .. i think our fan base has become spoiled by the few years of success we've had.. just enjoy the ride man football season is fun .. yeah it sucks to lose but that was 3 weeks ago move on
Old 11-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
So what game should he not have lost last season? Both LSU and Florida were favored against us last season, and rightfully so. Both teams were playing at home and, despite what some myopic Gamecocks fans may believe, they were more talented than USC. Just check the last year's NFL draft if you have any doubt.

Anyway, we were underdogs against Mizzou this year, so he won one that he wasn't supposed to.

Just let it go.
It was how we lost to UF that was so disappointing. We never gave ourselves a chance.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

It's better that we lost to Tenn and beat Mizzou than if we had lost to Mizzou and beat Tenn..

It happens.. and we can still come out on top, so it's best to just suck it up and accept it this year. I realize it seems to happen each year, but that's just how it's been; calling would not change anything or answer anything.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Only after you ask if coach is doing alright and if Todd Ellis is doing alright.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Teams tend to not win after playing bama the previous week
Old 11-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Troll so hard brother...
No body is "trolling" so f off.

The mizzou game is neither here nor there. We should have beat UT and that's a fact. Just like we should have beaten allbarn. I think florida last year was a 3 pt game at there house so we should and thought we would have beat them. but yet we went into that game unfocused.

Like another poster said. With the new playoff coming, he needs to stop having these losses.

Look I love hime as a coach more than anyone but there he has to stop having these games and hold himself accountable.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
Only after you ask if coach is doing alright and if Todd Ellis is doing alright.

HAHA
Old 11-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Cry about it some more. No one will care if USC ends up in ATL which is still very much in play.

Fact is USC won its must win game and that was Mizzou. If USC beat UT and lost to Mizzou, it would be a lot worse.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
its called sports .. it happens ... while disappointing yes that one game canít define our season.. we still have three important games to play.. another 10 or 11 win season is still a very real possibility and 3 - double digit win season in a row is a pretty good accomplishment ... yes i want a sec championship and yes i want us to be in the running for a national championship and no i donít think SOS is perfect ..i get frustrated with him all the time .. but man id much rather have him losing 1 or 2 games a season then what we have had in the past losing 5-7 or more games a season .. i think our fan base has become spoiled by the few years of success we've had.. just enjoy the ride man football season is fun .. yeah it sucks to lose but that was 3 weeks ago move on
it happens alright. To us... every damn year. But whatcha gonna do? shrugs
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Cry about it some more. No one will care if USC ends up in ATL which is still very much in play.

Fact is USC won its must win game and that was Mizzou. If USC beat UT and lost to Mizzou, it would be a lot worse.

You are correct but we should have one loss!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #19
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
you do realize that odds were somewhat against us with three roads games, three weeks in a row in Fayetteville, Knoxville, and CoMo?!

It would have been nice to win them all, but we had to win at least 2/3 and the Mizzou game was the must win.

The team look tired in Knoxville and who can blame them? Hostile environment and UT was up for that game. Spurrier doesn't need someone to harp on him...you could tell when he heard that UGA and UF had lost that he felt the gravity of the situation
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
So you're really upset about both the UGa game AND the UT game, not just the UT game?
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote