CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
rosstheboss
3MTA3
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
MountainCock
Spurrier_Superior_On
Captain9Dragons
Thenardier
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
ESPN article on Clowney -
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Clemson Georgia Game to b
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb
Default Why Cocks SEC East

Jawja will lose to Auburn and Mizzou will lose to A&M....Too bad we punked out at UT...We seem to find a way each season to blow one we shouldn't lose...UK in 09, Auburn in 0010, LSU last season and this year "Tenn"???...Spurrier has to get this fixed...Nonetheless its great we have a really good shot if we take the Gators down like we should...But 11-1 would have guaranteed us a BCS Bowl...A loss in the SEC championship game could route us to Capitol1...Maybe we take Bamma down and claim our first SEC title...It can be done
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why Cocks SEC East

I'd like to see it...

...but I don't see Georgia losing to Auburn at all. UGA can stop the run pretty well and AU can't pass for crap.

Mizzou will win one and lose one between A&M and Ole Miss...likely drop the game vs A&M
Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
I'd like to see it...

...but I don't see Georgia losing to Auburn at all. UGA can stop the run pretty well and AU can't pass for crap.

Mizzou will win one and lose one between A&M and Ole Miss...likely drop the game vs A&M
Don't see the Dawgs stopping Auburn at Auburn...All teams play better at home...Jawja's young pups have played poorley on the road all season...They couldn't beat Vandy on the road...Auburn by 10..just watch
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

........ ........ ..... ........ ..................
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Agree with the OP they we have shot ourselves in the foot once in each the past 4 years. Should've been SEC East champs the past 3 years but we freaking ruined it...

We just 'gon have to see how this all plays out...
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Wait, we're casting LSU last year in the same category as Kentucky (2010), Auburn (2011), and Tennessee (2013)? Something's not right there. LSU was a good team, with a ton of quality depth, playing in one of the loudest sport venues in the country.

My point is, anyone who marked that game as a sure-fire win was insane. Could we have won? Yes. But it was never a mortal lock that we would...

Sent from iPhone, please excuse minor grammatical errors.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

lets beat fla first

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Wait, we're casting LSU last year in the same category as Kentucky (2010), Auburn (2011), and Tennessee (2013)? Something's not right there. LSU was a good team, with a ton of quality depth, playing in one of the loudest sport venues in the country.

My point is, anyone who marked that game as a sure-fire win was insane. Could we have won? Yes. But it was never a mortal lock that we would...

Was going to say the same thing. If you HAVE to point to a "WTF loss" in 2012, it would be UF IMO... althought I still wouldn't lump that game in that category as we were definitely not anywhere close to a lock to win that. You could really say that in 2012 we just won the games were were supposed to and lost the ones we were supposed to IMO.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I just thought I opened the "One Damn Game" thread.......
Old 11-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I just thought I opened the "One Damn Game" thread.......
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

whoa
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Don't see the Dawgs stopping Auburn at Auburn...All teams play better at home...Jawja's young pups have played poorley on the road all season...They couldn't beat Vandy on the road...Auburn by 10..just watch
Auburn can pass just fine. The just choose not to, why pass when you can run for the same amount. Sammie Coates leads the lead in average yards per reception too.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
That was without Gurley, who they have back now. I hope you're right though.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Georgia isn't a great road team... Lost to Clemson, Tennessee went down to the wire, lost to Vandy, and BARELY beat a mediocre at best Florida team.

Plus I just think auburn is the better overall team- even if UGA has gurley back.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107378315064
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Verbs. I need verbs.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

There should totally be a thread on this.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
I'd like to see it...

Mike Davis disagrees.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I can't see the mutts losing to Auburn if Gurley plays. He won teh game for them last week and he can do it again. If he gets hurt again they don't have a prayer. It actually probably helps them that he can't play this week.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #19
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:

I think the "Shoulda won" game everyone is counting from last year was Fla. Had we not gotten a horrible case of fumbleitis that game was very winnable.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #20
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:

Plus it wasn't a must win anyway. They Florida game was the must win game. An LSU win would have just been a bonus. If we beat Florida last year then we would have had a great opportunity to beat Alabama last year in Atlanta, geez Georgia almost did, and play Notre Dame for the national title and we'd have killed them like the Tide did and we'd be seeing our first SEC and National Title banner in Williams-Brice. Florida 2012 is right up there with Navy 1984 to me cause what it eventually cost us possibly winning, everything, and Florida was NOT that good last year just like Tennessee this year but we find a way to lose. We are closer to the prize than people think and it was there for us last year to be had but we handed it back once again, and we did again this year losing to Tennessee. If we only have 1 loss right now, we are being talked about winning it all this year. In the conversation at the very least. Tennessee loss still stings.